VLS or MLS?

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2022, 01:41 AM
Default VLS or MLS?

When looking for a home here, do you use VLS or MLS, or both?
Leaning toward VLS but open to both.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,603 Times in 941 Posts

When Buying, use BOTH. You will need two realtors - a Villages (VLS) realtor AND an MLS realtor.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

yes, both. Neither can show the other's properties.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-08-2022, 09:46 AM
Platinum member

Made the mistake of not using MLS when we bought. A lot less choices. VLS agent could not sell MLS listed homes.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Both for sure
Old 02-09-2022, 03:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking Villages Agents are NOT Realtors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
When Buying, use BOTH. You will need two realtors - a Villages (VLS) realtor AND an MLS realtor.
The Villages salespeople are NOT Realtors; they are only agents. There is a difference.

Those affiliated with the MLS ARE Realtors. They belong to the local association of Realtors, are members of the National Association of Realtors, and MUST follow a strict Code of Ethics.

The Villages does not permit Realtors to show any of their listings. Villages agents could show Realtors' listings but The Villages does not permit their agents to do that.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:01 AM
Default VLS or MLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Nelson View Post
When looking for a home here, do you use VLS or MLS, or both?
Leaning toward VLS but open to both.
I believe the VLS is more knowledgeable and know more about The Villages then the MLS Realtors. I purchased my home through the VLS and the entire process was very professional and easy. The VLS agent was excellent. He answered every phone call and email. I highly recommend using a VLS agent.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:08 AM
Location: Wyoming born, Texan by choice, Motorcoach wander and now Glenbrook village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I believe the VLS is more knowledgeable and know more about The Villages then the MLS Realtors. I purchased my home through the VLS and the entire process was very professional and easy. The VLS agent was excellent. He answered every phone call and email. I highly recommend using a VLS agent.
Not necessarily true. My MLS agent has lived in the Villages and sold & bought properties here for 20+years. She was extremely knowledgeable and gave us important details about problems in certain areas that the VLS didn't offer up to us but only answered questions when specifically asked about it. She also didn't push us only towards the new homes that our VLS only wanted to show ushe did show us so pre owned homes but you could tell he didn't want to and they weren't honest about the time line of the social areas opening down south. It's important to have both agents that are knowledgeable on the Villages so you can see all the homes and get a different perspective from each
Old 02-09-2022, 10:47 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I recommend you use both as MLS and VLS are mutually exclusive. Homes listed in one are not listed in the other. MLS Realtors can only show preowned homes; VLS agents can show both preowned and new. Beware of any VLS agent who evades showing you preowned homes and steers you to new homes. That was my experience with my first VLS agent so I switched.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I agree, use both, but also look on Zillow for FSBO properties that neither salesperson will likely be able to show you.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
Definitely NOT true!

Most Realtors (MLS agents) actually live in The Villages and they know Villages products very well.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:02 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts
Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I agree, use both, but also look on Zillow for FSBO properties that neither salesperson will likely be able to show you.
You are spot on. When you are a buyer use all the resources available and always due diligence.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Definitely NOT true!

Most Realtors (MLS agents) actually live in The Villages and they know Villages products very well.
Think it depends on the actual realtor
Old 02-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
The Villages salespeople are NOT Realtors; they are only agents. There is a difference.

Those affiliated with the MLS ARE Realtors. They belong to the local association of Realtors, are members of the National Association of Realtors, and MUST follow a strict Code of Ethics.

The Villages does not permit Realtors to show any of their listings. Villages agents could show Realtors' listings but The Villages does not permit their agents to do that.
After reading the "Code of Ethics", it seems to be more like the "Boy Scout Pledge" than legally binding rules...

Understanding the Real Estate Agent Code of Ethics

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
vls, mls, open, leaning, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.