Warranty department

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Michael Charles
Default Warranty department

We're really having issues with a few of the contractors coming to our home to do the same repair after the 3rd time. Yes, they've done these repairs 3 times now and the issues aren't getting resolved. That is totally unacceptable. It's a tremendous waste of our time having to wait for the 2-3 hour time windows that these workers need to get here is very trying on our patience. Calling into the Warranty department is becoming rather an unpleasant experience especially when the builder rep finally returns our call. We know that he is busy but doing the same repair 3 times! Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 09-04-2019 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what type of repair? Since you now have a track record for 3 attempts to have the problem repaired, it might be time to go in a talk to home warranty, and demand that they allow you to get your own contractor and have them cover the expense. I have never heard of this problem before, most if not all of previous posts and my own experience was all warranty repairs were done quickly and completely.
Hope you get satisfaction.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:50 AM

We are having similar experiences with the subcontractors who have come out 3 times, so far. We contacted our project manager/supervisor and were disappointed in his willingness to provide an appropriate solution. (As we talk with other new owners, we are finding out that the problems are bigger than the cosmetic fix offered). The Warranty department has ALWAYS been pleasant. While we have met others who have significant issues with their spec home, we have also met new owners whose spec home was done quite well.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Ask for a manager, or even the managers boss. If not, try to find someone who knows how to get in touch with the Morsses.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

If you haven't already had a home inspection done, I would suggest hiring Frank D'Angelo to inspect the house and to document all warranty deficiencies. I don't think that the warranty department will ignore any serious defects documented in one of Frank's reports.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Is it possible you are expecting something unrealistic?

We have always received way more than we asked for.

Have you been nasty? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Unrealistic? Hmmm. Let's see, having a shower floor so off that the water enters the non-shower area! repaired 2 times and still water flows to non shower areas unrealistic.

Nasty? Let's see, of course not. Why would you assume that I was nasty?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 09-05-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you haven't already had a home inspection done, I would suggest hiring Frank D'Angelo to inspect the house and to document all warranty deficiencies. I don't think that the warranty department will ignore any serious defects documented in one of Frank's reports.
Thanks for the referral to Frank. I will make a note to call this week.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Ask for a manager, or even the managers boss. If not, try to find someone who knows how to get in touch with the Morsses.
Thanks, we just met with the actual builder not the home warranty person who did our walk through. A 9:30 meeting today has already resulted in 3 contractors calling to schedule work. Thanks for the input! 2 already coming this afternoon!!
Old 09-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Thanks, we just met with the actual builder not the home warranty person who did our walk through. A 9:30 meeting today has already resulted in 3 contractors calling to schedule work. Thanks for the input! 2 already coming this afternoon!!
This is more like the Warranty Department that we all have had favorable experiences with.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I think the speed with which spec homes are being built has sadly affected the quality of work. I was actually told by a subcontracting supervisor that I should not expect the same quality of work in a spec home as I could in a custom home. She also told me that the trim man, who is a friend of hers, told her how bad the work in our home was & sent her pictures. The majority of us have owned several homes and have realistic expectations for what is reasonable in a newly built home. They may or may not fix it based on standards they build by. We closed over 3 months ago and still haven’t been able to use our kitchen/bathroom cabinets. (TV knew about this problem prior to putting the house on the market.). Please don’t assume that people who have significant issues are being rude. This has been more than frustrating, and I suspect there are many more of us.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

Call me cynical, but I do not agree that you can expect the quality of a custom home to be better than a spec home. A custom home is already sold before it is built. The customer is pretty much locked in to buy the house after it is constructed, even if it has some defects. A spec home has to be built, and then sold to someone who likes it. So, the builder needs to make sure that the spec home at least has the appearance of quality, or they won't be able to sell it. But, I think The Villages constructs high quality homes, and that the warranty department is excellent at satisfying the customer. You should get a good home inspector, who will properly document defects and make sure they are corrected.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Default Home Warranty Department e-mail address

Does anyone know the e-mail address of the Home Warranty Department?
Old 09-29-2019, 09:56 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnjguy View Post
Does anyone know the e-mail address of the Home Warranty Department?
The Villages warranty department is staffed with six woman who work diligently and answer to their supervisor, Dennis Stratinger.

Their workload is divided by builder. There are 6 construction companies who build all the new homes in The Villages. If you like to P.M. me your builder I can give you the exact e-mail of "YOUR" person who handles your home. You will find this information on a white sticker on your garage electrical panelbox.

Also, the phone number for the Warranty department is 352-753-6222. Hope this helps!

Frank D'Angelo
Old 09-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Just out of curiosity, what type of repair? Since you now have a track record for 3 attempts to have the problem repaired, it might be time to go in a talk to home warranty, and demand that they allow you to get your own contractor and have them cover the expense. I have never heard of this problem before, most if not all of previous posts and my own experience was all warranty repairs were done quickly and completely.
Hope you get satisfaction.
Hoo boy. We had a problem that a roofer and plumber kept kicking back and forth to each other. It took over a year to resolve. Finally warranty took some action other than just calling them. All someone had to do was turn a roof vent around, although we did not know this at the time.

I do not know what finally caused the one contractor to fix it, but he said he just decided to quit fighting with the other contractor and gave in and came to fix it. The house was out of warranty, but the complaint started well within the warranty period.

I would say to the OP, keep the pressure on warranty. They are the ones who can put pressure on the contractors.

Tags
time, times, repair, warranty, issues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.