Warranty department

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Michael Charles

Well folks I'm here to tell you that finally (5 months) after having an independent adjuster come in to photograph our issue in ALL 3 bathrooms of defective tiles on the walls we have a resolution. I was told that they will be replacing all of the shower wall tiles due to a manufacturer's defect! Now, we need to be home all day for 4 days while the defective tile is removed then the new tile and greenboard installed.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Well folks I'm here to tell you that finally (5 months) after having an independent adjuster come in to photograph our issue in ALL 3 bathrooms of defective tiles on the walls we have a resolution. I was told that they will be replacing all of the shower wall tiles due to a manufacturer's defect! Now, we need to be home all day for 4 days while the defective tile is removed then the new tile and greenboard installed.
I still say that warranty has come though for us in spades and also to many, many people we know. I think some people are unrealistic and expect things that are unrealistic, such as one poster expected the developer to reroute the cable and electrical wiring under a proposed pool addition.

We have had eleven total homes built over our many years of marriage and by far the last two here had the most immediate and effective responses from warranty.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I still say that warranty has come though for us in spades and also to many, many people we know. I think some people are unrealistic and expect things that are unrealistic, such as one poster expected the developer to reroute the cable and electrical wiring under a proposed pool addition.

We have had eleven total homes built over our many years of marriage and by far the last two here had the most immediate and effective responses from warranty.
graciegirl, I'm so pleased that warranty has come through for you and your friends in spades. In this and your previous direct response to my post I'm guessing that you are saying that I'm being unrealistic. You really shouldn't state that unless you've actually seen my issue. If there was no issue then why would the manufacturer be willing to replace it all? My main point is that it shouldn't have been signed off of in the first place. They were hoping that we wouldn't have said anything about it. Warranty had no part in the independent adjuster sending his report to that manufacturer.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
graciegirl, I'm so pleased that warranty has come through for you and your friends in spades. In this and your previous direct response to my post I'm guessing that you are saying that I'm being unrealistic. You really shouldn't state that unless you've actually seen my issue. If there was no issue then why would the manufacturer be willing to replace it all? My main point is that it shouldn't have been signed off of in the first place. They were hoping that we wouldn't have said anything about it. Warranty had no part in the independent adjuster sending his report to that manufacturer.
We don't know each other. We all just have opinions. What was your issue? Who is the manufacturer that fixed your issue? Is the manufacturer paying for the labor? The builders put up defective tiles in your bathrooms? What was wrong with them? Can we see the picture?
Old 10-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Unrealistic? Hmmm. Let's see, having a shower floor so off that the water enters the non-shower area! repaired 2 times and still water flows to non shower areas unrealistic.

Nasty? Let's see, of course not. Why would you assume that I was nasty?

Thanks for your input.
The water is not draining properly? Is the drain clogged? Are the tiles laid improperly or is it that the tiles are defective?

Tags
time, times, repair, warranty, issues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.