Warranty department

Warranty department

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is it possible you are expecting something unrealistic?

We have always received way more than we asked for.

Have you been nasty? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
I think the speed with which spec homes are being built has sadly affected the quality of work. I was actually told by a subcontracting supervisor that I should not expect the same quality of work in a spec home as I could in a custom home. She also told me that the trim man, who is a friend of hers, told her how bad the work in our home was & sent her pictures. The majority of us have owned several homes and have realistic expectations for what is reasonable in a newly built home. They may or may not fix it based on standards they build by. We closed over 3 months ago and still haven’t been able to use our kitchen/bathroom cabinets. (TV knew about this problem prior to putting the house on the market.). Please don’t assume that people who have significant issues are being rude. This has been more than frustrating, and I suspect there are many more of us.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Call me cynical, but I do not agree that you can expect the quality of a custom home to be better than a spec home. A custom home is already sold before it is built. The customer is pretty much locked in to buy the house after it is constructed, even if it has some defects. A spec home has to be built, and then sold to someone who likes it. So, the builder needs to make sure that the spec home at least has the appearance of quality, or they won't be able to sell it. But, I think The Villages constructs high quality homes, and that the warranty department is excellent at satisfying the customer. You should get a good home inspector, who will properly document defects and make sure they are corrected.
Sponsored Links

Tags
time, times, repair, warranty, issues