We did it!

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM
Veteran member
Default We did it!

Hello, all! Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been lurking for a few months, trying to learn as much as possible about TV, as hubby and I pondered our future. We have been happily wintering in the Tampa/Clearwater area for several years. Over time, though, I have tired of the packing and unpacking, and have longed to move south on a full-time basis.

My sister and her husband moved to TV after turning the family business over to "the kids" and they are so happy with their decision. It really got me thinking more and more about the area. I have been looking at homes online and happened to come across a home that seemed perfect for us. (We have somewhat atypical needs that can make house hunting a challenge.)

On Monday my sissy and B-I-L went out with a realtor and toured three homes for us. With the wonder of modern technology we were able to use a video conferencing app to follow along as they walked the properties. The home that I had ranked as #1 on this short list of homes turned out to be "the one". We made an offer, received a counter, and accepted the counter, by the next day.

We are flying down next week to see the place in person. (We have a contingency in place that gives us 15 days to do so.) If all goes well, we will own a home in The Villages by Halloween.

I know you all understand how excited I am at the prospect of living in your beautiful "town" and living near my family, which has not been the case for a very long time. I want to thank all of you who provide so much information to folks like us as we think about making this kind of move. I look forward to meeting many of you in person in the future.

kathy (and Dan)
currently Blue Bell, PA
Old 08-29-2018, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Congratulations! Pretty sure you will enjoy it here, especially with family so close. If you have read many of the posts on the New Members Forum, you’ve pretty much got good advice, especially if you’ve read the last 12 months or so. I say that because recommendations for a contractor may be outdated.

If you need any help or advice, this is definitely the place to find it!
Old 08-29-2018, 01:45 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 08-29-2018, 02:17 PM

A great decision, and a monumental move that you won't regret. In fact, you'll probably wonder why you waited so long.
welcome to Paradise
Old 08-29-2018, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Hope all goes well with your in person inspection, and let me be the first to say Welcome to The Villages.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Always great to see another southeastern Pennsylvanian make the move......

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Wow - you're getting a two-fer! The dream of living in TV AND your sister there too. Lucky you! Best wishes in your new home and new life.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Great decision - you will not regret it!
Old 08-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Welcome to the next phase of your life known as "living the dream".
Old 08-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Enjoy life!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Observation

I have a brother who lives in California''s Napa Valley and he has been here a few times. His assessment is "it is just too good". He is 100% right! If someone is not happy here they have serious problems. We should not forget the State which has no income tax, etc. Welcome and continue to enjoy life.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:18 AM

Congrats! You will love it.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Hello, all! Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been lurking for a few months, trying to learn as much as possible about TV, as hubby and I pondered our future. We have been happily wintering in the Tampa/Clearwater area for several years. Over time, though, I have tired of the packing and unpacking, and have longed to move south on a full-time basis.

My sister and her husband moved to TV after turning the family business over to "the kids" and they are so happy with their decision. It really got me thinking more and more about the area. I have been looking at homes online and happened to come across a home that seemed perfect for us. (We have somewhat atypical needs that can make house hunting a challenge.)

On Monday my sissy and B-I-L went out with a realtor and toured three homes for us. With the wonder of modern technology we were able to use a video conferencing app to follow along as they walked the properties. The home that I had ranked as #1 on this short list of homes turned out to be "the one". We made an offer, received a counter, and accepted the counter, by the next day.

We are flying down next week to see the place in person. (We have a contingency in place that gives us 15 days to do so.) If all goes well, we will own a home in The Villages by Halloween.

I know you all understand how excited I am at the prospect of living in your beautiful "town" and living near my family, which has not been the case for a very long time. I want to thank all of you who provide so much information to folks like us as we think about making this kind of move. I look forward to meeting many of you in person in the future.

kathy (and Dan)
currently Blue Bell, PA
Having your cake and eating it too. You are blessed.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Several people on this site have bought homes sight unseen and they never regretted it!

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

Update: Visited TV yesterday and saw our new house. It is even nicer than it appeared in the pictures and during the FaceTime tour. Love the neighborhood. House inspection went great. We will be removing the “see it in person” contingency on Monday.

Doing the happy dance!

Kathy
Closed Thread

Tags
home, homes, area, living, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.