We Did It!

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Bosoxfan

to our little piece of paradise!! You're going to love it!!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Default Tamarind Grove Newbies

We close on our new cottage home in Tamarind Grove on June 27 and will move in the next day. We're originally from Maryland and have spent the last 20 years in Pinehurst, NC. In Feb. we decided that the next 20 should be spent in Florida. We're both avid golfers and we're excited about all the things The Villages has to offer. We're already packing after having sold our home in only 18 days!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadlos View Post
We close on our new cottage home in Tamarind Grove on June 27 and will move in the next day.
Hi, neighbor! In August we will begin building a Sun Kissed on Lot 37 at the end of Ansley Path. Where is your house?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 PM
village_gal

Congratulations, I look forward to hearing all about your move. Yes, I'm jealous as well, I want to live in TV.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Congrats on the new home. That is an area that is not too far from the proposed Brownwood square. Bit too close to Wildwood for me but being The Villages, it will be good.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Bit too close to Wildwood for me <snip>
Oh, Tbugs... get off the soap box.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks all for the welcome. We signed all the papers and dropped them in the mail friday. Official closing is the 20th. Our home is a CYV on lot 9 on Littlestone Terrace. Moving the wife and furry kids down the middle of May. I will be following on the 1st of July. Can't wait. Both love to play golf and looking forward to all the other available activities. Not worried about
Wildwood and think locationis great.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewt View Post
Thanks all for the welcome. We signed all the papers and dropped them in the mail friday. Official closing is the 20th. Our home is a CYV on lot 9 on Littlestone Terrace. Moving the wife and furry kids down the middle of May. I will be following on the 1st of July. Can't wait. Both love to play golf and looking forward to all the other available activities. Not worried about
Wildwood and think locationis great.
We close tomorrow on CYV on Littlestone Terrace and plan to get the keys the 2nd week of July. I think we're Lot #5....so we must be neighbors! Looking forward to meeting you!

Geri and Chuck
Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM

We are looking forward to meeting all our new neighbors the end of June and first part of July. Also looking forward to our first neighborhood block party.

Tom and Chris
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewt View Post
We are looking forward to meeting all our new neighbors the end of June and first part of July. Also looking forward to our first neighborhood block party.

Tom and Chris
Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Deb and I return late Friday night.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 PM

we are buying in Tamarind Grove. am wondering why the concerns about it being too close to Wildwood? don't see anything sinister bordering the villages neighborhoods, is there something to be concerned about
Old 06-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Default Congratulations....we are also new owners...

We are in a hotel with our dog and 2 cats about 2 hours north of TV. We are waiting for our closing today at 3:30. We bought a preowned home in Village de la Vista. It was the closing from hell but we are finally at the finish line.

We are so thrilled. We actually thought we would build a new home but it ended up being less costly buying a preowned with a pool.

Yeah. We are finally (almost) here. This will be a retirement/vacation home for us so we will be splitting our time between here and South Carolina. Two great places to live.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmar View Post
we are buying in Tamarind Grove. am wondering why the concerns about it being too close to Wildwood? don't see anything sinister bordering the villages neighborhoods, is there something to be concerned about
Billmar,

Personally, I don't think so. You can Google crime stats and Wildwood is pretty much on par with the surrounding areas.

There are a few posters here with mild to severe cases of Xenophobia...

k
Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Billmar,

Personally, I don't think so. You can Google crime stats and Wildwood is pretty much on par with the surrounding areas.

There are a few posters here with mild to severe cases of Xenophobia...

k
... or a case of the "snob pox." I have read the stats, and bought in Tamarind Grove. Love it.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I'm coming from Baltimore which has 5 - 10 murders a week (that's no exaggeration) and I'm going to worry about Wildwood. I believe the entire Sumter County has about 7 murders per year and most of them are domestic. I'm sure many others have also come from major crime ridden cities, I think we'll all be alright.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.