We took the plunge

We took the plunge

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
We took the plunge
  #1  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default We took the plunge

Well, we took the plunge and purchased at CYV. We have been regular visitors due to family living in TV for the past 12 years and have experienced pretty much every aspect of the community. Our biggest problem was we were just to young to meet the criteria of the 55+ guidelines. So hear we are today still a bit to young (just by a smidge) but darn ready to retire and figured it was time.

We have have few questions regarding closing that we hope we can get some guidance on. First the corner lot CYV has quite a lot of additions (pool,Spa, extra garage etc...) Is there a way we can find out if all has been approved or correctly permitted without opening proverbial pandoras box?

Also we have a neat car collection (ford muscle cars) that we want to store indoors but also will allow maintenance and work when needed. Is this something easy to find around TV or will we have to look into Leesburg or Ocala? We figure since we have attended so many town square car show's many have had to find the same indoor facility for their collection.

Anyways we don't want to overshoot our inaugural post so we will keep it short till we have more questions lol.

Regards,

N&R

  #2  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:09 AM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,895
Default

...

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:14 AM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,818
Default

You can also talk to ARC and get the history on what the approved for the property
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #4  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:19 AM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Well, we took the plunge and purchased at CYV. We have been regular visitors due to family living in TV for the past 12 years and have experienced pretty much every aspect of the community. Our biggest problem was we were just to young to meet the criteria of the 55+ guidelines. So hear we are today still a bit to young (just by a smidge) but darn ready to retire and figured it was time.

We have have few questions regarding closing that we hope we can get some guidance on. First the corner lot CYV has quite a lot of additions (pool,Spa, extra garage etc...) Is there a way we can find out if all has been approved or correctly permitted without opening proverbial pandoras box?

Also we have a neat car collection (ford muscle cars) that we want to store indoors but also will allow maintenance and work when needed. Is this something easy to find around TV or will we have to look into Leesburg or Ocala? We figure since we have attended so many town square car show's many have had to find the same indoor facility for their collection.

Anyways we don't want to overshoot our inaugural post so we will keep it short till we have more questions lol.

Regards,

N&R
Contact the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) (352) 751-3912. They will tell you what has been submitted to them for your property. In addition, depending on the age of your home, Lake, Marion and Sumter County Building Departments have online access to see what, if any, permits have been applied for or issued. If your home is older than when the on-line system covers, you can call them and ask.

Town of Lady Lake Building Department — 352-751-1511
Lake County Building Department — 352-343-9653
Marion County Building Department — 352-438-2400
Sumter County Building Department — 352-689-4460
  #5  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Well, we took the plunge and purchased at CYV.
Welcome to The Villages. Which Village are you in?
We bought in Belvedere in 2007, and have never regretted it!
You'll find us a friendly bunch on TOTV, more than willing to answer all questions.
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
  #6  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:04 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Welcome to The Villages. Which Village are you in?
We purchased in Village of Poinciana (hopefully I spelled that correctly) because we really wanted to be mid point with family and friends. We also wanted privacy and pool
  #7  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Did you buy the corner lot CYV with a pool on Nautilus Lane. I just saw the open house yesterday, I didn't know they were moving. They had an afghan dog named Raven. I owned an afghan in the 70's and 80's and my favorite team is the Ravens, so I really liked that dog. If it's not that home, then good luck on your new purchase. As far as the home additions, that's something the Realtor should know. As for storage, this place posts on here everyday, I'm not sure about indoor, maybe they can help.
Thanks for the info and link John! We will look into it. It’s the one big chain we have lol.
  #8  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:39 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Contact the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) (352) 751-3912. They will tell you what has been submitted to them for your property. In addition, depending on the age of your home, Lake, Marion and Sumter County Building Departments have online access to see what, if any, permits have been applied for or issued. If your home is older than when the on-line system covers, you can call them and ask.

Town of Lady Lake Building Department — 352-751-1511
Lake County Building Department — 352-343-9653
Marion County Building Department — 352-438-2400
Sumter County Building Department — 352-689-4460
***And although I'm sure the OP won't find anything wrong, this is a good reminder that checking these sources is a good idea before an offer is even made.
  #9  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Dan9871 Dan9871 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
We have have few questions regarding closing that we hope we can get some guidance on. First the corner lot CYV has quite a lot of additions (pool,Spa, extra garage etc...) Is there a way we can find out if all has been approved or correctly permitted without opening proverbial pandoras box?
You can go to etrakit for sumter county

etrakit.sumtercountyfl.gov

and lookup all the permits for the house and violations and other stuff for that matter too. You can look up by address or a number of other ways. You will have to signup and get a user name and password for etrakit but it doesn't cost anything.

This won't tell you if every thing in the house was properly permitted and inspected. But if you look for any obvious changes you be able to see it they were permitted. You can also get detailed plans here too.


For example this is from a permit for 2293 nautilus for a birdcage cover.

The Villages Florida
  #10  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:59 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
You can go to etrakit for sumter county

etrakit.sumtercountyfl.gov

and lookup all the permits for the house and violations and other stuff for that matter too. You can look up by address or a number of other ways. You will have to signup and get a user name and password for etrakit but it doesn't cost anything.

This won't tell you if every thing in the house was properly permitted and inspected. But if you look for any obvious changes you be able to see it they were permitted. You can also get detailed plans here too.


For example this is from a permit for 2293 nautilus for a birdcage cover.

The Villages Florida
Depending on the age of the home, it may not be in eTrakit. A call will ensure you are getting accurate information.
Closed Thread

Tags
find, young, questions, collection, car

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.