what do you wish someone would have told you

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Rubicon, it's so true that what is a great lifestyle to some won't necessarily appeal to others.

This is probably a semi-hijack, but if living in Charleston is your dream, and if living in TV is neither joyful nor comfortably affordable to you, are you sure that staying is your best option?

Have you considered that what you lose by selling in a down market, you might gain by (a) buying in a down market, (b) reduced monthly expenses that don't tap into your savings and (c) greater enjoyment of your life and less stress over finances? Is it possible that if you buy in Charleston now, you will pay less than you would have had you purchased in Charleston when you purchased in TV?

I mention this in the context of this thread because yes, a percentage of people living in TV (or anywhere else), will discover over time that having known this or foreseen that might have led them down a different path. Other paths might still be open.
Good thought. You are so wise. Rubicon, listen to the woman - Follow That Dream.

Xavier
Old 06-05-2011, 05:00 PM

wow Bill-N-Brillo...just when I was starting to admire your posts! You go and put C a notch above WC?? Did you not hang out at the Castle in Queens growing up when they used to come by roller skate and deliver to your car? Actually I didn't either, but my husband said they did. We do prefer the Castle and he is anxiously awaiting his summer fix of the belly bombs. Their bread is thinner, thereby allowing for the "full flavor" (hahaha) of the meat to come through.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
wow Bill-N-Brillo...just when I was starting to admire your posts! You go and put C a notch above WC?? Did you not hang out at the Castle in Queens growing up when they used to come by roller skate and deliver to your car? Actually I didn't either, but my husband said they did. We do prefer the Castle and he is anxiously awaiting his summer fix of the belly bombs. Their bread is thinner, thereby allowing for the "full flavor" (hahaha) of the meat to come through.
Ha-ha!! White Castles are everywhere in central OH - have eaten them since I was a kid.....though the roller skating thing pre-dates me! For whatever reason, Krystals just taste a bit better to us.

Bill
Old 06-05-2011, 05:18 PM

ahhh...but did you have a drag race thrown in for free?? He said all included in the $1 price of a meal...4 burgers, a french fries, and a frosted shake...and maybe some change!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
. . . Steak N Shake also makes a good regular burger.
But you can't get a steak at Steak N Shake. I wish I had known that before I moved to The Villages.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
But you can't get a steak at Steak N Shake. I wish I had known that before I moved to The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.