Visiting in November and will be looking at homes

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Default Visiting in November and will be looking at homes

Hi,

I visited a friend in TV in February 2019 for 5 days. I thought it was nice but not for me and my husband because we don’t play golf. I didn’t like that we had to pay for a membership to use the gym (lift weights, free & machines).

We retired 2 years ago at age 55. Now with covid, things have changed. We are researching and seriously considering a new lifestyle in TV. We want to be active during the day, not just at night or weekends which is what working folks do.

I have been reading everything you TOTV are talking about on this forum and am gleaning great tips, thank you.

We are excited to be staying for a whole month in November! We hope the clubs open by then but if not we will still enjoy what is available.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Sage

Good luck ... the best is yet to come!
Old 09-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Platinum member

Our Villages’ realtor commented that only 60% of Villagers play golf. If you’re dead set against trying golf, consider the green space our many golf courses offer. We’re here 15 years and still enjoy TV. Hope the lifestyle never ends. Good luck with your visit in Nov.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Been here since Feb and enjoying living here and also not golfers.

Do not even own a golf cart and still doing fine.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:08 PM

While looking at homes, particularly ones that abut golf courses, ask your real estate sales person to comment on this discussion Hacienda GC
Old 09-03-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Our Villages’ realtor commented that only 60% of Villagers play golf. If you’re dead set against trying golf, consider the green space our many golf courses offer. We’re here 15 years and still enjoy TV. Hope the lifestyle never ends. Good luck with your visit in Nov.
We are not against trying golf. I’m up trying for any outdoor activity that gets me off my butt, in the sun and is social.

Thank you.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:24 AM

We have been here 1 year and I NEVER thought I would play golf, no interest at all! However, it has become a several times a week fun event. I play with ladies group, husband, other friends. It's social, outdoors and safe! No one I either plays consistently well or cares that I don't! There are many things to do here as well!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default I’ve been on many golf courses

In Florida including 2 here, I’ve never played a round . I’m busy all day with many things, I bike , run and walk , got to gym almost every day . I’m now out in Fenney I’m my 5th new villages home, I loved all of them . There’s lots of green space out here, nice fog park and a beautiful park to walk halve in the shade with out door exercise machines. I was out here early and am excited about the things already here and the many more choices xciting things to come, I’m 81 and I am happy with the profess we have had , and when I bought out here early no one promised me the bridges would be up before at least 2?years , one thing you’ll here it’s sooooooo far to grocery store , I agree it took me 6 minutes yesterday , I think I’ll take a snack next time
Old 09-03-2020, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,856 Times in 893 Posts

Congratulations on having an open mind! remember, you don't have to like everything, or you can try something new to see if you like it. however, the club mentality is great, and you are clubbing with people of your own age or generation, so you will share similar fates: creaky joints, early bed times, reminiscing about the good ole days, which could even morph into today being a great day outside, where the virus doesn't live and your doctor tells you to get regular exercise.

If you need a house to rent in December or January, check in with NON villages rental agencies, such as individuals on here with houses for rent, or rental agencies such as down home properties.. You wouldn't want to get too comfy with "the family"
LOL!

sports guy
Old 09-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

When you are driving around in the golf cart, wave so we know who you are.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
While looking at homes, particularly ones that abut golf courses, ask your real estate sales person to comment on this discussion Hacienda GC
I second that.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-03-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

safe travels down....there's a lot to be said about living in TV

we don't golf either, don't have a golf cart....by the time November roles around there'll be plenty to do during the day
Old 09-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Platinum member

What are you looking for in a house and location???? If you have not decided, study the floor plans available on new homes. Ck out the resales floor plans, you'll find they are different. I studied TOTV and floor plans for 2 years before my husband and I decided on a Gardenia with golf car garage. Got here and no lot big enough for that available at the time. I tried to get them to give me the golf car garage and eliminate the kitchen but they wouldn't go for that. We loved the lot and location so much we gave up the golf car garage. At the time, I didn't play gollf but the neighbors got me to try and didn't care that I stunk at it, but the groups go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner afterwards and it was great fun and some laughs. Been here 10 years now and still not great at golf but once in awhile luck shines down on me like when I got a hole in one. Our neighborhool is Jacaranda Island in The Village of Pennecamp and is well sought out for homes going on sale. We've jst had 3 homes go on sale and one sold in 1 day, 1 in 3 hours and 1 in 3 days. Put your preferences on this website and people will keep an eye out for you or contact a sales agent and specify what area you're interested in ahead of time.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancysgriffin87@gmail.com View Post
We have been here 1 year and I NEVER thought I would play golf, no interest at all! However, it has become a several times a week fun event. I play with ladies group, husband, other friends. It's social, outdoors and safe! No one I either plays consistently well or cares that I don't! There are many things to do here as well!
Nancy,

Thank you for telling me of your golf experience. Did you take lessons when you started? I have only ever played miniature golf.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
I have been reading here on TOTV about it. I will be sure to ask the realtors and also my friend who has lived in Orange Blossom Village for 4 years.
Closed Thread

Tags
november, folks, working, reading, visiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.