What I love best about my home & what I dislike

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM

I love our TV home because it is in Florida where it is warm and it never snows!!!

I hate it because we're not there yet
Old 02-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default What do I love....EVERYTHING!

I could be the poster person for The Villages....I know I've died and gone straight to heaven....golf heaven!

Neighbors - The BEST!....I know, all of u have the best also

House - Love our mother-in-law suite, all guests fight over it!...
Love the privacy of our courtyard - We actually bought
house in the courtyard b4 we toured the house....
Wish garage was bigger, ole' boy likes to putter

The Villages - What's NOT to like....Can not believe that one family is
responsible for making us all kids again in Village-world...

And last but not least, sharing all of this with my guy, who spoils me
rotten....
Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

I like the location of our home. It is just minutes from SS, shopping, bank, hospital, doctors and the veterinarian, by golf cart. More important to us as we get older. The back is on the golf course and the front is on a dead end street that has a golf cart trail at the end, so we have lots of carts going by, but not many cars.

I don't like the exterior appearance of our home, and haven't figured out how to make it better. Too blah.

But, it is all ok because of the location. We do love it in TV!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I have to agree with Redwitch about just being happy to live in the beautiful Villages.

To comment on my house; I'd have to say that what I love, visually, is the openness of the floor plan, and what I don't like, in practice, is the openness of the floor plan.

That's only when my wonderful wife decides to watch something on daytime TV on a day when I'm home and it's hard to escape the noise of the TV. I'm a guy that just loves to curl up with a book or contribute to online blogs and the noise can be distracting. Oh well; I'm also just glad to have my wife in my life, so I tolerate it with love.
We resolved that problem by purchasing wireless earphones for the television and there's nary a sound throught the home when Bill is watching his sports "stuff." And, when I want to watch my soap, he can enjoy the silence. It really helps.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post

I don't like the exterior appearance of our home, and haven't figured out how to make it better. Too blah.
Have you considered awnings? Also, we added a spiffy new glass door. And a front lawn island with a double Sylvester palm that we love. Now we like the exterior of our house much, much better.

Things we love about our house:

Location .. near everything we use often ... the library, dog park, Publix, Bealls, Bonefish Grill, Crispers, the adult pool.

We back on a golf course and have a hilly view with a bit of water, so there are birds fishing during the day and frogs singing at night.

We have a double garage with an extension. So there is lots of room for bikes, golf cart, SUV, motorcycle, etc. Our previous home was a Courtyard Villa which I loved, but the garage was just too small.

We have a split plan with master bedroom on one side of the house and the guest bedrooms on the other side. This gives us lots of privacy when we have guests.

Things I don't like about our house:

The split plan means there are no side windows in the living room (But a triple, stackable glass door at the end leading to the lanai.) I found the living room dark when we moved in, so we put in four sun tunnels plus a glass front door. It is much brighter now.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

Thanks, Barefoot, for the suggestion, but we have added awnings. I think we need to work on the trim.

As for the noise from the TV, my husband has used a headset for years.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default bump

bump
Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Gold member

We love our Whispering Pine - it has great space open and great neighbors. The three bedrooms are a real plus and I am so glad we put in plantation shutters - will do that again. The downside is we'll probably sell in the spring because we just adopted a more mature doggie (that doesn't shed) but we'd like a courtyard villa now (for the doggie!!). Hate to leave this house but it is all about the dog!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.