What questions to ask Salesperson during Lifestyle Visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2023, 04:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Seach the The talk of the village website which is a very transparent website

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
Long time lurker to the forum but first post. I just booked a lifestyle visit for June. My wife & I want to look at some houses of course - we're leaning towards CYV because we have a dog and would like a fenced in yard. I'm leaning towards a new house while my wife is leaning towards a more established house / village. We have been to TV twice but only for a day at a time - this will be our first extended visit.

I'm aware of the North v South debates and also understand there really is no bad place to live in TV. I'm curious as to if there are better locations in terms of bonds / taxes.

I have read comments on other threads that the salespeople don't necessarily volunteer information. I'm wondering what questions / information do you wish you had asked for while you looking for your house.
You would be amassed on what you will find. Which and will bring transparency that might and can change your mind.
Old 02-15-2023, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
I use Kroger delivery so the distance to the grocery store is not that much of an issue
I've thought about trying them, but then I totally dislike when I have to be home during a set time window to receive a delivery when there's other things that I could be doing. How much of a time window do they give you?
Old 02-15-2023, 06:51 PM
Default not ask drive

Get a cart and drive from where you think would like to be acting like you are going to stores and activities you would want to. The houses are the same the cart commute made me stay above 44 when I moved back. AND ask about the prison, quarry and turnpike noise
Old 03-02-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashes View Post
If you want all the correct info have Beth Pope as your realator 352-552-1511
Is she a VLS or MLS salesperson?
Old 03-02-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
is she a vls or mls salesperson?
Villages.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:08 PM
Default Mt two cents having bought used

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
Long time lurker to the forum but first post. I just booked a lifestyle visit for June. My wife & I want to look at some houses of course - we're leaning towards CYV because we have a dog and would like a fenced in yard. I'm leaning towards a new house while my wife is leaning towards a more established house / village. We have been to TV twice but only for a day at a time - this will be our first extended visit.

I'm aware of the North v South debates and also understand there really is no bad place to live in TV. I'm curious as to if there are better locations in terms of bonds / taxes.

I have read comments on other threads that the salespeople don't necessarily volunteer information. I'm wondering what questions / information do you wish you had asked for while you looking for your house.
We have lived here full time since 2018. We bought a used house that was built about 2010 - we are the 4th owner. Each of the other owners made upgrades so the home was well appointed when we got it - trey ceilings, solar tubes, decorative driveway, etc. The bond was the hardest for us to understand so you have to get comfortable with that. We elected to keep it as it will be paid for in another couple years AND if we would move, we may be picking up another bond.
Also - on a used home - make sure you understand the whole roof situation in regard to homeowners insurance. We had trouble getting insurance at the 14 year mark.
I wish the inspection report included the sprinkler system. We spent several hundred dollars after we moved in getting the system working properly - mostly replacing heads.
We have friends living in the souther regions. Our problem with that area is you are limited to restaurants that you can easily get to by golf cart and golf courses (if important). We are glad we live in one of the older sections.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:15 PM

Newell, Lake Denham, and Dabney are all in Lake County where the taxes are higher. This is where most of the new construction is.

Ask if in Wildwood as that adds to taxes and utilities.

If buying a new build, do not believe the statement, "Warranty is wonderful and will fix everything."
Closed Thread

Tags
house, visit, leaning, questions, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.