What to be sure to do on the Lifestyle visit?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Default What to be sure to do on the Lifestyle visit?

My daughter and I will be visiting TV in about 5 weeks and want to be sure we see/do activities that will give me a good sampling of what's available for my retirement years.

Neither of us golf, but I'd like to take it up again if I move there. We plan to go to a movie, go to the town squares in the evening, visit the rec centers, shop, eat at a variety of restaurants, use the golf cart, and maybe the bicycles. Also plan to look at homes. I contacted one of the clubs, but was told that only residents can attend their meeting/potluck.

Any of you have other things that we should plan to see or do? We'll be there for 4 days and 5 nights. Would love ideas from current residents so we won't miss something fun or important. I was told we'll be staying near the Lake Sumter Square. Thanks for your ideas!!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

I would try to take in a show at the Savanah Center if possible!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Gold member

Trolley ride, bring your bathing suits and relax at one of the many pools. If your here April 18th catch the old car show at Spanish springs town square. Bowling, pickle ball and I'm sure others will give you more ideas.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Sage

watch this click here
Old 03-14-2015, 10:44 PM

If you do the lifestyle visit, you will be given guest passes to participate in any of the activities at the Rec. centers.

Most clubs welcome guests.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 AM
Gold member
Default These are usually private...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post
If you do the lifestyle visit, you will be given guest passes to participate in any of the activities at the Rec. centers.

Most clubs welcome guests.
groups that meet and have potluck suppers...guest passes will not get you into them.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
groups that meet and have potluck suppers...guest passes will not get you into them.
But if you want to visit the Ohio club, be OUR guest. Be sure and stop by our house if you have time.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Gold member

Ride around with a Realtor and buy a house... they will be more expensive next time.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:16 AM

Eat lunch outside at the Arnold Palmer Country Club. Visit the Eisenhower rec center to see the decor.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
But if you want to visit the Ohio club, be OUR guest. Be sure and stop by our house if you have time.
It was the Buckeye club that I contacted, but they said their Apr. 22 meeting was private. Is the Ohio club different? I'd love to meet other Ohioans, esp you guys! We arrive on Apr. 21 and leave on the 26th. Let me know.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:44 AM

These are great suggestions - thanks so much. Anymore??
Old 03-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Golf Cart everywhere that is feasible. Rather than run around to see everything, pick a few relaxing activities. Eating outside at the country clubs is one of my favorite things to do. We go to Publix in the cart and pick up egg salad and croissants, and then have a picnic at one of the pools or rec centers.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-Bucks! View Post
My daughter and I will be visiting TV in about 5 weeks and want to be sure we see/do activities that will give me a good sampling of what's available for my retirement years.

Neither of us golf, but I'd like to take it up again if I move there. We plan to go to a movie, go to the town squares in the evening, visit the rec centers, shop, eat at a variety of restaurants, use the golf cart, and maybe the bicycles. Also plan to look at homes. I contacted one of the clubs, but was told that only residents can attend their meeting/potluck.

Any of you have other things that we should plan to see or do? We'll be there for 4 days and 5 nights. Would love ideas from current residents so we won't miss something fun or important. I was told we'll be staying near the Lake Sumter Square. Thanks for your ideas!!
Bring 28 hour day
Old 03-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Honestly, I'd skip the golf cart. You're not going to be here long, it is easy to get lost in a cart here, the cart that come with the lifestyle visits are exceedingly slow. Use the cart in your neighborhood and maybe to go to a square if you're nearby. Otherwise, take your car.

Definitely take a trolley ride. At a minimum, visit Eisenhower Rec Center. Talk to lots of people -- at the squares, in restaurants, anywhere and everywhere. Most importantly, have fun. (As to the clubs, you may have to join -- normally, a $5.00 annual fee -- but you should be able to participate.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-15-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post

Well, the clubs I belong to certainly don't mind guest.

Guests can bring a pot-luck dish too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.