What wine to bring to celebrate?

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Try ABC Fine Wine and Spirits. One is on 466a, the other on 27/441. The selection is out of this world, and they carry the Artemis (Stag's Leap). As far as the poster commenting on a limited selection down this way, perhaps he/she has never tried ABC.
Yes, this poster has tried ABC .. Different strokes for different folks
Old 05-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhaman View Post
Thanks for the recommendations, I may try the Stag's if I can find it. I plan to bring a few bottles, but we are bringing all of our "stuff", so it will be limited to a couple bottles. Some good Wisconsin cheese will be coming with for sure!

We can hardly stand to wait any longer to get there. Feeling like little kids before Christmas.
Congrats on the move. If you have not bought wine to transport don’t. There are many places near TV to purchase excellent wine. Or online companies that ship with good prices. Good wine does not travel well if not properly stored, against changing temps, and mode of transport.

Those in TV that had good size wine cellars,, at their last home, including us have used a transport company that moves wine.

The Wine Cellar in Winter Park, has any wine you can think of, plus has 100 plus wines to try by the ounce before you buy. It’s hard to give you any example of a wine to someone else without knowing some background. We have multiple sommelier here, and several wine clubs in TV.

Stags, Silver Oak, Cakebread are all excellent middle of the road wine. Pairing them with the perfect food adds to the experience.

Last edited by asianthree; 05-16-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

My wife and I have bought a house in Desoto and will be coming for the first time June 3. We are very excited to make this house a home! I need suggestions on a bottle of wine to bring with to celebrate our new home. Red, please. Maybe you know a great Cabernet Sauvignon or a delightful Pinot Noir?
Quite a range from a Cab to a Pinot Noir! Try Seghesio, Zinfandel (2015). It's not quite as bold as a Cabernet and more flavorful than the PN. I haven't found it in TV yet, but saw a post recommending ABC's on 446A and will check there. (We've been here about 4 weeks and not in our house just yet). Or perhaps a very nice champagne or sparkling wine (brut). We're saving a bottle for our closing!
Old 05-17-2019, 09:33 AM

Yes, a big difference between Cab and Pinot Noir. I prefer the Cab and my wife the Pinot, so we go both ways. ........ I suppose there is a Loffa color I should hang on my door for that. LOL

I do have too much wine right now, but we are snowbirds for the present and I plan to keep most of what I have in Wisconsin. Problem is I had a wine cooler in the basement of my home I sold, and the place we kept does not have a basement. Now I need to figure out what to do with a bunch of wine I do not want to get too warm or too cold. I could have worst problems.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Yes, a big difference between Cab and Pinot Noir. I prefer the Cab and my wife the Pinot, so we go both ways. ........ I suppose there is a Loffa color I should hang on my door for that. LOL

I do have too much wine right now, but we are snowbirds for the present and I plan to keep most of what I have in Wisconsin. Problem is I had a wine cooler in the basement of my home I sold, and the place we kept does not have a basement. Now I need to figure out what to do with a bunch of wine I do not want to get too warm or too cold. I could have worst problems.

Check with companies that transport wine, it’s not that expensive compared to the thousands of dollars of investment. There are containers you can use in your car that is temp controlled, but not much will make the trip.

If you don’t want to bring down all at once you will find controlled temp storage for wine at a very reasonable price.

There are many of us that had a cellar in their basement with hundreds of bottles. Moving here we will be making changes, my office may be glassed off and made into a true wine cellar that would store about 500 without a tasting table, or 250 with. It would be impressive, but I am going to miss my office.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Nice collection .. I'm trying to figure out how to save just a few bottles of Brunello 1997 and 1999 that have been kept at 57 for the duration .. might have to decant and guzzle .. ugh
Old 05-18-2019, 07:34 PM

I want to thank everyone for their insight as where to get some locally available good middle-of-the-road reds that drink well.

We will soon be moving to TV and will not be able to bring any of our existing stocks with us (we have a lot of work ahead of us in that area LOL ).

Our new house there has a large wine cooler that may be rather daunting to fill .. ... for my wallet.

I just hope I can find this thread again when I need it...
Closed Thread

Tags
home, house, celebrate, bring, wine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.