When to book Lifestyle Visit?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Default When to book Lifestyle Visit?

How far ahead do people recommend booking a Lifestyle Visit? We are planning to come down at the end of April/beginning of May. When do you suggest I contact TV to book this? THANKS!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

You can never book too early. So Now
Old 07-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

If your schedule allows....I recommend you come in Feb/Mar time frame. That will allow you to experience TV at it's busiest and decide if it's for you. We love it here but it is already busy and getting much bigger. With all the new homes going up the population will tax the commercial facilities until new businesses build around the turnpike area (think years).

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-22-2019, 03:41 PM
Location: Current: Daphne, [Sweet Home] Alabama - Me: Native Floridian - Her: Jersey Girl

We tried booking over a month in advance for the 3rd week/weekend in July that just passed and that was not enough time. We still came down for 5 days, stayed locally within TV and had time to review over 20 homes in 3 different retirement communities TV, Ocala’s On Top Of The World and Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach. We definitely will plan a second trip to TV during the busy season, just about everyone we spoke to in TV that wasn't associated with the developer or a realtor company mentioned we should experience the "busy season" before deciding to purchase. This info spooked the wife a bit, she currently is not in agreement on a move to TV when we retire.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_laurie View Post
We tried booking over a month in advance for the 3rd week/weekend in July that just passed and that was not enough time. We still came down for 5 days, stayed locally within TV and had time to review over 20 homes in 3 different retirement communities TV, Ocala’s On Top Of The World and Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach. We definitely will plan a second trip to TV during the busy season, just about everyone we spoke to in TV that wasn't associated with the developer or a realtor company mentioned we should experience the "busy season" before deciding to purchase. This info spooked the wife a bit, she currently is not in agreement on a move to TV when we retire.
I personally think March and April are great months to do a Lifestyle visit. The pace isn't as "electric" as it is when seasonal residents first show up for the winter. The weather is still reasonable, nights are still cool, and many of the snowbirds have already returned north.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
We still came down for 5 days, stayed locally within TV and had time to review over 20 homes in 3 different retirement communities TV, Ocala’s On Top Of The World and Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach. hase.
We owned a home in Ocala’s On Top of the World, very nice place but if you’re looking for a more active life style The Villages is the place. As much as we liked OTOW, the Villages has so much more to do.

P.S. Your dollar will go further in purchasing a home in OTOW.

Last edited by B-flat; 07-22-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
We still came down for 5 days, stayed locally within TV and had time to review over 20 homes in 3 different retirement communities TV, Ocala’s On Top Of The World and Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach.
We are planning on visiting these same locations. How did you like each location? We are also going to look in a Del Webb facility near Sarasota. I fully expect we will end up in The Villages!
Old 07-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
If your schedule allows....I recommend you come in Feb/Mar time frame. That will allow you to experience TV at it's busiest and decide if it's for you. We love it here but it is already busy and getting much bigger. With all the new homes going up the population will tax the commercial facilities until new businesses build around the turnpike area (think years).
That’s when husband and I came down, we bought on day 4 but I’ve been in TV with my relatives many times before, he has not. So I wanted to see if he was ok with the place.

It was busy and he grumbled about it but we bought right in the middle of the busiest area and there was always less than 6 people at the pool when we went.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

now
Old 07-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

We booked 8 months in advance..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, lifestyle, book, april/beginning, end

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.