Where do you look?

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Default Where do you look?

I will be moving to TV shortly from Citrus County and would like to know where the residents look for services. I wish to advertise my business in the most effective medium possible. Any imput would be welcome. The advice the forum gave me on my lifestyle visit was great. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Sage

I'd say you're already there. TOTV is the best!!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Default Advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed 1092 View Post
I will be moving to TV shortly from Citrus County and would like to know where the residents look for services. I wish to advertise my business in the most effective medium possible. Any imput would be welcome. The advice the forum gave me on my lifestyle visit was great. Thanks.
See advertising information in the forum for Advertise here and have 28,000 page views per day, under Advertiser Mall
Old 03-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Amity is right.

What kind of business do you have so we can look for you on here.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Sage

Lots of business/services ads in The Daily Sun. Probably a somewhat expensive route to go but the paper has good readership.

Bill
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Sorry if I'm costing TOTV advertising revenue, but, the best way to advertise would be to drive around in your golf cart handing out free beverages.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It really depends on what I'm looking for. I really prefer to go by word of mouth and reputation. I've never gone by ads without referrals backing them up. The quickest way to turn me off is to put a flyer on my door -- not only are you invading my territory, you're breaking TV rules on soliciting. I have found TOTV advertisers to be pretty good, so I don't hesitate to use them (unless there's been a thread saying someone did a bad job).

However, there are some steps I take for certain types of jobs. For lawn people, I check out lawns and try to catch the guys doing the work, ask 'em some questions and then add them to my list. Ditto landscapers. For handymen types, I ask for referrals.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Founder

Some of our advertisers tell us that as much as 75% of their business comes from Talk of The Villages. There is a long list of area merchants here who have found that Talk of The Villages members are very supportive. Several of our premier ads have been on for years. In fact, it is those very advertisers that keep this forum up and running.

We thank those members who suggest that this is a good advertising site. It is not only good for us, it's good for you as well. It's been said before, without our wonderful advertisers, there would be no Talk of The Villages. Many other forums of this type charge for membership. We offer free membership and are supported by the advertisers.

There are only a handful of ways to reach thousands of Villages residents, this is one of the best. Directing advertisers to this site, rather than away from it, assures that you will have free access to Talk of The Villages for a long time to come.

Word of mouth comes only after initial advertising and then providing competent and professional services.

Talk of The Villages is so desirable and effective that every single day, we have no less than 5 businesses try to sneak on and vend their products without paying. We have members who, rather than paying, have run their businesses for years in the shadows using our private message service without paying a penny (The same as shoplifting) . (It's hard to control, since we have no access to Private Messages. We rely only on those responsible members who forward the infractions to us)

Driving around in your golf cart telling people about your service is great, but if you are in business, do you have time to do that? (only if you have no business) Besides, soliciting in the Villages is a covenant violation.

The Daily Sun reaches lots of people, but is very, very, very expensive in comparison to Talk of The Villages. Our ads are viewed over 200 times for about 2 cents. Our ads are visible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 29,500 times per day, nearly 1,000,000 times per month.

Thanks to the members who recommend Talk of The Villages. You are right on the mark.

JLK
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Sage

I agree. Advertise on TOTV. I prefer to trade with excellent merchants/ vendors who advertise here.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Wow. Thank you all for your advise. You're unique perspective is invaluable. I'm convinced that an add on TOTV would be worthwhile. When you see the add for Piano Tuning & Repairs-30 yrs experience, that will be me (thanks for asking Gracie).Again thanks for your input, I am looking forward to living and working in The Villages.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Daily Sun for sure,

TOTV is likely a good value, but in the big scope, the broader audience is the newspaper
Old 07-21-2012, 02:58 AM

Not trying to put a damper on things but I thought running a buisness in your home was against the rules there....
Old 07-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Sage

It's only against the rules if clients go to your home, or if you store inventory at home.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Sage

I have used several advertisers from this site with great results. Also, when I need a service that is not advertised on this site, I still go to other members of TOTV for direction. Folks on this site are quick to complement a deserving service provider and they are also quick to warn of scams and less than desirable contractors. When you are on TOTV, you are talking to people that are close in age and background to yourself and for me, that is a big plus. You have no idea what your getting into from newspaper adds or the Yellow pages.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
It's only against the rules if clients go to your home, or if you store inventory at home.
Absolutely correct, you can have an office in your home for any purpose.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.