Who else should I meet with when I come down to look for a home.

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Just be aware . . . the Villages' agent will push to show and sell you new construction.

Villages agents are NOT Realtors and cannot show you anything other than what the Villages have for sale.
They cannot cooperate (show properties) listed with MLS brokers (which is what Ira Miller is) because they are not members of the local Assn. of Realtors or the National Assn. of Realtors.
They do not have to abide by the NAR's Code of Ethics.
That is a bunch of political BS.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,244 Times in 4,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
Sorry to tell you but i just went through buying a new house from a Village Realtor. We had to put 10% down and close within 30 days or would be penalized. I have the paperwork to prove it.
It must have been a spec home already constructed...

That is completely different from what I was talking about...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-04-2022, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

///

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 01-04-2022 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 01-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Just be aware . . . the Villages' agent will push to show and sell you new construction.

Villages agents are NOT Realtors and cannot show you anything other than what the Villages have for sale.
They cannot cooperate (show properties) listed with MLS brokers (which is what Ira Miller is) because they are not members of the local Assn. of Realtors or the National Assn. of Realtors.
They do not have to abide by the NAR's Code of Ethics.
All true.

The first Villages agent I used after numerous requests evaded showing me a single solitary resale home. Not one!

My take on it is they are motivated, cajoled, instructed, whatever, to push NEW as that is where the developer makes the big bucks, on sales of NEW homes.

That is why I switched Villages agents.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-04-2022, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,244 Times in 4,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
All true.

The first Villages agent I used after numerous requests evaded showing me a single solitary resale home. Not one!

My take on it is they are motivated, cajoled, instructed, whatever, to push NEW as that is where the developer makes the big bucks, on sales of NEW homes.

That is why I switched Villages agents.
Interesting. Once we visited the new model homes and toured the various areas (South of 44) and decided we wanted to be between 466A and 44, our agent (recommended by two friends) never mentioned the new areas again... It was all about making US happy...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-05-2022, 12:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
I'm coming down from Minnesota the second week of January to look for a winter home. I have a meeting set up with Ira Miller, the real estate guy and with a representative from the villages for new homes, anyone else you would suggest I meet with while I am down here? Tks in advance.
This was a much better question than I realized it the first time I read it. Just be carefull and put your emotions on hold and be sure you read all the documents including the "HOA" rules.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
Sorry to tell you but i just went through buying a new house from a Village Realtor. We had to put 10% down and close within 30 days or would be penalized. I have the paperwork to prove it.

The specific difference is most likely:
Prebuilt is the daddymac scenario
Custom built is the JMintzer scenario, which is the purchase of the land downpayment, and a future close date when the house is reasonably expected to be completed.

I would add that the OP download the Villages GPS app to his/her smart phone, so that they have directions home
Old 01-06-2022, 07:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Take a golf cart ride everywhere you can. So many great areas to choose from. Oh, go ahead and order your new golf cart now!
Old 01-14-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
Take all three trolley tours. You’ll learn a lot.
I don't think they are running for visitors/guests. I was told a few weeks ago they were being used occasionally to bring sales agents to meetings, etc.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM

I would highly recommend a lifestyle visit. We came down on our own first and tried to look around, but it was both overwhelming and we didn't have access to a lot of things. We came back again and did a lifestyle visit. We were able to get into the rec centers (was stopped numerous times the first time), pools, had a golf cart to use, participated in some activities, etc.

To us, the difference was seeing a neighborhood and being part of a neighborhood. It really helped us solidify our decision on what part of the villages and which village.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:55 PM

BE AWARE!!! The Villages sales team only shows houses listed by them. You actually need an outside the villages sales agent & a villages sales agent!! Reach out to me, I have two great real estate agents who I swear by.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, meet, villages, representative, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.