Closing date

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Smile Closing date

Hi from Ohio. Finally our house is on the market here. We hope to be there full time soon. We plan on buying one of the model homes in Sanibel. We were told from our realtor in TV's that it takes 30 days to close. Has anyone been able to close on a finished model in less than 30 days? I would very much appreciate it if someone could respond. This is my second time posting and I would love to know if I'm doing this right.

Marsha &
Richard
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Sage

To answer a part of your post.................Yes, you are doing it right!!!

Welcome to TOTV!!

Bill
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mko7152 View Post
Hi from Ohio. Finally our house is on the market here. We hope to be there full time soon. We plan on buying one of the model homes in Sanibel. We were told from our realtor in TV's that it takes 30 days to close. Has anyone been able to close on a finished model in less than 30 days? I would very much appreciate it if someone could respond. This is my second time posting and I would love to know if I'm doing this right.

Marsha &
Richard
Welcome fellow Buckeye! ....your posting is fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin Oh wait that was a long time ago. Yes people are buying cash on Sat. and closing on Wed. What part of Ohio
Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin Oh wait that was a long time ago. Yes people are buying cash on Sat. and closing on Wed. What part of Ohio
Oh my, don't joke me about Kent State, my brother was right in the middle of that mess....

I'm from the Wooster area....
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Smile Closing Date

Thanks DDoug for your response. Our realtor there is not being very cooperative and said it can't be done less than 30 days, which did not make any sense. I was beginning to think I was asking too personal a question.

We are from Hudson, OH. My street dead ends into Kent. Hudson is between Cleveland and Akron.

We spent the month of Sept. there last year and fell in love and can't wait to get back!

Marsha
Richard
& Coco
Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks DDoug for your response. Our realtor there is not being very cooperative and said it can't be done less than 30 days, which did not make any sense. I was beginning to think I was asking too personal a question.

We are from Hudson, OH. My street dead ends into Kent. Hudson is between Cleveland and Akron.

We spent the month of Sept. there last year and fell in love and can't wait to get back!

Marsha
Richard
& Coco
Great,...hurry down!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Sage
Cool

Quote:

Marsha
Richard
& Coco
The next time your sales person is not very cooperative, ask to speak to his/her supervisor. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, call and ask for Jennifer Parr. I'm just guessing that something can be worked out. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:14 PM

We closed in 10 days back in December, 2010. We paid cash. Ask for Ron Delk and he'll help arrange it for you. He did it for us.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Marsha
Richard
& Coco
If this is a spec home, a new build, and your Villages rep told you it would take 30 days, then it will. This is a far different place to buy a home than back in Ohio. Even with cash. It is sometimes very hard to believe!

They have home closings scheduled weeks out.

I forgot to say welcome and you will love it. I forgot my manners!

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-14-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
To answer a part of your post.................Yes, you are doing it right!!!

Welcome to TOTV!!

Bill
Hi Marsha and Richard and Coco. We are building and the whole thing is taking exactly 60 days since they broke ground so I think 30 days may be reasonable. They are amazing!! By the way we move into our house on the corner of Kent Lane April 18. Stop and see us!!! Smiles,, MaryAnn and Joe Yarborough
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

I agree with Gracie. If they are saying that it will take 30 days to close, it’s probably because they have that many closings lined up in front of you. I’m not doubting that others may have been able to close in fewer days, but it probably depends on the time of year and amount of homes sold in any given month. In my case, I wanted to close in something like 24 days, but wasn’t able to, simply because there just wasn’t a closing appointment available in their schedule. They were able to get me closed in 28 days, but that was as quick as they could make it happen.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Default Closing Date

Thanks everyone for your comments. They were helpful. Can't wait to get there and meet everyone.

Marsha
Richard
& Coco
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

My wife works at the mortgage company and on (cash sales ) watches quick closings every day. From Cleveland originally and as they say Cleveland is a great place to be from. Wooster use to deliver to Rubber Made. produced the yellow plate that was given away by Mainstay dog food. about 30 years ago
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
My wife works at the mortgage company and on (cash sales ) watches quick closings every day. From Cleveland originally and as they say Cleveland is a great place to be from. Wooster use to deliver to Rubber Made. produced the yellow plate that was given away by Mainstay dog food. about 30 years ago
I used to live about 2 miles from that Rubbermaid plant,....it was a sad, sad time for the Wooster area and their workers when they moved out of there.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.