Would like to visit TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Default Would like to visit TV?

I have a home in Florida but I am considering TV, I would like to stay a few days and see if TV is a good fit for me. What recommendations would you suggest for accommodations etc. I want to tour some homes with a Realtor also. I know I want a golf cart to tour the facilities. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2014, 06:47 AM

I suggest you look for a rental direct from an owner that includes the cart. This time of year you should be able to negotiate a short term rental. If you wait until prime season you would only find 2-3 month rentals. The owner can arrange for you to be a temporary resident during your stay. That costs $50 for two people. You will need two agents to look at houses. For MLS listed houses contact ERA Grizzard for an agent; I recommend Scott Hubbard. For Villages listed houses just show up at open houses until you find an agent you like. Be sure to subscribe to the Villages Daily News to keep on top of what's happening.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Another option would be to take a Lifestyle Preview offered by The Villages. They'll put you up in fully furnished home for up to six days with a golf cart and bicycles. The cost is somewhere around $100/day.
Go to The Villages website and there you'll find information on taking a visit.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

For just a few days, I would think you could call The Villages and get in on the Preview Program. I'm not really sure to what extent they are still doing that, but it's worth a call. They put you up in a nice home/villa for a nominal fee, you get to meet with a sales associate (I highly suggest Colleen Wotring 352-267-2064, or 1-800-346-4556), take the tour trolley of The Villages, and get guest passes and some perks while you visit! I'd start there, for a nice, friendly (not pushy) overview and visit.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Retirement Hometown - New Home Sales, Home Resales, Build Your Dream Home, Brownwood Paddock Square
Old 10-04-2014, 10:51 AM

We took advantage of the lifestyle preview last year and glad we did! After one year we are permanent residents and loving it!
Old 11-02-2014, 11:11 AM

We do short term rentals of our home in The Village of St. Charles as we frequently visit our children in the New Orleans area. Golf cart rentals are available through a rental service for 20.00 per day. Our rate is 75.00 per day for the house. We will provide you with a guest pass for the time you are here. Please respond for availability. The Villages is an amazing place. Hope to hear from you. Daryl & Gloria
Old 11-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Eternal Member

My son, Michael Simpson, works for the Villages Reality specializing in re sales here. He really an awesome guy !! He's been working here for many years.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post
I have a home in Florida but I am considering TV, I would like to stay a few days and see if TV is a good fit for me. What recommendations would you suggest for accommodations etc. I want to tour some homes with a Realtor also. I know I want a golf cart to tour the facilities. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
A lifestyle visit is your best option but the golf cart that comes with it, is very slow.

Take the trolley tour and buy yourself a map. The $5 is well worth it. The map will give you a good idea of how big TV is and the relative distance, to the squares.

Most people want to be near shopping, doctors, rec centers and golf courses rather than be a closer to the squares as after a while, you don't go as frequently. The is no such thing as a bad area to buy in.

Have a great visit!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Lifestyle visit hands down. You get a villa, a cart, bikes, a temp
resident id, free movie, & golf. then you just climb in your golf cart and be a villager!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Another option would be to take a Lifestyle Preview offered by The Villages. They'll put you up in fully furnished home for up to six days with a golf cart and bicycles. The cost is somewhere around $100/day.
Go to The Villages website and there you'll find information on taking a visit.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Sage

Whether you decide to do a rental from private owner or do a Lifestyle Preview visit through The Villages sales office (I have done both and enjoyed both), when you go to the Squares (Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter Landing and Brownwood) or go to a restaurant or a store, don't hesitate to ask Villagers questions about living in The Villages. Most Villagers are happy to tell you both the pluses and minuses of living in The Villages. And most Villagers will tell you the pluses outweigh the minuses.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.