Would you recommend The Villages for me?

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2019, 09:26 PM

This is going to sound harsh.
I love dogs. I've always had a dog. It's beyond me though, why anyone would want to wrangle 2 dogs or more every day in a retirement community. Multiple leashes, and loads of poop to pick up several times a day. They need to be attended when you travel, even on a day trip. One dog, maybe $25. Two dogs, $50... three dogs, faghetaboutit. What about vacations? Yes, they are man's best friend, but in retirement they can tie you down. Vaccinations, worming, heartworm meds, etc. for one dog is expensive. For two dogs, double! Three dogs... whew! And, what about congenital problems, hip dysplasia, kidney or liver trouble? And you get to take them to the kind folks at the local animal hospitals. They are wonderful companions, but if youre moving to Florida for the Florida lifestyle, dogs can hold you back.
As for the radio in the driveway... they make earbuds for music, please consider using them (the sound is better anyway). And many folks are irritated by cigar smoke. Smoking outside might make someone else's lanai unusable while you're smoking. You may be the nicest guy in the world, but you might be happier in a larger, less controlled environment than the Villages.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Other people's music and smoke are extremely inconsiderate..No way to avoid it.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Default 2 dog limit

Get a courtyard Villa and keep the music down. If your talking about cranking up the tunes you may have a complaint from a neighbor.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Get a premium lot corner courtyard villa! Smoke all the cigars and drink all the Bud you like and it won’t bother a soul!
Old 03-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyGirl View Post
Get a premium lot corner courtyard villa! Smoke all the cigars and drink all the Bud you like and it won’t bother a soul!
That will only be the case if you never smoke outside.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills View Post
We are considering moving to Florida very soon. We have visited there for many years. The Village's was at the top of our list for our retirement location. We have stayed there 3 times over the last 2 years.

Among many things, I enjoy washing/polishing my cars while listening to music, smoking cigars in the yard with a few buds and I have several dogs. I believe in live and let live.

I've been following forums, news and comments sections about The Villages. I notice quite often people complaining about their neighbors. Unapproved pavers behind fences, not visible to the street so someone had to look over a fence line. Stickers on mailboxes, gnomes on yards, 2 many dogs, etc.

I have a military and police background so I respect rules and laws. However, it seems to me, you must conform to The Villages or you will be hounded by anonymous neighbors, it sounds scary.

Are things exaggerated on the forums and news commentaries? I would love to hear opinions/remarks about your experiences.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Fred & Sonia
Come on down to TV. We need a wider variety of people who have a different mind set. I welcome all kinds of people to our friendly community. If we were all the same how boring would that be! Can't wait to meetcha! Peace out, dude!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, news, forums, things, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.