Would you recommend The Villages for me?

Would you recommend The Villages for me?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
In reply to your post. Cigars, working on cars with friends while playing the radio.

From your post, you realize that you will have issues with your neighbors and I expect you know better than people reading your inquiry.
Well.... at least one neighbor..(not me).. anyway.
Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 02-10-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage

Old 02-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I always play my radio in the garage, have two speakers mounted in the ceiling, when I'm in the driveway working on my car. Most of the time when I'm out there, other neighbors stop by to talk and I don't get any work done.
Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about me
Steve
Old 02-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Location: Currently Atlanta GA - Formerly Endicott and Syracuse NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
In reply to your post. Cigars, working on cars with friends while playing the radio.

TRUTH-I hope you will not be moving in. This place is sort of like apartment living. People close together. Realize, your playing a radio while ?????? the sound does not stop at your property line.

From your post, you realize that you will have issues with your neighbors and I expect you know better than people reading your inquiry.
I hope this was made in jest .. Else .. Get thee to a nunnery .. It is a free country after all, and if you want to wash your car and listen to some music, have at it. If the wind is blowing the wrong way and your cigar exhaust wafts toward the complainer, too bad .. I don;t smoke, never had, but be happy to have a "Bud" with you at one of the very many friendly bars around town.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:37 PM

I have had old hotrod cars and motorcycles. I have always worked, cleaned, and messed around with them in the driveway and garage with a radio going. I have never had a problem with neighbors complaining. We have lived in two different areas of The Villages. The biggest problem has always been neighbors coming over to watch and talk so you have a hard time getting anything done I would not worry.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage

Old 02-10-2019, 12:59 PM

It's still a beautiful place, we have dairy farms across the street.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2019, 01:09 PM

Thanks to everyone, great responses, we have always enjoyed our times there.

The responses have been reassuring.

Thanks,
Fred
Old 02-10-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills View Post
Oh yeah, bad neighbors can be anywhere. We have been very lucky for the past 17 years in Fauquier County. 6 1/2 wooded acres made for easy going times with the few neighbors we had.
Thanks
If you truly enjoyed living on 6.5 wooded acres with very few neighbors then I'd bet The Villages is not for you. If you want a property here that offers some semblance of privacy from your neighbors, be prepared to spend above $650,000, or more preferably, above $1,000,000 for your new home. Perhaps this is not a problem for you.
Otherwise the rest of the homes here are packed together like sardines with very little privacy. TOTV Realtors say Villagers move 2-1/2 to 3 times within the Villages while they live here. After almost 5 years here, I'm guessing 50% of those moves are for a larger or smaller homes and 50% are because of privacy issues or neighbor problems. No matter where you live here, my guess is your stated preference on driveway activities will be acceptable to some of your neighbors but will be detested by most of them.
You don't mention whether you and you wife like to golf. If you do, and you don't mind playing mostly 9 hole executive courses, then I can recommend this place as Heaven on Earth. If you don't like to golf, then I see no reason to live in The Villages. There are several 55+ communities nearby where you can get better lots and more house for the same money. Also, I'd suggest you get a good local Realtor because I've seen a lot of reasonably priced and really nice homes on 1-1/2 to 2 acres in semi-wooded settings in nearby locations.
Good luck to you with your move to Florida.

Tags
villages, news, forums, things, dogs