Hurricane Matthew Recovery - UPDATED 10/10/2016

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Default Hurricane Matthew Recovery - UPDATED 10/10/2016

The cleanup recovery after Hurricane Matthew is now substantially complete. While all recreation facilities have resumed their normal operating schedule, we are still working on putting the windscreens back on the outdoor court areas. We anticipate all screens being back in place by the end of this week. We appreciate your patience while this work is complete. All gate arms have been placed back on the gates and they are functioning normally. The cleanup at the downtown square areas is also complete. If you see any areas that may need attention, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.

More...
Old 10-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Can anyone tell me if there was flooding in The Villages during/after hurricane Matthew? I am going to buy a home there, and am wondering about the efficiency of water drainage during heavy rains. Thank you.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Platinum member

Molly,

No flooding ever
Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

On a general point - does anyone ever remember a major storm as Matthew - take off from the Caribbean and travel almost from the southern tip of FL and slowly meander (menacingly) north and northeast right along the USA coast ALL THE WAY UP to SE Canada where it is right now?

Apparently the only time the eye ran aground was in NC, other than that it mainly rode about 20 miles east. Truly amazing - churning slowly and continually feeding off the warm ocean waters.

Tags
complete, areas, back, matthew, cleanup

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.