thanks ... this is great
Old 04-01-2020, 05:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarwen3 View Post
thanks ... this is great
Actually, it's pretty sad.

There is one group that seems to be ignoring all warnings, continuing to gather in large groups, not practicing social distancing, and watching the sunset together. They are called idiots and worse by the other group.

The other group are a bunch of paranoid chicken littles that are afraid to climb out from under their bed, and think everyone should do the same because they do. The first group calls them idiots and worse.

As usual , the truth lies somewhere in between. But you don't have to figure it out for yourself, there are explicit recommendations in place

Meanwhile, it has been quite entertaining on TOTV. Meanwhile outside the bubble, people are DYING, so don't be too complacent for too long.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:42 AM

I think the message here is ... you can still do things to keep you active and healthy, as long as you can keep your distance and do it in a way that doesn't expose you ( or others ) to a risk of viral transmission. Walking, jogging, bike riding and golfing can be done alone or with a partner and still be isolated. We golfed yesterday and were not within 50 yards of anyone else (other than an obstinate goose). When we take our walks, we cross the street or wait until others pass by in order to keep a healthy distance. I hate having to do it , but we wave and chat briefly with the entire road between us.
I see others congregate and they are within 5 feet of each other and I want to scream ... I just give them a wide berth. I want to wear a shirt that says in BIG BIG letters ....
I HAVE LICE AND THEY JUMP 6 FEET

and in smaller letters ...

Not really but if you can read, this you're too damn close
Old 04-01-2020, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So, anyone who is following the ADVISORY, which explicitly states it's ok to go out for food, medical reasons, and outdoor activity including running and golfing, is "stupid, dumb, arrogant, self-centered, and entitled"????? Do the rest of us a favor and YOU stay the f..k at home
THANK YOU! too many newbs with attitude these days. i'm wondering how they all seem to show up @ the same time
Old 04-01-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
It's a stay at home advisory, not an order, That's according to that news source
Steve
I agree. It is an "advisory" not an order. Why in the first statement say it's in effect until April 30th, and then near the end, it says this Declaration will be in effect for 7 days???
Old 04-01-2020, 05:50 AM

We are all aware of what is happening. None of us have control over the government or people who just don't care. Keep in mind the politicians and those that don't care are concerned too. Political suicide can certainly be in their resume for politicians and unfortunately for people that don't care, well obviously enough said. I believe all of us were very successful in our lives that's why we live the lives we have now. We did this by taking charge being responsible and accountable. So let's work the problem and don't let the problem work us. We know when we were in business we had policies and procedures. These were the guidelines set out, based on the best information available.
We have needs and wants.
We need groceries.
We need medicines.
We need housekeeping supplies.
We want something to do.
We want to be with our friends.
We want projects to occupy our lives.

So follow the guidelines if we have needs or even wants, order on line, curb side pick up you don't have to go in the store pay on line. Stores like ace hardware in wildwood will load it right in your car. Drive up windows at Walgreens. Grocerie stores have many options. But us working the problem we are not putting employees at risk who can continue to keep us stocked up and we are not having to go take the risk of jeopardizing everyone. Taking charge is easy being accountable is a different story.
Thanks for reading.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:50 AM

He is “on it” and has made the right decision. If everyone would follow the guidelines, all will be good.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:04 AM

It's dumb...it says "it is hereby ordered" that we are advised to stay home. Which one is it? Weren't we already advised to stay at home by every governmental agency under the sun? So, what does it mean? Am I going to be cited for driving my cart around and not walking because that's not exercise?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 AM

Hard to understand why States like NH have everything shut down including golf till May 4but a state that has the third largest population has things still open and only an advisory.We’ll see how this turns out for Florida.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
Hard to understand why States like NH have everything shut down including golf till May 4but a state that has the third largest population has things still open and only an advisory.We’ll see how this turns out for Florida.
Maybe because the governor and the FDOH have a lot more information at their disposal than YOU do?

Maybe because all the Florida authorities have less intelligence and judgement than YOU do?

Maybe because DeSantis was elected to the state's highest office and YOU weren't.

One thing is true, we'll see how this turns out. I predict a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking in a few months, one way or the other.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:36 AM

I am in VA and businesses can still be open as long as no more than 10 people in there at a time. Home improvement stores all open and ANY store that sells any food. We are having beach gathering problems and lots of people on the fishing piers. Not strict enough here.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:47 AM
Default Service Calls

Really what a selfish act. well thats nothing new in the Villages since they are entitled.
Calling for service calls for an appliance because its making noise or getting a little frost in the refrigerator or lights not working, dishwasher not washing properly. Do you really want people in your home that have been to 10 other homes. No matter how much protection you are putting yourself and that service person at risk.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Agreed. If you read the declaration it says it is an advisory...meaning there are are no teeth attached to it. Still a good idea though and many of us have been doing that anyway so it doesn't change much for most of us.
How about the ones that are spreading it? The ones that congregate at the squares, the ones that gather in groups, the ones that believe it’s not true, the ones that are putting the rest of us at risk. It needs to be an order and the Governor needs to make that declaration state-wide.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
I don't understand all this nonsense that people don't know what "Stay at home, wash your hands, 6' distance when have to go out" means. Are you folks dumb or just want to die by suffocation from the pneumonia you'll get!?! Catch up on the stuff you need to, go thru your junk and throw it out, garden around your home, write memoirs for your grandchildren, learn another language online, order an instrument on line and then take music lessons online, sing in the street, go for a drive and just enjoy the sights and then go home without stopping anywhere, BUT MOST OF ALL, ISOLATE YOURSELF OR DIE. This is not tough, you're just stupid, dumb, arrogant, self-centered, think you're entitled, or compliant. Now go sing the song, "Stay the f...k at home."
exactly...what the heck is all this debate and blah, blah, blah questioning about

stay home!!!! unless you're going out for food or medical supplies/treatment

certainly glad I never had to share a fox hole with any of these idiots that just refuse to listen and think they know it all
Old 04-01-2020, 07:14 AM

Maybe the nonbelievers are in the know as to how many ventilators the Villages Hospital has. When it hits hard don’t think first responders are going to have the luxury of taking u to ur hospital of choice outside of the Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
county, household, include, sumter, supplies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.