12 killed in Paris by extreme Islamists.

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

It was terrorism. Trying to quantify or qualify what the magazine did or did not trigger is an exercise in opionating (word?).

What should be of concern is the reckless abandon pattern being demonstarted in different venues around the world in different ways. All with a common denominator of the killing of unsuspecting, defenseless innocents.

My biggest fear is when the home growns, that will look like the folks next door who will eventually do more of the Boston Marathon type killing. These folks home grown or the islamists who are committed to killing us all for what we beleive....will eventually try a school or church or mall or sporting event or theme park bombing. After which there will be a terror in the hearts and minds of us all and affect how we live or used to live. Once the comfort of safety has been shattered or destroyed, totally magnified by the media....our freedoms as we know them will be self limited by the fear.

All the pandering and ignoring or playing nice nice to not offend some is only another form of dilluted freedom.

We should be counting our lucky stars and saying a prayer daily that these radical, maniacal, COWARDLY killers have not done more here in the USA.....and I must add...yet! I do hope to be proven wrong.

Fear is so very easy to weaponize!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Tip toeing around religious extremists with a 7th century value system of life and death is going to lead to Western Civilization's decline. Please someone look at how Christian North Africa and the entire Levant was essentially erased. Back when history was still taught in the schools, did anyone come across Charles Martel? What about real and intellectually honest reasons for the Crusades? And on and on. Not 'politically correct' but true - as in honest.

Should we be "sensitive" to those religionists who are over sensitive, and may, because they are not as enlightened as us, shoot and kill at perpetrators of 'insult?' Isn't that dishonest? Isn't that truly cowardly? Acting or not acting because one is coming from some sort of 'practical standpoint' reflects a moral vacuum. When in Rome, do as the Romans…

The NY Times, like some others, has already started spreading the toxin about the murdered French journalist - he was always 'provoking,' implying of course he brought this upon himself. Let's all shoot him again. It's out of Lewis Carroll. Up is down. Wrong is right and the victim is the wrongdoer.

When I read some of the responses here I can only stand in awe of the great Winston Churchill and how he got through the appeasing, cowardly and morally vacant 1930's in Europe.

Thank God for all of us he existed and withstood the vile lies thrown at him.

Great thoughts above dbussone and beechie.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It does not follow though that these will be extremists. Islam does have the troubling history of the Jihad but reasonable leaders can change things.
I'm sorry. I thought you said that by 2015 the Muslim population will be higher then 50 per cent in Europe and FactCheck has the number below 10 per cent.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Native New Yorker
Default We Lose More Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
This is terrorism. Not many things worry me, but the possibility of another large terroristic act on US soil really scares me. And what is it where nearly everyday we hear of a high profile shooting (Ft. Bliss yesterday). What is happening to America?
people in America

Last edited by Native New Yorker; 01-15-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Americans struggle to abide by the First Amendment. We forget other nations have no such limitations. In Germany, Holland, France and other nations there is a minority who are very concerned about the growing presence in their countries Holland, Germany and France have formed political parties to push their anti-Islam agenda. This act is indeed terrorism. Be prepared because every country including ours will be hit by terrorist doing these sort f things drive bys, (i.e) drop a grenade in the middle of a crowd (ie)the quick hit and retreat attacks.

There are two instruments that have tightly permeated our educational and political institutions and that have been an assault on our First Amendment.

Alinsky tactics have been elevated to a science in these institution and along with such a Marxist invention political correctness.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
people in America due to gun violence than we do as a result of terrorism. Remember the movie theater in Colorado, and the Newtown massacre? Did you call for sensible gun restrictions after these tragedies?

There is gun violence and then there is extreme Islamic terrorism done by lone wolves.....maybe lone wolves...maybe influenced greatly by the big terrorists groups. To me, they aren't the same at all.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
people in America due to gun violence than we do as a result of terrorism. Remember the movie theater in Colorado, and the Newtown massacre? Did you call for sensible gun restrictions after these tragedies?
Sorry, but I think you are not only off topic but I seriously question your rationale for even making your post. And your lead sentence seems to be missing something.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Native New Yorker
Default There is no

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is gun violence and then there is extreme Islamic terrorism done be lone wolves. To me, they aren't the same at all.
difference.

Last edited by Native New Yorker; 01-15-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Native New Yorker

Just check the title of my post.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
difference. Innocent people die due to the misguided beliefs of deranged people.
So you are saying that the Boston Bombers and these three in Paris were all deranged/mentally ill..... and not following a religious philosophy, ie brainwashed?
Old 01-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just check the title of my post.
The title of your post is the title of this thread. Something is missing, and not just in your initial post - seriously. I can't see what you have described as the "title" of your post.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
difference. Innocent people die due to the misguided beliefs of deranged people.
And due to the misguided beliefs of people who cannot see, or don't care about, the impact of the present on the future.
Sage

So hard to keep track of quotes on here. They are shown from the wrong people most of the time and it becomes very confusing.
Sage

I agree with posts here regarding PC...it may have been based upon good intentions, but it has run amok. I agree that we must be at war with terrorism. Just because there is not a "country" declaring war on us does not me that war has not been declared. It has and we need to respond accordingly.

One thing that has been mentioned a few times though that I cannot agree with is that American citizens are somehow partially responsible. We have all sorts of craziness and disagreement in our country, but we are in no way responsible for the murderous, evil acts of the terrorists.

The terrorist that have killed and plan to keep killing are the only ones responsible for such incomprehensible acts.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Americans struggle to abide by the First Amendment. We forget other nations have no such limitations. In Germany, Holland, France and other nations there is a minority who are very concerned about the growing presence in their countries Holland, Germany and France have formed political parties to push their anti-Islam agenda. This act is indeed terrorism. Be prepared because every country including ours will be hit by terrorist doing these sort f things drive bys, (i.e) drop a grenade in the middle of a crowd (ie)the quick hit and retreat attacks.

There are two instruments that have tightly permeated our educational and political institutions and that have been an assault on our First Amendment.

Alinsky tactics have been elevated to a science in these institution and along with such a Marxist invention political correctness.
Thanks for opening this aspect of the discussion, although I'm concerned about the thread going political.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.