12 killed in Paris by extreme Islamists.

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
No-go area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to see more links to objective information about no go zones. Nothing with FOX or far right connections.
Or MSNBC or far left connections too
Old 01-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Or MSNBC or far left connections too
I do try to get news from a number of sources as many seem extremely biased and basically just putting on news that their viewers like to hear and ignoring the rest.

FOX has been better of late but is far from being far and balanced. Same goes with MSNBC. Two sides of the same coin.

As far as current and reliable information goes the majority cannot control facts.

Back to no go zones. I would just like to find articles that show facts about these zones without much spin from news commentators going for ratings. So much news now seems to be entertainment rather than news.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
There have been attempts to do somewhat of what you say. Quickly check the failure rate in schools just in the state of Florida. You will find that one of the biggest reasons for the rate is language difficulties, yet any proposal to insist on English is met with resistance and WE put everyone on a guilt trip because we are picking on poor immigrants. I am speaking of second and third generation immigrants.

Our law says you must learn english to become a citizen.....how is that working do you think ?
As a teacher in small south Jersey I can tell you that families arrived in our district from Turkey and Portugal not speaking English 30 years ago. The ESL teachers work with these students and did the best they can to bring them up to speed. They met with their parents and the kids translated. The Turkish families applied to one of their organizations to send the HS ESL teacher and her husband to vacation in Turkey. I learned a 3 Turkish phrases to teach electronics when the first kids arrived, "What's happening?", "Please don't do that", and "Is it broken?." I'm sure my pronunciation was terrible at the very best but the kids knew I cared and they made remarkable progress in four years. Kids assimilate quickly.

It worked where I lived. I don't know if it's working now where I lived.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
There are quite a few links about this in this thread and I suggest you read them.

However, let me give you an example that you probably watched on television.

FERGUSON MO.....gross violations of law...destruction of a city while we watched.

Sort of a NO GO
Does this definition work for you?
no-go area
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a district in a town that is barricaded off, usually by a paramilitary organization, within which the police, army, etc, can only enter by force
2. an area that is barred to certain individuals, groups, etc
Old 01-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Does this definition work for you?
no-go area
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a district in a town that is barricaded off, usually by a paramilitary organization, within which the police, army, etc, can only enter by force
I do not want to be rude nor do I want to ignore you, but if you google no go zones, you will find lots of articles referring to France, Sweden, etc.

Also, recognize that NO GO ZONES are either racial or religious or ethnic and they are not some strict defined item as you are attempting to make it.

They become because either the government, such as in France or Sweden has ceded them, or just because of the "rule of the day" for want of a better term. Police are stoned, shot at and killed when they enter and attempts to clean these areas up are considered "inhumane" or some other guilt induced term.

As another poster alluded to, years ago in Jersey, there were places the police would just no go......they exist today in the good old USA. And I used Ferguson as a recent and televised example. What would you call Ferguson for about 2 weeks. NO LAW.... NO ENFORCEMENT......imagine that going on forever and that happens in this country and in Europe for the Muslims.

Go to Miami and tell me that there are not unofficial NO GO ZONES
Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Zone urbaine sensible

This is interesting. It is in French but look at the dates. The problem in France seems to go back to at least 1996. http://legifrance.gouv.fr/affichText...tion=rechTexte
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

There are 10 requirements to become a citizen of the US.....I offer you the last 5 of those for simple consideration...

"Be a person of good moral character.

Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.

Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.

Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).

Take an oath of allegiance to the United States.

Learn About Naturalization | USCIS
Old 01-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
I do not want to be rude nor do I want to ignore you, but if you google no go zones, you will find lots of articles referring to France, Sweden, etc.

Also, recognize that NO GO ZONES are either racial or religious or ethnic and they are not some strict defined item as you are attempting to make it.

They become because either the government, such as in France or Sweden has ceded them, or just because of the "rule of the day" for want of a better term. Police are stoned, shot at and killed when they enter and attempts to clean these areas up are considered "inhumane" or some other guilt induced term.

As another poster alluded to, years ago in Jersey, there were places the police would just no go......they exist today in the good old USA. And I used Ferguson as a recent and televised example. What would you call Ferguson for about 2 weeks. NO LAW.... NO ENFORCEMENT......imagine that going on forever and that happens in this country and in Europe for the Muslims.

Go to Miami and tell me that there are not unofficial NO GO ZONES
You are not being rude.

Does the no go area or zone definition work for you?
no-go area
n

I have been Google-ing and reading for the past couple of days in between other activities.

I lived in Newark. I went to college at Newark College of Engineering in1972 years after the riots until I transferred. I lived in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood with 2 Cuban students on second avenue. Tuition was $350 a year and the 3 bedroom apartment was $125 a month. My room mates were armed with shot guns hidden in their closet for protection and I was not. Someone broke into our apartment once when we were at school and it took 3 days for the police to arrive. People were mugged where I lived. I was street smart enough to know where I could ride my bike, when I could go out and where I could or should not go.

So I have had a small taste of what it is like to live in a somewhat dangerous neighborhood. It didn't feel that dangerous at the time.

I also would like to know the history of no go areas in Europe and the one in Dearborn.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile There is a Way

When I worked in Paris our offices had a system to protect from crazies entering the building. You first entered the rotating door and it stopped you from entering the building until you held up your badge for the receptionist inside and she could see you before you entered. If you were OK she would "buzz" the door and it would turn and allow you to enter. There were also very deep cement barriers to prevent from a car or truck smashing into the building. The resturant next door had been bombed thus serious controls over entrances. I don't understand why more business's that are under threats of attack don't install systems like this to protect the Company. Ours were installed in the '90's when a bunch of anti business crazies were running around. There are ways to protect your people but it takes investments and dedication to protections from "nuts"
Old 01-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_France

Cannot find the Union of French Mosques....I imagine it is one of the organizations in this article and the translation is different.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-09-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
There are 10 requirements to become a citizen of the US.....I offer you the last 5 of those for simple consideration...

"Be a person of good moral character.

Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.

Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.

Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).

Take an oath of allegiance to the United States.

Learn About Naturalization | USCIS
These would be major challenges for many current US citizens.

Just a comment on the language requirement. Back in the 90s we were hiring a new GM for our installation in Hannover Germany. We hired a Dutchman, with many years experience in the USA. Where he and his family promptly, voluntarily enrolled in conversational english classes. Then several more years later he was assigned in England. And we hired him for the assignmnet in Germany. His children were 12 and 15. They were enrolled in the neighborhood German schools. When they inquored about transition of the language. They were told the kids would be put in their respective grades and there would be no allowance for language unfamiliarity. They were privately tutored for German at home. The kids said the first 3 months were absolutely terrible. Then they became more affluent. As they tried the German students helped them a lot. One year later you could not move them from the German school system.

This is I am sure is only one of many similar stories in countries around the world. It does work. No uprising. No hell raising by the parents.

Why is it not allowed in the USA?

Appeasement by a permissive, don't offend anybody, linguine spined administrators throughout the systems. Further perpetrated by local and federal cowards!

One very simple, very correctable example of what is happening in America. America!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=dbussone;991830]This is terrorism. I have a couple of points to make:
We, the citizens of the U.S, who love this country, are part of the problem. We have been beaten over the head so often about cultural sensitivities that political correctness is the order of the day. This needs to stop NOW.
Our Muslim citizens who stand by and don't speak out against acts like this are part of the problem.
Our Muslim citizens who don't turn out the radicals in their midst are a larger problem.

Mohammed Moussaoui, President of the Union of French Mosques, said, " We condemn this hateful, criminal act. While the terrorists are intensifying their acts to exacerbate the confrontation inside our country, both Muslims and Christians have to intensify their actions to make a United front against extremism. "

Any reactions to his comments?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=xNYer;992819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
This is terrorism. I have a couple of points to make:
We, the citizens of the U.S, who love this country, are part of the problem. We have been beaten over the head so often about cultural sensitivities that political correctness is the order of the day. This needs to stop NOW.
Our Muslim citizens who stand by and don't speak out against acts like this are part of the problem.
Our Muslim citizens who don't turn out the radicals in their midst are a larger problem.

Mohammed Moussaoui, President of the Union of French Mosques, said, " We condemn this hateful, criminal act. While the terrorists are intensifying their acts to exacerbate the confrontation inside our country, both Muslims and Christians have to intensify their actions to make a United front against extremism. "

Any reactions to his comments?
Yes. Thank goodness someone in a leadership position is speaking out. Now, if a lot more would do the same we have taken a step forward.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Good Read

A good read are some books by Eric Hoffer who was a Long Shoreman in LA and was discovered to be a terrific practical thinker.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
A good read are some books by Eric Hoffer who was a Long Shoreman in LA and was discovered to be a terrific practical thinker.
Never heard of him. This forum expands my horizons.

Eric Hoffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.