12 killed in Paris by extreme Islamists.

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Does all this have to do with Sharia law? I don't know much about Sharia Law but I have it filed under negative. Can someone tell me if this is the same kind of thing...or is this word going to shut down this thread. I hope not.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=xNYer;992819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
This is terrorism. I have a couple of points to make:
We, the citizens of the U.S, who love this country, are part of the problem. We have been beaten over the head so often about cultural sensitivities that political correctness is the order of the day. This needs to stop NOW.
Our Muslim citizens who stand by and don't speak out against acts like this are part of the problem.
Our Muslim citizens who don't turn out the radicals in their midst are a larger problem.

Mohammed Moussaoui, President of the Union of French Mosques, said, " We condemn this hateful, criminal act. While the terrorists are intensifying their acts to exacerbate the confrontation inside our country, both Muslims and Christians have to intensify their actions to make a United front against extremism. "

Any reactions to his comments?

Very good. Now I am waiting for such a declaration from people of similar stature here.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Sage
France sent a very important message to the terrorists today; we don't negotiate, we will kill you. Kudos to the police who killed at least three terrorists today, while saving most of the hostages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/wo...=top-news&_r=0

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/new-shoot...aris?CID=SM_TW

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ampaign=buffer
Old 01-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
France sent a very important message to the terrorists today; we don't negotiate, we will kill you. Kudos to the police who killed at least three terrorists today, while saving the hostages.

At least five hostages freed from supermarket siege in Paris | MSNBC
Same sources, same people were condemning the police in Missouri for being so armed. Congress was bombarded to have hearings about all the weapons that the police have.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:16 PM

[quote=graciegirl;992833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post

Very good. Now I am waiting for such a declaration from people of similar stature here.
CAIR, the largest advocacy group for Muslims in the U.S. Issued the following statement, ""We strongly condemn this brutal and cowardly attack and reiterate our repudiation of any such assault on freedom of speech, even speech that mocks faiths and religious figures. The proper response to such attacks on the freedoms we hold dear is not to vilify any faith, but instead to marginalize extremists of all backgrounds who seek to stifle freedom and to create or widen societal divisions.
"We offer sincere condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed or injured in this attack. We also call for the swift apprehension of the perpetrators, who should be punished to the full extent of the law."
Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
Same sources, same people were condemning the police in Missouri for being so armed. Congress was bombarded to have hearings about all the weapons that the police have.
Those situations were very different. Ferguson and the hostage situations in the Paris area.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
France sent a very important message to the terrorists today; we don't negotiate, we will kill you. Kudos to the police who killed at least three terrorists today, while saving most of the hostages.

At least five hostages freed from supermarket siege in Paris | MSNBC

Reports: All Three Hostage Takers Dead In France
Good to hear that.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=xNYer;992847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

CAIR, the largest advocacy group for Muslims in the U.S. Issued the following statement, ""We strongly condemn this brutal and cowardly attack and reiterate our repudiation of any such assault on freedom of speech, even speech that mocks faiths and religious figures. The proper response to such attacks on the freedoms we hold dear is not to vilify any faith, but instead to marginalize extremists of all backgrounds who seek to stifle freedom and to create or widen societal divisions.
"We offer sincere condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed or injured in this attack. We also call for the swift apprehension of the perpetrators, who should be punished to the full extent of the law."

EXCELLENT. We are heading in the right direction.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:47 PM

[quote=xNYer;992847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

NYer.....though I concur with your sentiments about Muslim groups & organizations in the West AND Arab World needing to step up and take a stand on this type of action by the extremist fringe of their religion, I'm not so sure I'd put much stock in, or rely on, too much of what organizations such as CAIR had to say on the matter. They're not exactly what I'd call "honest brokers" in any of this. Good for the French, though, in taking care of business in prompt fashion! Their CT unit, the GIGN, is right up there with the best of them.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Those situations were very different. Ferguson and the hostage situations in the Paris area.
I dont see that big of a difference HOWEVER....\

MY point was that the police in France cannot perform so well without the arms required to do so. We, the USA, found it comfy to criticize that in Missouri. They were defending their city from being totally destroyed by law breakers and arsonists with guns

The police, in case you had not noticed, are the front lines of this war, and we better soon wake up to that fact in this country.

It appears the French police did a great job and I applaud them, but how can you forget the hypocrisy in the USA !
Old 01-09-2015, 01:00 PM

This is exactly what we were expecting from CAIR. However, if I may indulge those who may want to know a little more about that organization. Please check out a couple of sites for your edification. Sharia Law is certainly on their list of must haves...when the time is right.

CAIR: Islamists Fooling the Establishment :: Middle East Quarterly

https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief...tional-law-ban
Old 01-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=xNYer;992819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
This is terrorism. I have a couple of points to make:

We, the citizens of the U.S, who love this country, are part of the problem. We have been beaten over the head so often about cultural sensitivities that political correctness is the order of the day. This needs to stop NOW.

Our Muslim citizens who stand by and don't speak out against acts like this are part of the problem.

Our Muslim citizens who don't turn out the radicals in their midst are a larger problem.

Mohammed Moussaoui, President of the Union of French Mosques, said, " We condemn this hateful, criminal act. While the terrorists are intensifying their acts to exacerbate the confrontation inside our country, both Muslims and Christians have to intensify their actions to make a United front against extremism. "

Any reactions to his comments?

By the way xNYer, your post will be confusing to others because you have mixed my original post with yours. Yours starts where you are quoting the president of the Union of French Mosques. I hope this was not intentional on your part. Please be careful in the future.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Another report on how it has been received...this from Radio Free Europe...

"Media in the Muslim world have published a wide variety of reactions to the deadly attack on the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

In Iran, the morning papers offered very diverse coverage of the event. Although overall coverage was low-key compared to Western media, some newspapers covered the attack on their front pages.

It was noticeable that both conservative and reformist outlets criticized Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad and questioned whether such cartoons constituted free speech."

"Although the more independent and reformist-leaning newspapers such as Sharq and Etemad also carried the story on their front page, the space dedicated to the news was much less than that of the daily Iran or of Hamshahri, the official newspaper of Tehran's municipality.

Sharq's headline on the event, which was run at the bottom of its front page, read: Shooting At The Heart Of Europe.

Sharq slammed the French satirical magazine for publishing Muhammad cartoons. "It is not acceptable that the president of France defends the freedom of speech in his speech after the attacks," wrote Sharq.

"Meanwhile, some of the more conservative newspapers tried to put the blame on what they called France's policies in the Middle East. Javan, said to be close to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), said in an editorial titled Cartoon Of Islamophobia In France that "France is among the countries that have had the largest dispatch of terrorists to Syria...and one can guess how dangerous the return of these terrorists could be for Europe."

The conservative daily Resalat said that the attack was a result of support for anti-Islamic media and other groups.

Muslim Press Reacts To Charlie Hebdo Attack

There are comments on both sides in the article and interesting that those we are getting closer to...well, you read and decide. Good read if you are interested in the Muslim world response outside the US
Old 01-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Sage

that's funny i was reading the same thing but hesitated to post

I am trying to find Muslim Leaders in the United States to see what they have to say but I can't find any.

I did find this. The different interpretations of the same event I find interesting. click here It's from Radio Free Europe.

And I found out "There are 2 million Muslim adherents across the country in 2010.[98] Islamic populations are 0.6% of the US population per Fareed Zakaria quoting Pew Research Center, 2010."

Do you think that number has gone up?

Do you think almost all American Muslims would identify themselves as Muslims?

Who are the Muslim leaders in the United States?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
that's funny i was reading the same thing but hesitated to post

I am trying to find Muslim Leaders in the United States to see what they have to say but I can't find any.

I did find this. The different interpretations of the same event I find interesting. click here It's from Radio Free Europe.

And I found out "There are 2 million Muslim adherents across the country in 2010.[98] Islamic populations are 0.6% of the US population per Fareed Zakaria quoting Pew Research Center, 2010."

Do you think that number has gone up?

Do you think almost all American Muslims would identify themselves as Muslims?

Who are the Muslim leaders in the United States?
What Fox Won't Show You: Muslim Leaders Are Condemning The Paris Terror Attack | Research | Media Matters for America

This shows what some are saying.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.