Mattress purchase

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Default Mattress purchase

Help!!!
Started shopping for a king mattress.What a hassle.
No two stores carry the same mattress model.The spec's look the same but the model names are different.It is impoosble to compare prices.Based upon all the mattress stores around TV I think there is a big mark up on mattresses.
Any Mattress experts out that can help me out?
My question is"Once we find a mattress we like how can we shop for the best price?"
Old 01-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Help!!!
No two stores carry the same mattress model.The spec's look the same but the model names are different.It is impoosble to compare prices.Based upon all the mattress stores around TV I think there is a big mark up on mattresses.
My question is"Once we find a mattress we like how can we shop for the best price?"
You could find the brand name of the mattress and model name and type it in google. I found my mattress at Macy's for less that way. Make sure it is the exact same though (i.e. pillow top, plush, firm, etc.)
Old 01-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

If there is a Mattress Firm down in that area, you might try them. We've bought several from them over the years in STL and KC and the prices were always cheaper than anywhere else.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:53 AM

If you are looking for memory foam, I'd highly recommend "Mattress in a box". We have used them twice since we have been here, based on recommendations from another Villager. Their product is perfect, price is about half of store prices and their customer service goes beyond stellar. Check their web site: wwww.mattressinabox.com
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 AM

Waite for a sale, then buy from Macy's. Don't let them talk you into any extras.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Help!!!
We were in a similar dilemma. Searched mattresses on TOTV and ended up at the Original Mattress Factory in Ocoee. All the mattresses are made by them. They have soft-firm, pillow-top etc. Our king purchase for mattress, box spring & frame cost about $1400. at 0% interest for 6 months.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-31-2015, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

There is a website Sleep Like The Dead Is #1 In Sleep Product Research : Independent and Unbiased Mattress Reviews, Pillow Ratings and Much More that will walk you through all the research you need to make the right decision for you.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 01-31-2015, 10:58 PM

We just bought an IComfort mattress from Mattress Market Outlet in Leesburg. The mattress was over half the price of other retailers, plus free delivery. Talk to Danny, the owner.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:23 PM

If you want a mattress that is made in the US try saatva.com. They use all organic materials. I own 4 of their mattresses (2 in NY.) Here is a link to Fortune Magazine from last October talking about the Co. Mattress company Saatva's profits are nothing to snooze at - Fortune Great mattresses.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.