3 more Minneapolis officers charged Derek Chauvin charges elevated

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2020, 07:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Thanks. I would like to see a video showing what was going on that led to a handcuffed man being face down on the street with three policemen restraining him. I read that he had been placed in the patrol car, but then for some reason he was pulled out again and restrained the way we see it in this photo. Had he been incoherent and a danger to himself? I saw another video in your link, taken by a bystander, in which it sounds to me like he is saying “I been stoned! I can’t breathe! Please!” Then he repeats something similar. There are certainly cases of drug-induced mania with various drugs, and the drug test shows he was high on fentanyl and had recently used meth. Who knows what those may have been laced with. Police officers can easily be hurt by incoherent people like this.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Default Think about this

Please listen to this and think!
Before anybody even tries to justify the reason there race should be able to loot and riot because of there previous injustices needs to look at the Jew's. I have never heard of Jewish rioters and looters!
I am quite sure there long multiple century losses where much more horrific than yours.
Take after others that have dealt with much worse tragedies in much better fashions!
Old 06-04-2020, 07:42 AM

Riots are not justifiable. Unfortunately, there are opportunists that specifically took advantage of the protests and had planned via social media (per FBI) to meet for violence and destroy properties, which of course, gave way to looting. They did arrest 3 of these people who are a part of the white supremacy group. You can read about this in any MSM.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Good. It was inevitable.
Steve
Will there be any law enforcement against all those who have rioted and looted? Not the peaceful ones. I want prison time for all those doing damage ... looting, fires, etc.

Or is that all ok and justified?
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Will there be any law enforcement against all those who have rioted and looted? Not the peaceful ones. I want prison time for all those doing damage ... looting, fires, etc.

Or is that all ok and justified?
What? If you think I don't want the rioters and looters to be held accountable, you really misread my post.
Steve
Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyj66 View Post
Before anybody even tries to justify the reason there race should be able to loot and riot because of there previous injustices needs to look at the Jew's. I have never heard of Jewish rioters and looters!
I am quite sure there long multiple century losses where much more horrific than yours.
Take after others that have dealt with much worse tragedies in much better fashions!
Let us not forget the Native Americans... Me thinks they would have a pretty large beef with those who stole their land and murdered virtually their entire race..
Old 06-04-2020, 08:23 AM

This country was founded with the Boston tea party which in case you forgot was a riot. In addition our first amendment gives us the right to protest and free speech.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:26 AM

Nothing to Protest, All Lives Matter and the cops have been arrested and will have their day in court! As for these black and white crap. The fact is, we can not change the past, and there will be times when both black and white feel discriminated. I remember being in my 20's as a young white girl giving my black co worker a ride home, I did not want to let her walk! I did not feel too safe driving through her neighborhood as several over them stepped outside and stood on their front lawns folding their arms, as my coworker rolled her window down and yelled at them to get back inside. To this day being a realtor, there are times I do not feel safe showing homes in certain areas of both black & white neighborhoods. All lives matter period and last i heard there is still an uncurbable virus that can be spread by such gatherings which puts a lot of lives in danger, and as others have stated, it has caused several lives to be taken already. Not to mention the brick to the horses face. We need our cops to protect us, and they need the power to protect themselves as well as the public. Unfortunately there will always be a rotten cop no matter how many back ground checks but there are way more good. The cops I know all have hearts of gold and do not want to see anyone hurt. These protestors need to get a life! Go back to work, we need our businesses reopen. Justice is being served move on!
Old 06-04-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
That's right - because it was the White Nationalists, White Supremacists, and Nazis who rioted and looted Jewish businesses and towns, not the other way around.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I totally agree with you....
Old 06-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Where are these four police officers now ? Have they been granted bail ?
Old 06-04-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Would be nice if this would stop the rioting and looting
I agree 100%. However, this case will not be in front of a jury for at least nine months. For those of you who understand criminal law, it is going to be a long time before a resolution is reached. This includes a grand jury hearing that produces indictments, a motion for change of venue, jury selection, motions to sever the three accessory defendants into two trials or more, and the trial(s) themselves. We are now into early 2021.

My hope is that these demonstrations are peaceful and that the participants can exercise patience. Our judicial system moves very slowly. Case in point: the Manson trial lasted over 9 months.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Where are these four police officers now ? Have they been granted bail ?
They are all in police custody. I suspect someone charged with second-degree murder will be remanded. Any chance of bail for the accessory defendants may be granted had a very high price. For their own safety, they are better off behind bars.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The looting is a side-effect of riots. It is not related directly to George Floyd's murder at all. It's what happens in ANY community when there are riots, no matter what the reason for the rioting. It also happens when people panic. This happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Whoever was near the store - no matter what their color was - they were the ones doing the looting. It also has happened during Black Friday sales - except in that case, the looting precedes the rioting.

The riots are happening not exclusively because of George Floyd. But because of the overall racism that hasn't stopped occurring since the beginning of slavery in the USA, before the Civil War.

This past week was a trigger. Not a cause. The cause has always been here. Until the concept of superiority among one group or another ceases to exist, the cause will continue to always be here. And there will eventually be another trigger.
Well said.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by regas56 View Post
Let us not forget the Native Americans... Me thinks they would have a pretty large beef with those who stole their land and murdered virtually their entire race..
I am not denying native Americans were violently treated. However, by far, the biggest killer of native Americans was disease brought from Europe for which they had no immunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
minneapolis, officers, charged, derek, chauvin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.