30 year old gets evicted by mommy. Let's hope its a new trend.

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2018, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Unfortunately, it is not that easy to get a relative out of your home, especially a child. A very close relative in my own family went through hell with an adult child before the matter was solved.
Maybe some people aren't very resourceful. I would get him out of the house, and wouldn't need a judge.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage

After the age of 18 or the graduation of college, a parents legal obligation to their child is over. As parents we usually support our children to achieve their goals. Helping someone is normal but someone expecting someone to do everything for them with no effort on their part is just wrong, on many levels.

This man is delusional is his thinking the his parents and the world owes him something. To refuse to work on Saturday's is inexcusable and was fired.

He needs to get up off it and get on with his life.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I assume we will all be paying for him soon. I had a friend that had the same issue, with two kids in their 20's. Time to downsize, they sold the house and moved and the kids were shocked, even though they had been told that was going to happen.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-24-2018, 07:18 PM

One TV show reported today that the reason he didn't want to get a job is that the Judge would not order a court appointed attorney to provide legal aid in obtaining custody of a biological child. If he gets a job, he had to provide his own attorney. So we are paying for him.

Second, once he had established residency in his parents home, there may be some kind of implied legal relationship for which his parents would need go through eviction proceedings. While this may be slightly different in Florida, I had to do this for some con artists who convinced my sister (developmentally disabled) to allow them to move in with her. I filed papers and paid for a Sheriff's officer to serve the notice of eviction. Fortunately when he went to serve it, the officer observed stolen property and was able to provide them with a different accommodation in the county jail ...thus it shortened my legal action against them.

For us looking in from the outside, it appears so simple, but truly is not. Bless them for taking these very painful & public steps to help their son grow up.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
...For us looking in from the outside, it appears so simple, but truly is not. Bless them for taking these very painful & public steps to help their son grow up.
Wise words, KS.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I feel sorry for the parents.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I feel sorry for the parents.
That is a nice statement. These specific individual parents in this matter wherever it happens to be. They did need to do something.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
One TV show reported today that the reason he didn't want to get a job is that the Judge would not order a court appointed attorney to provide legal aid in obtaining custody of a biological child. If he gets a job, he had to provide his own attorney. So we are paying for him.

Second, once he had established residency in his parents home, there may be some kind of implied legal relationship for which his parents would need go through eviction proceedings. While this may be slightly different in Florida, I had to do this for some con artists who convinced my sister (developmentally disabled) to allow them to move in with her. I filed papers and paid for a Sheriff's officer to serve the notice of eviction. Fortunately when he went to serve it, the officer observed stolen property and was able to provide them with a different accommodation in the county jail ...thus it shortened my legal action against them.

For us looking in from the outside, it appears so simple, but truly is not. Bless them for taking these very painful & public steps to help their son grow up.
Thank You. I like it when people look at the actual facts in each case. That shows wisdom and compassion.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
You said a mouthful! Always easy to make bold statements about how to handle a situation when one doesn't know all the facts and isn't personally involved. I have known childless couples who had all the answers regarding child raising - then had children who completely upended all their certainty. Sound as though this couple did the right thing, but that does not extrapolate to every situation where a young adult lives with parents.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Sage

A pizza company offered him a job. Pretty clever---lot's of free advertising.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM

I hope his parents have concealed carry permits and make use of them. This guy seems like one unstable wingnut.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
A pizza company offered him a job. Pretty clever---lot's of free advertising.
That is thinking out-of-the-box.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

Kimmel did a comedy segment on this last night -- they asked random pedestrians if they still lived with their parents and had the audience guess the answer.

Pedestrian Question - Do You Still Live with Your Parents? - YouTube
Old 05-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarkp View Post
I hope his parents have concealed carry permits and make use of them. This guy seems like one unstable wingnut.
I guess my mind just doesn't work like this. I just can't imagine hoping someone is prepared to kill their son.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

It can be very hard and take many months to have someone removed,(legally) in some "enlightened" jurisdictions
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.