Aarp

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2022, 04:51 PM

I stuff the envelopes with stale sandwich meat.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:22 AM
Default Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Actually I find the magazine to be very good and their bulletins are even better.
(Works for AARP)
Old 07-16-2022, 08:10 AM
Default Are you sure?

Quote:
Wrong - they simply market insurance from other carriers and get compensated from those carriers. New York Life, United Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha etc.
I don't know if you are correct--that's what they want you to believe.

Once I had a question about "their" auto insurance rates that I was "allegedly" getting a discount with my AARP membership and queried AARP that I could get a lower rate with other companies. Did I ever get stonewalled. I got the distinct impression that AARP is the parent company for those insurance companies and is the marketing tool for them.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Actually I find the magazine to be very good and their bulletins are even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
(Works for AARP)
What does this sequence of comments mean, please?
Old 07-16-2022, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

With all due respect, we just got the latest magazine IMHO it’s far from being boring. But to each their own.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:16 AM

Ditto. There politics turn me off.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:50 PM

When I needed the towing benefit, after an accident at 8 pm, on my AARP Insurance company ( The Hartford Underwriters Insurance Group) —NOBODY CAME. TO MY RESCUE. NO ONE FROM THE HARTFORD INSURANCE, their tow companies, NOR AAA (I’ve been a paid AAA member 6 hrs.). THANK GOD The Florida Highway Patrol made a collision Report and Officer Brown arrives & called for towing about midnight.
AAA & AARP’s recommended Insurer fell short on their duties to this Member
Old 07-16-2022, 02:10 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
I agree. There are many articles that relate to issues we face regarding health, finances, and political matters relevant to our age demographics. Subscription cost is low so I think joining is a win-win deal.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeCurmudgeon View Post
I don't know if you are correct--that's what they want you to believe.

Once I had a question about "their" auto insurance rates that I was "allegedly" getting a discount with my AARP membership and queried AARP that I could get a lower rate with other companies. Did I ever get stonewalled. I got the distinct impression that AARP is the parent company for those insurance companies and is the marketing tool for them.
I spent 25 years in the insurance industry, most of then in management capacities with New York Life. AARP sold NYLIC Life Insurance and I can assure you they had absolutely NO ownership interest in our mutual company. They simply negotiated with us to offer a special, minimally underwritten, whole life policy tailored to their members needs. They received commissions for sales like any other approved broker.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:39 PM

aarp is a political affiliated organization funded by george soros. I would love to get into it but i need to stay out of totv jail.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
aarp is a political affiliated organization funded by george soros. I would love to get into it but i need to stay out of totv jail.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry A Bad Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Here's a hint. If you get unwanted mail solicitations (from AARP or any other source) that provides you with return envelope that you don't have to stamp, just return the application form or other material (blank, of course) and send it back. They have to pay postage on those returns and if they get enough of them, it might discourage the garbage mail.
I think your "idea" is disgraceful!

It wouldn't matter how many blank envelopes they get back. It is part of their marketing plan and the public who does subscribe to the things they offer will be the ones who ultimately pay the price. If AARP's costs increase, guess what they have to do, genius? That's right . . . the rates for what they offer will have to increase.

So what you are suggesting will hurt AARP's customer base. THAT is who will offset AARP's cost for sending out mailers!

Tags
aarp, car, months, insurance, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.