Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Active shooting in Baton Rouge.

Reports of officers shot in Baton Rouge
Old 07-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Seems to be no solution to these murders. Opening a dialog might help but that often takes a great deal of time, patience, and empathy.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Seems to be no solution to these murders. Opening a dialog might help but that often takes a great deal of time, patience, and empathy.

Dialog ? This race thing has been going on for 350 years. Dialog ain't gonna solve ****.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

There is little to fear from the comedy club we call our Justice system.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I would like to see ALL our police force everywhere in the country wearing Kevlar Vests. At least give these guys a chance!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Eternal Member

This is all about parents teaching their children to be a good person. So many are being raised to think "it's all about me". No regard for other people, places, animals or anything else. It's causing so much hatred. You can't blame our government or president with the way kids are being raised.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Dialog ? This race thing has been going on for 350 years. Dialog ain't gonna solve ****.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:25 PM

Ignorance breeds ignorance. We have thrown more money at this social issue than any other problem in our country to no avail. We have to stop rewarding single mothers for having children. Time and time again I see the mothers on TV asking what am I to do with 4 kids at home. Well the first thing you do is stop having kids without a partner and of which you can't afford to raise. We all know they will not stop. This problem is increasing exponentially. The child has 4 kids. They each have 4 (16) and they do the same (64) and we keep being asked to pay for it. Unfortunately I don't see an end to the problem until the money runs out and nature takes its course. WE fail to talk about or recognize the real root of the problem. You can't fix what you can't recognize.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
This is all about parents teaching their children to be a good person. So many are being raised to think "it's all about me". No regard for other people, places, animals or anything else. It's causing so much hatred. You can't blame our government or president with the way kids are being raised.
Lack of empathy and the "me, me, me" culture does seem to be part of the problem.

Making people seem "other"than themselves has always been a problem in the human condition. You see it in The Bible but you also seen its anti-thesis in the Golden Rule included in the Sermon on the Mount. And the Golden Rule is a core value in most of the world's major religions.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanemb View Post
Ignorance breeds ignorance. We have thrown more money at this social issue than any other problem in our country to no avail. We have to stop rewarding single mothers for having children. Time and time again I see the mothers on TV asking what am I to do with 4 kids at home. Well the first thing you do is stop having kids without a partner and of which you can't afford to raise. We all know they will not stop. This problem is increasing exponentially. The child has 4 kids. They each have 4 (16) and they do the same (64) and we keep being asked to pay for it. Unfortunately I don't see an end to the problem until the money runs out and nature takes its course. WE fail to talk about or recognize the real root of the problem. You can't fix what you can't recognize.
Your using a stereotype to justify your opinion.

How about all of the 'working poor?'

You know, those who go to a usually pretty chitty job (like wiping pee from around toilets or otherwise cleaning up behind others) every day but are eligible for food stamps and other welfare benefits, because large corporations don't pay them a living wage.

Am I to understand that you have no issue with your taxes being used to benefit corporations already making billions in profits, but become livid if it goes to someone whose lifestyle you personally disapprove of?

Wow.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore2 View Post
Your using a stereotype to justify your opinion.

How about all of the 'working poor?'

You know, those who go to a usually pretty chitty job (like wiping pee from around toilets or otherwise cleaning up behind others) every day but are eligible for food stamps and other welfare benefits, because large corporations don't pay them a living wage.

Am I to understand that you have no issue with your taxes being used to benefit corporations already making billions in profits, but become livid if it goes to someone whose lifestyle you personally disapprove of?

Wow.
You seem to think that giving money to people for doing nothing is helpful whether it be from tax payers or those evil corporations.
If that was the answer the problem would have been solved long ago. I like the poster you berated, believe kids growing up without parental guidance is really at the root of the problem, and that applies to all races.
Worst thing you can do is to do for others, is doing for them, what they should do for themselves.
It doesn't mean to not help the truly needy!
Old 07-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Here's one faction of many in the national spotlight (sports), that have pitched venom at police. I remember NBA players wearing/chanting "hands up don't shoot"....when that was proven not to have happened in the federal investigation and acquittal of Officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson, MO.

"The image showed a hooded figure cutting the throat of a handcuffed police officer. Crowell posted it Thursday after videos of police killings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota...."

Cleveland police union head threatens to pull cops from Browns games over Isaiah Crowell's Instagram post | cleveland.com
Old 07-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

And of course celebrities such as this are clear in their message to children/teens, about police:

Sheriffs: Beyonce is ‘inciting bad behavior’ and endangering law enforcement - The Washington Post
Old 07-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
You seem to think that giving money to people for doing nothing is helpful whether it be from tax payers or those evil corporations.
Sorry, but you're dead wrong...again

I have always been an advocate that those who receive welfare should be required to do something, even if it is just local community service.

What burns me are the ones that want to use the 'Welfare Queen' (typically black with multiple children) as an example of why they are so hardhearted when it comes to helping those who need it.

Funny thing is, if you asked those same people if they wished they had been born black, you will get looks of shock.

And they aren't even smart enough to realize that the reason they would never even think of trading places with a black person, are the same reasons there are so many racial issues in this country.

Think about it for a minute.

One of my favorite hypocrisies is when one of them talk about how 'they' (blacks/minorities) are predisposed to particular traits, but become enraged and take great umbrage when you call them a racist.

It's like they are too ignorant to even look at a dictionary and read the actual definition of a racist.

Quote:
If that was the answer the problem would have been solved long ago. I like the poster you berated, believe kids growing up without parental guidance is really at the root of the problem, and that applies to all races.
Go look again, I did not post anything about how children were raised.

I'm smarter than that.

All too many want to take credit for children that turn out well, which of course does not explain those who didn't turn out so well...in spite of being raised in the exact same environment.

So what's your thought(s) on the reason for that?

Quote:
Worst thing you can do is to do for others, is doing for them, what they should do for themselves.
It doesn't mean to not help the truly needy!
See my post above, as we actually agree on that.

What I don't believe in, is subsidizing corporations (already making billions of dollars in profits) by providing their employees with benefits (from my taxes) they need to survive.

I have yet to understand why so many are reluctant to explain why they have no problem with it.

Even though I know why they feel that way, they are afraid to voice their racism/bigotry in a public setting.

Racism, in and of itself, while abhorrent in my view...is NOT illegal.

It is only when someone has power or authority over another and exercises that racism/bigotry, is when it becomes illegal.

So why are they so reluctant to just admit what is so obvious?

On Edit: I truly thought this would have been moved to the political forum by this point, so I will refrain from additional posts so as not to break the rules in the regular forum.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 07-17-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Eternal Member

Oh my, I do believe this is getting way to political.

Tags
rouge, baton, shooting, active

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.