Which actor was the best James Bond?

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
I think we can all agree that Timothy Dalton was the worst. Pulling a wheelie with a tractor trailer is unforgivable. lol.

Pierce Brosnan was probably the most suave.
Daniel Craig the most kinetic.
Sean Connery the best overall
Roger Moore the goofiest. Jaws, biting a 2 inch cable...really. I still enjoyed those movies though.
Absolutely agree with this assessment of Bonds, with a caveat on Daniel Craig's Bond movies, As an actor he is terrific and does a great job, however these latest movies have become so dark, both in the effects and story generally. I miss the fun in Connery, Moore and Brosnan's movies. Wish they'd lighten him up a bit.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:18 PM

I'm going to cop out and say Sean Connery and Daniel Craig are the best Bonds for their respective times. Movies have changed between their tenures in the role and don't think either would have done as well in the other's style of movie. I like darker TV shows & movies so Craig would get my vote given that preference, also like the Battlestar Galactica remake far more than the goofy original as it was far darker and grittier portraying their life & death struggles so well! Check it out if you're not already a fan.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:42 PM

Roger Moore's Bond films I enjoyed the most: For Your Eyes Only, Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker.
His lighter side made his Bond most entertaining for me.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydancer View Post
Absolutely agree with this assessment of Bonds, with a caveat on Daniel Craig's Bond movies, As an actor he is terrific and does a great job, however these latest movies have become so dark, both in the effects and story generally. I miss the fun in Connery, Moore and Brosnan's movies. Wish they'd lighten him up a bit.
I agree. Part of the "Bond Genre" was that, while they made entertaining movies, they didn't take themselves so seriously that they couldn't have fun (think "Q"). The part of Bond that made me smile is missing in the Daniel Craig movies. I hope that can be re-introduced to the series.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:34 PM

Sean Connery! Daniel Craig running in second.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I thought Connery was the best, but I don’t know if that was because I thought he was so handsome and smooth. IMO, Daniel Craig brought some depth to the character, and was pretty easy on the eyes.
Was very impressed with Craig's "Defiance" performance and have followed him since. Too many impossible stunts makes the latest Bond movies less enjoyable but still very easy outlet from the real world
IMHO!
Closed Thread

Tags
bond, actor, connery, role, james

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.