Adjustable Bed

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Default Adjustable Bed

Thanks for input. We finally chose one!

We are in the market for a new bed and boy, what an eye opener it has been. Last time we bought a mattress it was about $350 for a really nice one and shopping for it was a one dimensional experience! Not Anymore! If anyone has had recent experience they would like to share, it would be appreciated,
We kinda like one at Relax in Comfort. Any comments?

Last edited by salferg; 10-15-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Bought a new bed
Old 10-12-2013, 07:03 AM

I have just sold my Tempurpedic King size mattress. I will be moving to TV in November. I don't need a king size bed and don't want it taking up that much room in my new home. But, I LOVED that mattress! I will buy a queen size when I get to Florida. I know they are expensive but it is the first mattress I have owned that I believe really will last 20 years or more. I have had my king mattress for almost four years and when I make it in the morning it is still as flat as the day I bought it. My daughter spent a ton on a pillow top mattress two years ago and it already sags on both sides of the bed where they lay. Anyways... I know not everyone feels this way, but for what it is worth, tempurpedic is my humble opinion of a good mattress.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM

I was in the mattress store about to buy another inner spring mattress when another customer came in to check on her order. She sad, "Oh, you really need to try a latex mattress, they are the absolute best." Sure enough. I bought a latex one and it's the best I've ever had. Latex mattresses are similar to Tempurpedic, but slightly cooler as the latex does not retain body heat as readily.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Sage
Default To dip or not to dip

When we moved here we bought a new bed and mattress from Mattress Firm. We didn't want to go go extravagant on one but wanted something comfortable, so we bought a Simmons Beauty Rest. After about a year we noticed the bed "dipping" where we slept. We were careful in our choice of mattress so it wouldn't do that. We like a lot of support when we sleep, So about 2 weeks ago, we went back to Mattress Firm and told them we weren't happy with the bed. They told us any bed with inner springs will eventually "dip" or as they call it "get a body signature". They suggested a TEMPUR pedic mattress. So, we laid on several and chose the one for us. It was about $2,000 more than the one we originally got. So, all in all our mattress was over 3,000 for just a mattress....no box spring! We were shocked but hopefully this one will last us for years to come. And, so far it is just what we needed.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanks for your input. I'm still wanting to hear any comments on Relax in Comfort beds
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
Thanks for your input. I'm still wanting to hear any comments on Relax in Comfort beds
We bought our bed (beds) at Relax in Comfort 2 years ago,last June. We have never ever been sorry! it's a whole new life. We bought twin beds and put them together as a king. This way we have our own controls if one wants to sleep and one wants to read. Also during the night can change positions easily with bothering spouse. Whenever we travel, can't wait to get back to our bed! Will answer any questions. The single beds take extra long twin sheets. One of the best decisions we ever made!
Tampa, FL
Old 10-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Gold member

We purchased an adjustable bed at Relax in Comfort which allows us to raise and lower both the head and foot of the mattress. We have dual controls. One problem is that the control that changes the mattress firmness doesn't have numbers so you have to just use feel to get the proper firmness. There are firmness controls for both sides of the bed.

We purchased sheets on line for this type of bed.

Overall we are happy with our purchase and it sure helps when we want to watch tv or read in bed.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Thanks for taking time to respond!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM

We replaced a Tempurpedic bed with a split king adjustable/bamboo memory foam mattress from Relax The Back.

Very happy - the adjustable frame was just as important as the mattress.

Also bought the Zero Gravity chairs. Very happy with those also.

For lower back issues these items have been of great help.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McP1605 View Post
I have just sold my Tempurpedic King size mattress. I will be moving to TV in November. I don't need a king size bed and don't want it taking up that much room in my new home. But, I LOVED that mattress! I will buy a queen size when I get to Florida. I know they are expensive but it is the first mattress I have owned that I believe really will last 20 years or more. I have had my king mattress for almost four years and when I make it in the morning it is still as flat as the day I bought it. My daughter spent a ton on a pillow top mattress two years ago and it already sags on both sides of the bed where they lay. Anyways... I know not everyone feels this way, but for what it is worth, tempurpedic is my humble opinion of a good mattress.
I also just sold my Tempurpedic. Couldn't wait to get rid of it. That's just me, though. Most people love them. I have had 2 bad experiences with pillow tops. They sagged on the sides. It's called "crowning"and it seems to be very common on all pillow tops. I have a Sleep Number on order. Sure hope it's what I need. Seems like I'm spending my whole IRA on mattresses.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Default Adjustable bed

We finally made a decision! We really wanted a Temperpedic with dual adjustable base but when we balked at the $12k price and started to leave the salesman (who was really slick) showed us the bed Sealy makes to compete with the Temperpedic for $5k less. Said Temperpedic bought out Sealy when they came out with this bed. After trying it out we bought it and so far really are happy with it. Elevating the foot and head really reduced the pressure on your hips. Thanks for all your comments.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM

does anyone have a fold up bed for sale please must be excellent condition
352 750 3926
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.