Agree or Not

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2021, 09:53 AM

I think it's very true. I have 4 daughters and 1 son. They confirm the stats. I have often asked other couples. Same outcome.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
It's been said that, "A daughter's a daughter for the rest of her life. A son is a son until he takes a wife." Do you agree or not? From experience, I agree.
Agree
Old 04-11-2021, 11:45 AM
Default Daughter vs Son.

Definitely TRUE....
Old 04-11-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
It's been said that, "A daughter's a daughter for the rest of her life. A son is a son until he takes a wife." Do you agree or not? From experience, I agree.
Really wish I could agree but our three sons are very caring and communicative. Our only daughter has been bonded to her husband’s family for over 25 years now. We have definitely taken a back seat to her other family......it’s unpleasant but we’ve learned to live with the situation and keep the peace.😞😞
Old 04-11-2021, 01:17 PM

I disagree. Treat all of your children with Love no matter their sex.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am neutral as I just think it is different.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

It all depends on who your son marries.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Madelaine Amee couldn't have said it better. We have three boys who are very different in many ways. They have all found the love of their lives and seem to be doing just fine.

I learned that unless they put something in the form of a question then mums the word on most major subjects.

Out of the three sets of kids, one set is dead against getting the Covid Vaccination. I approached the subject lightly and told them a true story about a friend I lost who belongs to a club that I belong to in N.J. After the story I asked what he thought and although he said he was sorry for my loss it didn't change his mind. So for me it is case closed. I would not approach the subject with his wife, not a chance.

Madelaine Amee said what I was thinking much better than I could have. Thank You.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:46 PM

don't believe in interfering, but some daughter-in-laws can be very selfish and jealous and want to break any ties with sons and mothers.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:56 AM
Default Be a Mom, not a meddler

I couldn't agree with you more! We have a daughter and two sons, all happily married. Our sons call us 1x or 2x a week, our daughter not as much. We do not meddle in their business or give advice, unless asked.Thankfully, most of the time. they make good decisions. Our sons are just as close to us as before they were married. Our daughter is just as aloof as she was before she was married lol We are blessed with three amazing, educated, loving,, professional, kids (and their spouses) who have given us two precious grandchildren (so far). The key to good relationships with your kids and their spouses is not to meddle.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:27 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

Daughters are closer to their mother, at least in our case we have two boys. It was one of the deciding factors for us to become full time residents in The Villages. Our daughters in-law’s are great, our older son & family moved to Tennessee (from Michigan) just before I retired and our youngest married just after I retired. Wife was really close with the younger son and very happy he found a wonderful wife, but our newest daughter in-law is really close to her (large) family. Although they did make time to see us, it wasn’t enough, we would sit around waiting for a call to come for a visit or dinner, that was barley enough in the warm months and not what we wanted in the colder months. Our son was disappointed when we told him of our plans to move, but we explained that instead of just seeing them (and grandbaby) an hour or two a week we could spend more quality time with them if they would come and visit for a week or more in Florida. He said he got it and both said that after visiting here in The Villages they saw we were much happier. We keep in touch via FaceTime (to see our newest granddaughter) and had a family (both sons, family & 4 grandkids) reuniting planed, that COVID crashed. My wife says that if we had daughters we wouldn’t have moved.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I have daughters and sons. My oldest daughter is 44 and I still choke up when I hear the song by Mike Douglas, "The Men In My Little Girls Life". Doesn't help that the boy she married is named Tim. She'll always be my little girl.

My sons are also close but the relationship is a little different in that as their father my job is still to be there, teach, and support.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:17 PM

But a Jewiush mothers son is the KING!! LOL LOL
Old 04-12-2021, 05:19 PM

Jewish, not Jewiush LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, son, experience, wife, takes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.