AirVenture Oshkosh 2017

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default AirVenture Oshkosh 2017

This year I am taking my son and two grandsons to the Mecca of aviation, Oshkosh. I would encourage everyone to try to experience this great spectacle of aviation once. While I have participated over 25 times, many haven’t missed a year.

Would be flying the Cub up to Oshkosh except that it’s no faster than our Honda CRV and I can’t fit enough into it. Yet, hate to drive to the world’s greatest fly in.

Will see some of my friends from Urbana there as they are flying the Urbana based B-25 to Oshkosh. As in past years, I also hope to see some TV people at Oshkosh.

For more information on AirVenture 2017 at Oshkosh, visit this EAA site -> EAA AirVenture Oshkosh | Oshkosh, Wisconsin | Fly-In & Convention
Old 07-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Sounds like fun.

I've made the International Balloon Festival in Abq. a number of times and it is a pretty amazing sight watching all those balloons firing up in the dark...then rising just as the sun is peeking over the Sandia's.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Sounds like fun.

I've made the International Balloon Festival in Abq. a number of times and it is a pretty amazing sight watching all those balloons firing up in the dark...then rising just as the sun is peeking over the Sandia's.
It is worthwhile. I have seen and heard hot air balloonists flying over my home there many times.

A friend of mine has flown his Piper Cub to Oshkosh several times. In the USAF he flew a huge tanker!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
oshkosh, airventure, aviation, flying, urbana

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.