AK-47's

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am trying to think where I first heard it. My husband who does not have a gun says it.

You know I admire you Bogie Shooter and your straightforward attitude but I would like to take the opportunity to point out that I watch all three of the big news stations and I speak frequently to our granddaughter who is an executive producer of local evening news in a not small American city.

AND...

I am told I am not as dumb as I look, Bogie.
Graciegirl, you always make me smile!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Each time I moved and applied for a CCW I took the course again - to brush up and to retain an appropriate knowledge base. Rules do vary by state and the best way to update ones self is to take the current course. My wife has done the same, as have others I know. Not all of us are the drooling blatherers some would like to think.
Sounds as though you and the missus have done it right. I imagine some states have different rules and regulations about concealed carry - where and where not the pistol can be legally carried, etc.

Keep them all in the 10 ring!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
What? It is NOT an easy process? You took the NRA Basic Course one time! You had to pay for background check and fingerprint fees in all the states. It cost you money but that was not a difficult thing as long as you had the money.

You did NOT have to take the NRA course each time nor demonstrate skill each time. You just had to fill out paperwork and pay a state fee.

As I stated before, any veteran with an honorable discharge can get the CCW by payng only for fingerprints and processing fee (around $125). Very easy process in Florida. Yes, I imagine there are the application forms and the computerized background check. No classes or shooting test required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I had NY, NH, PA and CT concealed carry permits when I moved to FL. Now I have FL CCW. My FL CCW is good in 32 states but not NY or CT. My point is every time I applied for a new State CCW I had to go through all the background checks and fingerprinting, pay a fee etc. The only class I had to take was the NRA Basic Firearms Class and it was good in all the States I applied to. The applications and fees are specific to each state. In Florida all I had to do was include a copy of my NY permit since that is where I came from and do the above stuff pay a fee and I got it in about 6 weeks. So if you think it an easy process I would tend to disagree.

Well I did have to drive to the Sheriff in PA twice each time I renewed. They only accept applications and issue in person. Ha.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds as though you and the missus have done it right. I imagine some states have different rules and regulations about concealed carry - where and where not the pistol can be legally carried, etc.

Keep them all in the 10 ring!

My wife always does. Me, not as often. She is much the better shot with a pistol.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm not suggesting the NRA. I don't know the first thing about the NRA except that they have a lobby. I don't know what an Endowment Life Member is. It's none of my business.

I'm just asking who, what, when and where questions.

I think you are not seeing me as I am.
Like the Lady G I am quite comfortable with gun owners in The Villages. They have a lifetime of experiences handling weapons.

When I lived in Newark, I was a little more than worried.
You bring up some reasonable points but they will not get much traction in this forum. I don't believe the problem is lack of safety training but instead anyone who can fog a mirror and has the financial resourses can buy as many firearms and ammunition as they want. I was an NRA member for a number of years but could no longer support their position on firearm sales.
I personally would have no problem with gun registration. Due to lobbying we cannot even have an intelligent discussion about it.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
You bring up some reasonable points but they will not get much traction in this forum. I don't believe the problem is lack of safety training but instead anyone who can fog a mirror and has the financial resourses can buy as many firearms and ammunition as they want. I was an NRA member for a number of years but could no longer support their position on firearm sales.
I personally would have no problem with gun registration. Due to lobbying we cannot even have an intelligent discussion about it.
Did you see the Frontline episode on the NRA? click here
Draw your own conclusions.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
lets remember that all guns are banned in Great Britain and even policemen do not carry. Permits for hunting are hard to obtain. So the notion put forth that only bad guys or gals with have them when guns are banned is not proven. but I am resigned to know that this not-so-great country will never ban guns
Giving up your guns because you think that criminals
have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your
neighbors have too many kids.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbym View Post
Giving up your guns because you think that criminals
have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your
neighbors have too many kids.
I might have trouble sleeping tonight.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:57 PM

When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets, the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.”

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.

When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.

They need to make their instructions to seniors a little clearer…..
Old 02-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
My wife always does. Me, not as often. She is much the better shot with a pistol.
Just curious, do you have a window in your bathroom?
Old 02-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Sage

??? The main bathroom, no. In the separate water closet, frosted glass. Why???
Old 02-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Did you see the Frontline episode on the NRA? click here
Draw your own conclusions.
Don't confuse us with facts, the earth is flat regardless of what you say.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
??? The main bathroom, no. In the separate water closet, frosted glass. Why???
Just about 5 years ago, here in The Villages, a husband and wife were both retired police officers and both owned pistols. The husband, by his own admission, was a total jerk toward his wife.

One morning after a nasty argument, she just had all she could take! The husband was in the shower. She came into the bathroom and shot him three times in the stomach. He escaped through the bathroom window!

An actual standoff situation developed with SWAT team and a helicopter on Talley Ridge Drive. The lady surrendered after a few hours. The husband recuperated after a long time. He moved. She is in prison.

Moral of the story - if your wife has a pistol, it is smart to have a bathroom window.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

What if she came in through the bathroom window?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just about 5 years ago, here in The Villages, a husband and wife were both retired police officers and both owned pistols. The husband, by his own admission, was a total jerk toward his wife.

One morning after a nasty argument, she just had all she could take! The husband was in the shower. She came into the bathroom and shot him three times in the stomach. He escaped through the bathroom window!

An actual standoff situation developed with SWAT team and a helicopter on Talley Ridge Drive. The lady surrendered after a few hours. The husband recuperated after a long time. He moved. She is in prison.

Moral of the story - if your wife has a pistol, it is smart to have a bathroom window.
Great to know! Thanks.

P.S. - my wife is a retired nurse. I think if she wanted to do me in, she knows lots of quiet ways to get the job done.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.