Amazing 8 Year Old Golfer!!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage
Default Amazing 8 Year Old Golfer!!!

Shot a 8 under par for nine holes!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.2117071

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Sage

If I'd only started golfing 47 years ago.....��
Old 02-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
She is on the Esquire Network TV reality show, "The Short Game."

She is very successful, but the length of the holes for the U.S. Kids Golf tournaments is shortened considerably to be appropriate for the age of the players.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
She is on the Esquire Network TV reality show, "The Short Game."

She is very successful, but the length of the holes for the U.S. Kids Golf tournaments is shortened considerably to be appropriate for the age of the players.
How long are the holes?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
How long are the holes?
From the U.S. Kids Golf website (uskidsgolf.com):

"U.S. Kids Golf Family Courses offer Forward Tees that scale the golf course to fit the skill of beginning golfers. A par 4 plays like a par 4 because the Level 1 and Level 2 tees are set to fit the driving distance of players new to the game. By playing courses from the appropriate yardages, players have more fun and families can create lifelong memories together on the golf course."

Their site also has a chart that shows yardage:

Family Course Yardages | U.S. Kids Golf
Old 02-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When I was eight, I was clumsy as a cow on a crutch.

My golf game still shows that.

sigh.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Sage

I don't think it's such a good idea for your parent to be your coach. A kid needs to separate the two. You can let your coach down by not playing up to your ability and not feel too bad. You can be dropped by the coach or you can fire the coach. You can go home for some understanding. When the coach is your Dad, you would feel terrible letting your Dad [or Mom] down. And the practice session and lessons never ends It's not healthy for the parent either.

I think that's why Tiger is not the Tiger he used to be. He pounded his body since he was a little boy. He might have loved doing it, but somebody should have stepped in and said go play basketball or go swimming, anything but golf for a few months a year.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't think it's such a good idea for your parent to be your coach. A kid needs to separate the two. You can let your coach down by not playing up to your ability and not feel too bad. You can be dropped by the coach or you can fire the coach. You can go home for some understanding. When the coach is your Dad, you would feel terrible letting your Dad [or Mom] down. And the practice session and lessons never ends It's not healthy for the parent either.

I think that's why Tiger is not the Tiger he used to be. He pounded his body since he was a little boy. He might have loved doing it, but somebody should have stepped in and said go play basketball or go swimming, anything but golf for a few months a year.
How do you know he didn't? Once you develop swing golf not that physical, more mental than phycial. One of few sports were it's all on you to set and take you time. Not like you have to hit moving target. One of the few sports you can play in you Sunday best suit.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
How do you know he didn't? Once you develop swing golf not that physical, more mental than phycial. One of few sports were it's all on you to set and take you time. Not like you have to hit moving target. One of the few sports you can play in you Sunday best suit.
Obviously, you haven't seen the physical workout the Pro Golfers go through. It's a very physical game these days, like any other sport.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

No not like any other sport, not even close. Most are average pop belled golfer riding around on the carts not on the pro tour. Not saying it's not difficult, just not as physical as other sports that require movement.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
No not like any other sport, not even close. Most are average pop belled golfer riding around on the carts not on the pro tour. Not saying it's not difficult, just not as physical as other sports that require movement.
You are right. For the average pot bellied golfer it is not a physically demanding sport.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's like the serve in tennis. Or the pitch in baseball? Once you have your serve, or once you have your pitch , it's all mental.
Is that correct?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.