Amazon Delivery Policy

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Strange. None of the companies who deliver, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or USPS ever ring the bell or knock on the door. I get at least 3 deliveries per week, and I am usually home.
We get a ring of the doorbell many times, as a matter of fact they did yesterday...it must have been Amazon van and FedEx has rang the bell many times as well...the only issue we have is our contract USPS delivery person at mail station has put our package in others mail boxes, just held on to it for a couple of days instead of using lockers, stuck a pink note in our box saying we need to be there at 12 noon if we want to pick up package....it’s a big issue, not impressed with that at all!
Old 01-04-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I’ve never experienced them not knocking on the door, which has been the case since Covid (prior to which they’ve rung the bell). How is posting on TOTV going to change Amazon’s policy. I have a Ring doorbell and a Nest cam in the front of my house. Won’t miss a thing.
They also have to keep their drivers safe from being bitten. I believe that is why no knocking anymore.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I suspect "secure" does not mean a safety deposit box or locked room; "secure" probably means out of the elements.

Amazon ALWAYS rings the doorbell at my place - it turns out to be a weekly confirmation that the bell still works.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
I feel slighted. Just checked my doorbell. It works fine. I had Amazon deliveries yesterday and today when I was home. No ring or knock. They leave the package on the porch and they are gone in a flash. Unless I am nuts, this must happen to other people.
If that happened to me I would leave a note: "delivery person please knock or ring the bell, thank you".
Old 01-04-2021, 06:58 AM

My experience with Amazon for years has been flawless. Not that things don’t ever go wrong, but corrective action or refund is fast and without questions. Returns are easier than brick and mortar retail. Combined with convenience, this is why Amazon has become the biggest company in the world.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I have several Amazon packages delivered every week, and lately, they have been delivered by Amazon trucks. FYI, here is their delivery policy. However, they do not follow the policy regarding leaving the package in a secure location or knocking on the door. I am often home when they put a package on my porch. I haven't had any problems with theft, but, if a package were stolen from my porch, I would expect it to be their responsibility, even if they emailed me a photo of a "delivered" package. Am I wrong?

Delivery Information

"If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted, we will leave the package in a secure location. If no secure location is available, or the delivery requires someone to be present, Amazon will send an e-mail to the e-mail address on file. We'll make three delivery attempts on consecutive days. If the third delivery attempt is unsuccessful your package will be returned to Amazon for a refund.

You may find that the tracking will sometimes show that a package has been delivered, but you haven't received it. In these instances, check to see if the package was left with a receptionist or neighbor. Deliveries can occur between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time. To avoid disturbing you, our drivers will knock on the door, ring the doorbell, or directly contact you for delivery only between the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm local time, unless your delivery is scheduled or requires a signature. For scheduled and signature deliveries, our drivers will place a call to the phone number you provided for your order, but will not attempt to deliver the package outside the time frame of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. unless they are able to reach you. You can visit Find a Missing Package That Shows As Delivered for more information. If you checked these places, and you still can't locate your package, please contact us and we'll be happy to look into it for you."
So? 2 choices. Dont order from amazon anymore. Call amazon and complain (which is lousy thing to do during the holiday season)
Old 01-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Way to busy . But I always get a knock. Post a sign and leave out treats
Old 01-04-2021, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have several Amazon packages delivered every week, and lately, they have been delivered by Amazon trucks. FYI, here is their delivery policy. However, they do not follow the policy regarding leaving the package in a secure location or knocking on the door. I am often home when they put a package on my porch. I haven't had any problems with theft, but, if a package were stolen from my porch, I would expect it to be their responsibility, even if they emailed me a photo of a "delivered" package. Am I wrong?

Delivery Information

"If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted, we will leave the package in a secure location. If no secure location is available, or the delivery requires someone to be present, Amazon will send an e-mail to the e-mail address on file. We'll make three delivery attempts on consecutive days. If the third delivery attempt is unsuccessful your package will be returned to Amazon for a refund.

You may find that the tracking will sometimes show that a package has been delivered, but you haven't received it. In these instances, check to see if the package was left with a receptionist or neighbor. Deliveries can occur between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time. To avoid disturbing you, our drivers will knock on the door, ring the doorbell, or directly contact you for delivery only between the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm local time, unless your delivery is scheduled or requires a signature. For scheduled and signature deliveries, our drivers will place a call to the phone number you provided for your order, but will not attempt to deliver the package outside the time frame of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. unless they are able to reach you. You can visit Find a Missing Package That Shows As Delivered for more information. If you checked these places, and you still can't locate your package, please contact us and we'll be happy to look into it for you."
We, too, get a lot of deliveries from Amazon and they never ring the doorbell, and rarely put the package in a less-easy-to-see spot even though our entryway is perfect for doing that. I would rate their delivery service as poor.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:

Delivery Information

Every house in The Villages is secure enough that any delivery could be left on a front porch without fear of it being stolen. I don’t worry about that at all.

I frequently get notices on my phone when a delivery is coming or has been made. What is annoying is when I get a message that a package has been delivered, and I look outside and see nothing! Turns out it has been delivered to the post office for delivery, maybe, after the weekend. It goes to my village mailbox, which is a two mile walk (there and back). I don’t think I should be told it was delivered unless it is at my door. Or I should be told it was delivered to the post office for delivery and will show up in my mailbox by and by. That would be okay.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I know it's not a big deal unless your package is stolen. But, I find it strange that one of the largest companies in the country has a written delivery procedure that they routinely ignore. I just wish they would knock on the door which they are supposed to do.
Have you contacted Amazon about the fact that the driver isn't knocking or ringing the bell? When Amazon first started delivering in The Villages one left a package out in the driveway in front of the garage instead of leaving it at the front door. I called Amazon about it and it never happened again and was given a $5 credit .

However, most delivery people don't knock or ring though. Something like a Ring doorbell is great to have if you have deliveries often.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

I have never had a package delivered by all the major services without my door bell being rung. You might want to turn up your hearing aid.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Strange. None of the companies who deliver, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or USPS ever ring the bell or knock on the door. I get at least 3 deliveries per week, and I am usually home.
The always ring the doorbell or knock on the door.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I worked for UPS for a short time back in the 90s. They had designated areas where it was OK to leave a package on the porch and other areas where it was not allowed.

This was back in the day when a signature was required for every package. But in some areas, they allowed what was called "driver release". In some areas we were instructed to leave the package around the back of the house. In others it was fine to leave it on the front porch.

I would suspect that Amazon has a similar policy and that The Villages is considered a very low risk area.

I believe that they balance the cost of having drivers work more hours against the occasional theft of a package.

If Amazon tracking shows that it a package has been delivered and you don't have it, you need to call and let them know. They're usually pretty good about taking care of these situations.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
i've noticed we tend to have the same 3 people who deliver via golf cart. on really hot days i offer them a cold drink to take, sometimes even a $tip, (if the pkg is really large/heavy.) people remember that. each time we get a pkg they ring the bell if we are inside, if outside, we chat a bit & they are on their way. there's a woman who sometimes delivers, i have no idea how she can lift some of these boxes.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Delivery Information

Interesting. I've done volume shipping in the past. It sounds similar to UPS or Parcel post, or signature required. Three attempts and it is returned to sender. Insurance based on the rates a small shipper pays are high profit due to losses compared to money collected. High volume shippers with UPS, where shipping includes $100 worth of insurance, can get an even lower rate if they choose to self insure.

Your, quote check your neighbors, if you can't find it we will look into it for you.
In realspeak, that is you look around. You ask your neighbor if they received something addressed to you. We will stall hoping it will be returned to us. Frustrating as it is, that is normal. If, you receive something mail order than you incorporate into another product. You are only insured for the value of the item not lost production time.

Insurance. There is no shortage of people who receive items and due to error or theft
report claims. Paying for losses. The insurers even if it is the company deliberately make it difficult. I'm sure they know percentage of people that will not bother or follow up.
Closed Thread

Tags
package, delivery, amazon, delivered, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.