American Association of Law Libraries Convention July 16-19, Chicago.

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default American Association of Law Libraries Convention July 16-19, 2016 Chicago.

Annual Meeting and Conference

I went to four of these law librarian annual (Summer) conventions from Reno, Nevada in 1989; Minneapolis, 1990; New Orleans, 1991, and San Francisco, 1992. And wrote a number of presenters every year after that until about 1996 or so after requesting their Schedules.

My 224 613 Project I hope will be the elephant in the room there in Chicago as some of the people I have battled with and others who have supported me will be giving speeches on something or another.

I would love to hear from other librarians, police, social workers, teachers, physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, etc. who look at TOTV about what kind of ideas you would have about how survivors/victims could be helped via library web-sites or in libraries themselves?

Google Taltarac725 for the details on why this is so important to me. And it seems even more relevant given the events of this past week were calmness, education and connecting with people in with empathy are extremely vital.

You will note when Googling Taltarzac725 that I have been corresponding with police departments since 1992 as victim/witness assistance centers are often housed in police stations or near them in other governmental buildings.

224 is my birthday and the day that my then Earl Wooster High School teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell was slain (probably by Rodney Halbower) near the University of Nevada, Reno. The Mitchell family gave me a small Memorial Scholarship in the name of their daughter Michelle for the 1976-1977 Academic Year. 613 is the number I had in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed conducted by the University of California San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992-1993. You can see how I used these numbers in the 1990s and who was helping me in some form or another and I hope is still helping me spotlight certain problems.

But this is an evolving Project with changes in technology and crimes and the types of survivors/victims as well.

I have been on TOTV since July 27, 2007 and have lived in the Villages since June 2005 so the 224 613 Project is very much connected with the Villages and TOTV and I appreciate the kindness and support of some of the people on TOTV as well as here in the Villages.

My Taltarzac725 Photobucket Array now has 17,908 views and I would really appreciate getting this number to 20,000 by the end of July 31, 2016 with the help of Villagers and TOTVers. I do think education, tolerance, and empathy are keys to fix some of the problems I uncovered while I earned four degrees and searched for practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes in the libraries at and near where I earned these degrees in five states-- NV, UT, CO, CA, MN as well as places I visited-- TX, AZ, IL, FL, NY or could visit via the web-- pretty much every other US state and many other countries.

It is also very important to spotlight some of the very dirty tricks used against me over the years so that they are not so easy to use against others like me. I discuss these in some of my postings on the Taltarzac725 Photobucket Array.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Isn't that what defense law about, dirty tricks, the more money you got the dirty if gets? I'm so fresh
Old 07-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Isn't that what defense law about, dirty tricks, the more money you got the dirty if gets? I'm so fresh
Actually some of the public defenders have been more interested in this than the prosecutors as this would educate jurors about the law a great deal more than before. They would be harder to manipulate and would be asking more questions to both sides. And the prosecutors have the harder standard in criminal cases. It is much much lower in civil cases.

There were defense lawyers who helped me out but then there was also Mills Lane, but he was a bridge partner of my parents in the 1970s. Google Taltarza725 and you will see some of these lawyers.

I am in contact now with a number of lawyers and the Florida Bar on Facebook as well as with a number of the Top Law Schools.

Mostly the 224 613 Project would make certain players in the legal game a lot harder to manipulate. And it is a game to many people at least the Law Professors or at least some of them at the University of Minnesota seemed to see it as a game of chess with very high stakes.

There were some very empathetic law professors there though too. I do not want to overgeneralize. And some of the Law Professors seemed to be very much on my side in 1991 when I forced this issue of how you handle someone with a very intense personal history with the law in an employment setting involving the law. Do people have to more objective about the law or can they also base their judgments on stepping into the mindset of others involved in the law? Remember that I was a Student then Student Director with Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners connected to Minnesota Correctional Facility--Stillwater. These prisoners' needs was my number one Priority when I was in law school, then working in the law library, then my grades.

These are very important issues right now too with the police shootings in Dallas as well as those in Minnesota and Louisiana.

The people of Orlando have done a great job with empathizing and helping with the 6-12-2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting survivors/victims.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Sage

It is more who sees these Photobucket Documents than the number of people who do. It is now at 17,917. Facebook has proven a perfect way of getting people access to these documents while allowing me some control over who can see them. Not a lot but some and I did get called to Jury Duty in Sumter County in May 2015, Anyone on TOTV know the Sumter County Clerk of Courts, Gloria R. Hayward? Federal Jury duty in Ocala in 2009, Sumter County before that around 2006, Pinellas County, FL around 2004 and Sonoma County, CA about 1994 of 1995.

I did mention this Project in some way or another at all but the Federal Jury pool in Ocala, FL in early 2009. The Ocala case was a police officer in Claremont suing the City because he claimed he was harassed due to being Hispanic and using Spanish in his reports. My Project did not seem to much of any connection to that which I could see at that time so I did not mention it while the Judge was questioning us on the Jury Panel. I was on the Jury Panel but then the Judge booting me as he could tell I was hiding something. An elephant in the room if I had chosen to give it a big kick.

If you want to help me out a great deal have your lawyer friends look at Taltarzac725 especially if you think that they have some integrity. I know there are a lot of very caring and good people out there who are also lawyers.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It is more who sees these Photobucket Documents than the number of people who do. It is now at 17,917. Facebook has proven a perfect way of getting people access to these documents while allowing me some control over who can see them. Not a lot but some and I did get called to Jury Duty in Sumter County in May 2015, Anyone on TOTV know the Sumter County Clerk of Courts, Gloria R. Hayward? Federal Jury duty in Ocala in 2009, Sumter County before that around 2006, Pinellas County, FL around 2004 and Sonoma County, CA about 1994 of 1995.

I did mention this Project in some way or another at all but the Federal Jury pool in Ocala, FL in early 2009. The Ocala case was a police officer in Claremont suing the City because he claimed he was harassed due to being Hispanic and using Spanish in his reports. My Project did not seem to much of any connection to that which I could see at that time so I did not mention it while the Judge was questioning us on the Jury Panel. I was on the Jury Panel but then the Judge booting me as he could tell I was hiding something. An elephant in the room if I had chosen to give it a big kick.

If you want to help me out a great deal have your lawyer friends look at Taltarzac725 especially if you think that they have some integrity. I know there are a lot of very caring and good people out there who are also lawyers.
You write this like it was a good thing.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Sage

Future Annual Meeting Dates and Locations

I may go to one of these conventions in the future. We will see.

Past AALL Annual Meeting Locations

I believe I kept the pressure on for survivors/victims of crimes by writing many people at these conventions but I did not attend them--

Boston-- 1993
Seatte-- 1994
Pittsburgh-- 1995
Indianapolis-- 1996

You can see what I was doing I hope by Googling Taltarzac725. It did seem to have some affect. More than the laughter I experienced in New Orleans in 1991 and San Francisco in 1992 anyway.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You write this like it was a good thing.
It is a good thing as it would take me a very long time to explain extremely upsetting experiences to a room of strangers while everything was being recorded for an official Federal record. And they probably Googled my name back in 2009 as a matter of course when I became a sitting member of a Federal Jury Panel.

Others, please Google Taltarzac725 to gain some understanding of what I am talking about here. Birthday of 2-24-- teacher's pet of Barbara Mitchell-- one of the most notorious and heavily covered murders in Northern Nevada (Michelle Mitchell 2-24-1976 murder probably by the chief suspect of some if not all of the Gypsy Hill 1976 murders in the SF Bay area) should be enough for you to get it. The theory was still pretty bad back in 2009 as to who had murdered Michelle Mitchell-- a conspiracy to collect on a life insurance policy on a 2nd woman who had been murdered a few days before Michelle Mitchell. They were trying to make it appear that Miss Mitchell had been the victim of a serial murderer. Which weirdly as of 2015 is the present theory of her being killed by Rodney Halbower.

Barbara Mitchell was probably the first teacher who really believed in me and her family gave me the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship for the 1976-1977 Academic Year.

My 40th Earl Wooster High School Re-Union is coming up on July 23, 2016 in Reno, Nevada. I have been communicating with some of these people via Facebook but it is hard going as we all went through very traumatic experiences even if we do not fit the traditional definition of "victim" and "survivor".

Back on the ignore list for some though.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage
Default 40th High School Re-Union Next Week.

Quote:
It is a good thing as it would take me a very long time to explain extremely upsetting experiences to a room of strangers while everything was being recorded for an official Federal record. And they probably Googled my name back in 2009 as a matter of course when I became a sitting member of a Federal Jury Panel.

Others, please Google Taltarzac725 to gain some understanding of what I am talking about here. Birthday of 2-24-- teacher's pet of Barbara Mitchell-- one of the most notorious and heavily covered murders in Northern Nevada (Michelle Mitchell 2-24-1976 murder probably by the chief suspect of some if not all of the Gypsy Hill 1976 murders in the SF Bay area) should be enough for you to get it. The theory was still pretty bad back in 2009 as to who had murdered Michelle Mitchell-- a conspiracy to collect on a life insurance policy on a 2nd woman who had been murdered a few days before Michelle Mitchell. They were trying to make it appear that Miss Mitchell had been the victim of a serial murderer. Which weirdly as of 2015 is the present theory of her being killed by Rodney Halbower.

Barbara Mitchell was probably the first teacher who really believed in me and her family gave me the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship for the 1976-1977 Academic Year.

My 40th Earl Wooster High School Re-Union is coming up on July 23, 2016 in Reno, Nevada. I have been communicating with some of these people via Facebook but it is hard going as we all went through very traumatic experiences even if we do not fit the traditional definition of "victim" and "survivor".

Back on the ignore list for some though.
I have been thinking about this 40th Earl Wooster High School Re-Union in Reno, Nevada quite a bit. And also about the Law Librarian convention this weekend (July 16-17) and Monday and Tuesday (18-19).

Going back to the Federal Jury Voir Dire.

I told the judge I was a Villager. One other panel member in 2009 was a Villager. That I had been a law librarian. Was then unemployed and single. And had not been involved in a lawsuit involving employment discrimination nor supervised anyone.

I did babysit a number of teens when I worked at various places near Reno, Nevada from 1977-1983 but it would be a stretch to say that I supervised them as there were the daughters or friends of these of ex-lovers of my bosses. I did not really have much say as to who goes and stays. They were a fun bunch of teens then, all grown women now.

There were some supervisory roles I had at the University of Minnesota Law Library but I had had problems with claims before that I had made with respect to former employers backing up what I put on my resume even if these claims were true. So, I thought it better to just remain silent even with a lot of digging the Federal Government could see I was being honest in claims I made in many resumes.

Same with the supervision of law students I did while a Student Director at Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners. I was not sure that they (LAMP) would back me up on these claims even though with minimal investigation they could see I was telling the truth.

I did not want to say anything I could not prove right then and there. Being a single, male unemployed Villager who had been a Law Librarian was about all I could prove.

Interestingly, there was a retired manager from the CIA who lived west of the Villages (not saying where) who it looked like was being pegged to be Jury Foreman by the Judge while I left the Courtroom. It would have been very hard to challenge whatever some retired CIA manager said about anything.

I left and went to see Avatar in 3-D at the Hollywood 16 theater after getting lunch at Paddock Mall.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-16-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have been thinking about this 40th Earl Wooster High School Re-Union in Reno, Nevada quite a bit. And also about the Law Librarian convention this weekend (July 16-17) and Monday and Tuesday (18-19).

Going back to the Federal Jury Voir Dire.

I told the judge I was a Villager. One other panel member in 2009 was a Villager. That I had been a law librarian. Was then unemployed and single. And had not been involved in a lawsuit involving employment discrimination nor supervised anyone.

I did babysit a number of teens when I worked at various places near Reno, Nevada from 1977-1983 but it would be a stretch to say that I supervised them as there were the daughters or friends of these of ex-lovers of my bosses. I did not really have much say as to who goes and stays. They were a fun bunch of teens then, all grown women now.

There were some supervisory roles I had at the University of Minnesota Law Library but I had had problems with claims before that I had made with respect to former employers backing up what I put on my resume even if these claims were true. So, I thought it better to just remain silent even with a lot of digging the Federal Government could see I was being honest in claims I made in many resumes.

Same with the supervision of law students I did while a Student Director at Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners. I was not sure that they (LAMP) would back me up on these claims even though with minimal investigation they could see I was telling the truth.

I did not want to say anything I could not prove right then and there. Being a single, male unemployed Villager who had been a Law Librarian was about all I could prove.

Interestingly, there was a retired manager from the CIA who lived west of the Villages (not saying where) who it looked like was being pegged to be Jury Foreman by the Judge while I left the Courtroom. It would have been very hard to challenge whatever some retired CIA manager said about anything.

I left and went to see Avatar in 3-D at the Hollywood 16 theater after getting lunch at Paddock Mall.
The Federal Judge did ask us if any of us on the Jury Panel or still in the pool knew any of the parties in the lawsuit most of whom were Claremont Police Officers, Claremont City Attorneys, Employment Discrimination Attorneys, etc. He also asked if any of us Jurors or potential Jurors knew one another.

There were a few "yeses" to people knowing the Claremont policemen but not enough of a connection for the Judge or someone else to challenge them.

I had been writing many police departments in Florida in my 224 613 Project but doubt if anyone would remember any e-mails I had sent out in the period around 1999-2005.

Only six days until the 1976 Earl Wooster High School Class Re-Union. I still think I would be a little bit too disturbing a presence because of the baggage I would bring to this meeting especially how prevalent 2-24 and 613 have been in the media of late. And some of these people would make the various connections and they know about m 25.5 year effort on the Taltarzac725 224 613 Project.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-17-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Annual Meeting and Conference

I went to four of these law librarian annual (Summer) conventions from Reno, Nevada in 1989; Minneapolis, 1990; New Orleans, 1991, and San Francisco, 1992. And wrote a number of presenters every year after that until about 1996 or so after requesting their Schedules.

My 224 613 Project I hope will be the elephant in the room there in Chicago as some of the people I have battled with and others who have supported me will be giving speeches on something or another.

I would love to hear from other librarians, police, social workers, teachers, physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, etc. who look at TOTV about what kind of ideas you would have about how survivors/victims could be helped via library web-sites or in libraries themselves?

Google Taltarac725 for the details on why this is so important to me. And it seems even more relevant given the events of this past week were calmness, education and connecting with people in with empathy are extremely vital.

You will note when Googling Taltarzac725 that I have been corresponding with police departments since 1992 as victim/witness assistance centers are often housed in police stations or near them in other governmental buildings.

224 is my birthday and the day that my then Earl Wooster High School teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell was slain (probably by Rodney Halbower) near the University of Nevada, Reno. The Mitchell family gave me a small Memorial Scholarship in the name of their daughter Michelle for the 1976-1977 Academic Year. 613 is the number I had in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed conducted by the University of California San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992-1993. You can see how I used these numbers in the 1990s and who was helping me in some form or another and I hope is still helping me spotlight certain problems.

But this is an evolving Project with changes in technology and crimes and the types of survivors/victims as well.

I have been on TOTV since July 27, 2007 and have lived in the Villages since June 2005 so the 224 613 Project is very much connected with the Villages and TOTV and I appreciate the kindness and support of some of the people on TOTV as well as here in the Villages.

My Taltarzac725 Photobucket Array now has 17,908 views and I would really appreciate getting this number to 20,000 by the end of July 31, 2016 with the help of Villagers and TOTVers. I do think education, tolerance, and empathy are keys to fix some of the problems I uncovered while I earned four degrees and searched for practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes in the libraries at and near where I earned these degrees in five states-- NV, UT, CO, CA, MN as well as places I visited-- TX, AZ, IL, FL, NY or could visit via the web-- pretty much every other US state and many other countries.

It is also very important to spotlight some of the very dirty tricks used against me over the years so that they are not so easy to use against others like me. I discuss these in some of my postings on the Taltarzac725 Photobucket Array.
This stuff has been on my mind as today (7-23-2016) is the 40th Class Re-Union of the Earl Wooster High School Class of 1976.

These last two months here in the Villages have been kind of strange.

I do hope people will get involved with what I am talking about with the 224 613 Project. Google Taltarzac725 to see what it is about and more change should come about in subsequent Librarian and Law Librarian conventions in the future.

This is about education more than anything else and community connections. 18,167 views so far for my Photobucket Array.
Closed Thread

Tags
totv, project, people, police, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.