American Library Association Orlando Conference.

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default American Library Association Orlando Conference.

ALAAC16

I had kicked around the idea of going to this but did not think I would be able to handle all my emotions if I had gone there. Google Taltarzac725 and you should see why. Basically I mean the 224 613 Project to empower survivors/victims of crimes with access to practical materials through and in libraries of all kinds. Something I have been working on since January 1991 in some way or another but which dates from my desire to cope with and understand the murder investigation of Michelle Mitchell. This murder was on 2-24 (my birthday) while Michelle Mitchell was a nursing student at the University of Nevada, Reno and I was a remedial English teacher of her mother Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada. The Michelle Mitchell murder probably was finally solved (correctly) in 2015 with the checking of some DNA which connected to Rodney Halbower and the Gypsy Hill murders in the SF Bay area in 1976.

The last one of these I went to for librarians in general was also the only ALA convention I attended.

I went with a group of recent or near recent MA holders in Librarianship for the University of Denver where I had graduated in May 1984.

This American Library Association convention was in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area in the Summer of 1984.

I went to four American Association of Law Libraries conventions starting in Reno, Nevada in 1989; Minneapolis in 1990; New Orleans in 1991; and San Francisco in 1992.

My 224 613 Project has always been very closely related to libraries of all kinds.

You can see its ups-and-downs of this 224 613 Project by Googling Taltarzac725 and should be able also to understand why I would not be all that excited about going to a conference of librarians especially after the 6-12-2016 horror at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando.

#613 is my number in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed. It was conducted in 1992-1993 by the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus. You can see some of the results of that study and my being #613 on some of the documents in my Photobucket Array.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-26-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
ALAAC16

I had kicked around the idea of going to this but did not think I would be able to handle all my emotions if I had gone there. Google Taltarzac725 and you should see why. Basically I mean the 224 613 Project to empower survivors/victims of crimes with access to practical materials through and in libraries of all kinds. Something I have been working on since January 1991 in some way or another but which dates from my desire to cope with and understand the murder investigation of Michelle Mitchell. This murder was on 2-24 (my birthday) while Michelle Mitchell was a nursing student at the University of Nevada, Reno and I was a remedial English teacher of her mother Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada. The Michelle Mitchell murder probably was finally solved (correctly) in 2015 with the checking of some DNA which connected to Rodney Halbower and the Gypsy Hill murders in the SF Bay area in 1976.

The last one of these I went to for librarians in general was also the only ALA convention I attended.

I went with a group of recent or near recent MA holders in Librarianship for the University of Denver where I had graduated in May 1984.

This American Library Association convention was in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area in the Summer of 1984.

I went to four American Association of Law Libraries conventions starting in Reno, Nevada in 1989; Minneapolis in 1990; New Orleans in 1991; and San Francisco in 1992.

My 224 613 Project has always been very closely related to libraries of all kinds.

You can see its ups-and-downs of this 224 613 Project by Googling Taltarzac725 and should be able also to understand why I would not be all that excited about going to a conference of librarians especially after the 6-12-2016 horror at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando.

#613 is my number in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed. It was conducted in 1992-1993 by the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus. You can see some of the results of that study and my being #613 on some of the documents in my Photobucket Array.
The American Association of Law Libraries convention this Summer is in Chicago.

I hope people will help me PUMP UP THE VOLUME of my 224 613 Project. AALL

109th AALL Annual Meeting & Conference

How can you do this? Get more people to look at my Photobucket Array for Taltarzac725. It should give people ideas of what more could be done. I have 17,701 views now and would like to reach 20,000 by this time in July 2016.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-29-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
mitchell, libraries, michelle, american, nevada

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.