As Americans contend with ongoing restrictions International flights continue?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-20-2020, 03:30 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,723
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,213 Times in 426 Posts
Default As Americans contend with ongoing restrictions International flights continue?

Demanding Answers: Flights From Countries Hard Hit By Coronavirus Still Coming, So Are Precautions In Place? – CBS New York
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain

Last edited by billethkid; 05-20-2020 at 05:01 PM.
  #2  
Old 05-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,150
Thanks: 2
Thanked 792 Times in 405 Posts
Default

This will be attacked on here as fake news...........
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #3  
Old 05-20-2020, 09:34 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,598
Thanks: 9
Thanked 829 Times in 316 Posts
Default

One of the more interesting sites is Flightradar24. Shows you the flights currently in the air and you can also go to specific airports to view their arrivals and departures. There are a couple flights now going to and from Europe but the Atlantic looks empty. Flights to Anchorage are pretty busy from China and Japan. I didn't check but good chance many of those are cargo. Gives an interesting perspective on what goes on over your head.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #4  
Old 05-21-2020, 03:51 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,605
Thanks: 244
Thanked 1,025 Times in 415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
One of the more interesting sites is Flightradar24. Shows you the flights currently in the air and you can also go to specific airports to view their arrivals and departures. There are a couple flights now going to and from Europe but the Atlantic looks empty. Flights to Anchorage are pretty busy from China and Japan. I didn't check but good chance many of those are cargo. Gives an interesting perspective on what goes on over your head.
I use Flightradar24 to follow the contrails over our house here in UK. The sky is practically empty from flights to and from USA and Europe.
Even local flights are few and far between.
If it wasn't for the military stuff out of RAF Brize Norton nearby, doubt if we would see a dozen planes a day.
Spooky!
  #5  
Old 05-21-2020, 08:04 AM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
Thanks: 1
Thanked 275 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I use Flightradar24 to follow the contrails over our house here in UK. The sky is practically empty from flights to and from USA and Europe.
Even local flights are few and far between.
If it wasn't for the military stuff out of RAF Brize Norton nearby, doubt if we would see a dozen planes a day.
Spooky!
I was stationed @RAF Brize Norton umpteen years ago ( TDY ) then a short time later was assigned to close by RAF Fairford, 4 year tour.

RAF Fairford has recently added a Recon Sq. which was transfered from RAF Mildenhall so you will be able to watch even more contrails.
  #6  
Old 05-21-2020, 08:58 AM
GoodLife's Avatar
GoodLife GoodLife is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,188 Times in 375 Posts
Default

From your link:

“What is being done now to screen those travelers? What is the step-by-step process?” Rozner asked.

“That’s the federal government, that’s Border and Customs control,” Cuomo responded
.

That's funny, during the ebola crisis in 2014:

The tough-talking governors of New York and New Jersey got sick of waiting for the feds to impose mandatory quarantines for high-risk travelers exposed to *Ebola — so on Friday they did it themselves.

Govs. Cuomo and Chris Christie announced that, effective immediately, anyone traveling into Kennedy and Newark airports from countries plagued by the disease must spend 21 days in isolation at home or hospitals if they had direct contact with patients.

Mandatory quarantines for at-risk travelers from Ebola hot spots
  #7  
Old 05-21-2020, 09:23 AM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,769
Thanks: 1
Thanked 113 Times in 52 Posts
Default

To be monitored and enforced by whom???
__________________
........American by birth....Union by choice
  #8  
Old 05-21-2020, 11:32 AM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
Thanks: 1
Thanked 275 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
From your link:

“What is being done now to screen those travelers? What is the step-by-step process?” Rozner asked.

“That’s the federal government, that’s Border and Customs control,” Cuomo responded
.

That's funny, during the ebola crisis in 2014:

The tough-talking governors of New York and New Jersey got sick of waiting for the feds to impose mandatory quarantines for high-risk travelers exposed to *Ebola — so on Friday they did it themselves.

Govs. Cuomo and Chris Christie announced that, effective immediately, anyone traveling into Kennedy and Newark airports from countries plagued by the disease must spend 21 days in isolation at home or hospitals if they had direct contact with patients.

Mandatory quarantines for at-risk travelers from Ebola hot spots
Well to begin with Chris Christie is know longer the Governor.

Next Governor Cuomo's past decision's concerning Covid-19 have been nothing short " Of being a Total Disaster " .
  #9  
Old 05-21-2020, 11:45 AM
GoodLife's Avatar
GoodLife GoodLife is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,188 Times in 375 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Well to begin with Chris Christie is know longer the Governor.

Next Governor Cuomo's past decision's concerning Covid-19 have been nothing short " Of being a Total Disaster " .
Yes, I realize Christie is no longer a governor, I used that Ebola quarantine story to show Cuomo's duplicity when he blamed the fed's in OP's linked article.
Reply

Tags
significant, americans, control, article, routine

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.