Angela from the Warranty Department

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2020, 07:06 AM

I just bought a new car. One week later I got the dreaded call four times the same day. I called the dealer and asked if he was selling my information. He said the State makes my information available to anyone who asks.
So let’s all send letters to Baxley or the Governor and demand to know why they abuse our privacy?
Old 10-07-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

For awhile Angela was calling at least every day, sometimes twice a day. I don’t know how many times she’s calling now because unless I see the call coming from a caller I recognize, I simply hit the answer button and then immediately hang up. I don’t even say hello. I’m certain some of those calls are still Angela.

So I miss her friendly greeting. “Hi, this is Angela...”
Old 10-07-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Most of mine come from my local area code. ...which is why I answer in the first place. ...for example to confirm a doctor's appointment and the call may come from a secondary number.
How do you know it's a local area code? Local area codes don't even exist anymore, and the call you make can be forwarded anywhere in the world. If you dial 352, the person you are calling could be located anywhere.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Veteran member
Default identify callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I agree and the BS from the telephone industry claiming they can't identify where all these calls are coming from requires an IQ of -10 to believe it.
they use free internet VOIP numbers - untraceable.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I'm so accustomed to getting daily calls from "Angela", letting me know that this is her final attempt to contact me about an extended warranty on my auto, that I'm almost beginning to think I may miss her when she stops calling.

LOL
The phone calls I get are about my college student loans. They tell me I owe money (I don’t...they’ve been paid off for 41 years) or they’ll work with me on renegotiating the terms. LOL! To voicemail they go. So much for the Do Not Call List.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Most of mine come from my local area code. ...which is why I answer in the first place. ...for example to confirm a doctor's appointment and the call may come from a secondary number.
that is why I will answer, recently a potential spam call was my Dr office to confirm appt.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I'm so accustomed to getting daily calls from "Angela", letting me know that this is her final attempt to contact me about an extended warranty on my auto, that I'm almost beginning to think I may miss her when she stops calling.

LOL
My husband was getting telemarketing calls from health insurance companies for Medicare coverage. Finally when one person called, he responded by saying ‘ I’m glad you called me. Right now I’m going to prison so I won’t need health insurance. I should be getting out in about 5 years, so please keep my number and call me back in 5 years.’ He’s never received any of those calls again. LOL!
Old 10-07-2020, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

The problem is that the caller is a recording in most cases, so you can say anything you wish and they won't comprehend. In the "old days" they were live calls and a lot of fun to answer. If they called at dinner, I would ask them for a call back number. When they asked me why, I would tell them that I would like to call them back when I thought they might be eating a meal. Or, I would ask them what they were wearing and tell them that they had a REAL sexy voice. Female or male, it worked every time. Now, the calls are boring so I just look at the caller ID and if I don't recognize the number, I either let it go to the messaging system or pick it up and hang up. On my cell phone, I just swipe down to ignore it.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieBorden View Post
With a Verizon feature that comes with my service, most of mine now come through as “Potential Spam”. Yesterday I received a text from Verizon that says they will now route those calls to Voicemail for extra protection, this will come with the iOS14 update called “Silence Junk Callers”. This will auto-block potential spam calls and send them to your “recent calls & Voicemail”. Since Verizon started the potential spam feature, it has been much better, and I can only imagine that this will enhance what we already have. Anyone else using this feature?
Agree, Verizon's span filter works really well. I recently switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile and the number of spam calls I get increased significantly because I lost the Verizon filter. It does no good to block the incoming # because the same telemarketing message soon comes in again under a different number. On the bright side, I saved a bundle by switching to Xfinity mobile and internet from Verizon.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM

We have the whole department of the fine warranty company wanting to remedy our lack of extended coverage. I get calls on my phone and my husband gets calls on his too. We beg them to put us on do not call list. Pete still takes the calls and says no. I finally set my phone not to ring unless on my contact list. Makes me happier with less rings.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:

LOL
I had the same problem . I changed. My phone recording saying if you are a solicitor take us off your list. Since then we are getting a lot less calls.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:

LOL
Yeah, she and her friend Heather have been calling me! I'm sorely tempted to let it dial through and give them an earful, but why bother?
Old 10-07-2020, 08:39 AM

We have Comcast and our phone will ring once when it is a robo call and then stop. We also have ID so if we don't recognize the name and number we wait and if is legit, they leave a message. We can pick up during the message or call back. Much better now. While that is all better, we get calls from medical that are on numbers that are not identified rather than United Health or the doctor's name.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:53 AM
Default Call Hero

We are with Comcast Mobile. I use an app Call Hero. It provides a virtual assistant to answer your calls. All spammers hang up. If someone isn't in my contacts they can leave a voice mail. If they stay on the line the app will notify me who they are and allow me to answer the call. It is a paid app. Since using it I have not received one spam call.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabCake View Post
Yeah, she and her friend Heather have been calling me! I'm sorely tempted to let it dial through and give them an earful, but why bother?
Wonder if they know each other
Closed Thread

Tags
angela, warranty, auto, beginning, miss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.