Anger, outrage, unruly passengers, oppression road rage, irritation and more

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 05:10 AM
Default Anger/Rage

When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me. I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
YES. Walk in the doctor’s office with the scotch and sip while filling out the forms. If they say anything tell em the bottle is in the car if they want one
That is funny.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:44 AM
Default Water off a ducks back !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbird View Post
Today visiting a new dr. I got the clipboard and forms to complete and found I was becoming angry. Why are they collecting data on me, why do I have to sign agreement with long paragraphs of legalese. It occurred to me I have been feeling more aggravated more often. I believe more of us may be feeling oppressed and annoyed daily: bad drivers, media opinions, demands for personal information, 24 hr news, overcharges, cancelled flights, new regulations, higher prices, mask mandates robot calls, cable companies, shoddy service. Remember the film where a news anchor lifts his window and yells "I've had it and I won't take anymore! " How do we keep smiling agreeably through it all as senior gentlewomen and gentlemen are expected to do?
Some Villagers who have lived here for 10-15 years are used to this kind of attitude. Was not like this in 2000+ Its getting worse with Covid agreed. If we all worked together it would help but the A & E crowd loom larger each year. (Attitude and Entitlement). We are all entitled to have a safe happy retirement, but wont get it now..... We all worked so hard for this and thanks to some it will be tough to remain safe.

If you let others make you angry they have control over you. Take your life back, be happy.
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That would be the movie Network.
one of my all-time favorites-Dunaway rocks the house
Old 08-13-2021, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

But we can certainly try to change things and you think are out of our control. I live in a wonderful state where you have government workers that actually listen to your complaints. 2 years ago the road leading up from my Village have dozens of pot holes that I had written about. I'm fine really. The right person to talk to who told me how to complain and they spent half a million dollars to repave part of the road. Every few months I email the various government officials responsible for painting lines on the roads we're clearing the trash on the sides and most of the time I get good actions. Some things I don't but like you said you can't worry about everything or getting mad. In all honesty and some people get older they do need drugs but also he might just be an attitude Readjustment or need for a real vacation. PS I stop giving my SS number also as it happens to be a federal law saying you don't have to and I have not had one doctor refuse my money
Old 08-13-2021, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Some light exercise, I change in diet, or some liquor will also help
Old 08-13-2021, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

Dare I mention more sex on this board? Meaning to have more creates endorphins which help your mood and hopefully your partner
Old 08-13-2021, 05:52 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Intrusion!

Quote:
Today visiting a new dr. I got the clipboard and forms to complete and found I was becoming angry. Why are they collecting data on me, why do I have to sign agreement with long paragraphs of legalese. It occurred to me I have been feeling more aggravated more often. I believe more of us may be feeling oppressed and annoyed daily: bad drivers, media opinions, demands for personal information, 24 hr news, overcharges, cancelled flights, new regulations, higher prices, mask mandates robot calls, cable companies, shoddy service. Remember the film where a news anchor lifts his window and yells "I've had it and I won't take anymore! " How do we keep smiling agreeably through it all as senior gentlewomen and gentlemen are expected to do?
I answer NOTHING that isn't health related.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:53 AM
Veteran member
Default M0re

In all seriousness, the first thing the nurse practitioner asked as they check your blood pressure is have you had thoughts of suicide or depression, by the way most of our Medicare Part D plans now have unlimited psychological/ psychiatric visits with no co-pays. Really.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
So modern medicine works really well with as much data as you can put into the engine. There are prediction engines in the EMR which will tell your dr where your risks are with the correct data. I have seen the prediction engine on my data, and I don't like the answer because i am expected to have a heart attack within 10 years.

But for your doctor to have a complete picture of you and who you are dealing with, he needs as much as you can give him, otherwise he won't treat you for something you have which you know about but don't tell him.

As far as the rest of your sensitivity to "negative" issues, the human mind is wired to emphasize the negative for survival, and in the transition from a long period of relative calm to the pandemic and other geo political issues, you should think about mental protection strategies, as the world is going down hill at the moment from cooperative games to competitive games, and to enjoy TV, you have to live more in the bubble than not. . .

good luck, and talk to a professional if these issues prevent you from enjoying your current life

counseling guy
I've been a bunch of different doctors and medical people and had to fill out those papers. Half the time the doctor doesn't even look at him breed them or know him and they certainly are inputted into the computer.

No you completely wrong about this
Old 08-13-2021, 06:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
I think you’ve mentioned something that is a lot of the problem: 24 hour news. If you want the lower your stress and anger level, start by completely cutting out television news. ALL of it. It is designed to keep you watching, and it does that by alarming you and angering you and making you hate. How do you watch ANY television news without concluding that our country is on the brink of destruction and that all cities are cesspools of iniquity and that most people in minority groups are criminals? Yet that isn’t true. This summer I drove in a triangle from here to the Canadian border, to Denver, and back to here. What a beautiful, well-ordered, peaceful country we live in.

Also, stop reading any “news reports” on Facebook or YouTube or other sites. Most of that stuff isn’t true. Again, it is teaching you to fear and hate and be angry.

If you need a weather report, use the very accurate online site WeatherUnderground. If you need news from the country, believe it or not, read The Villages Sun. It focuses on good news and gives you paragraphs of what is happening around the country. It doesn’t include everything, but you are in a dark place, and that may be enough news for you right now.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
And the actual quote is : "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more"---Spoken by Peter Finch

I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore - YouTube
Old 08-13-2021, 06:44 AM
Default Responsibility

Quote:
These things don’t bother me. Why? Because I take responsibility for my own emotions. I make ME mad. I make ME angry. I make ME sad. No ONE else can make ME angry..or sad… or happy for that matter. MY perceptions of things control my internal thoughts and thereby my reaction to those things. If one doesn’t like the way they are reacting/feeling then you have the control to change your perception of the situation and your emotional reaction. It’s the whole glass half full, half empty thing.

How do you take responsibility for your emotional responses when you don’t like them? Mindfulness help. Step out of yourself and look at the situation from a fresh perspective. Is this circumstance going to impact me 10 years from now? Is it going to matter ? Etc? When you emotionally get into negativity you are hurting yourself the most because it actually impacts the cells in your body. Meditation daily is also helpful. There are plenty of books out there to help view even the worst situations and get through it without a overwhelming impact on yourself. It’s only up to you.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Good Morning, Happy Friday!!

Today is #ReinstatementDay Friday the 13th AND National Kool-Aid Day!! It's like a M*** loser trifecta
Closed Thread

Tags
feeling, news, companies, remember, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.