Annoying phone calls day & night

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Gold member
Default Annoying phone calls day & night

Any suggestions? All day and night our phone is constantly ringing with tele marketing calls. I am out of my mind with this. Keeping track of numbers now but where do I report this? We are on the do not call list but apparently it's not working. They even call and leave long messages tieing up your phone line. My God, if you don't feel well and want to take a nap the phone won't allow you. This needs to be outlawed. What an invasion of privacy. Fed up
Old 05-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Any suggestions? All day and night our phone is constantly ringing with tele marketing calls. I am out of my mind with this. Keeping track of numbers now but where do I report this? We are on the do not call list but apparently it's not working. They even call and leave long messages tieing up your phone line. My God, if you don't feel well and want to take a nap the phone won't allow you. This needs to be outlawed. What an invasion of privacy. Fed up
The same thing is happening to us and we are in Michigan! I don't answer the numbers I don't know. But now, they are using local numbers just to lear you in! So frustrating!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Gold member

Exactly. But if you don't feel well , you cannot even take a nap. It goes on and on. Need to know how to stop this? We need Laws passed to stop this. How dare them intrude in our homes all day and night. Who to call to report??
Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 PM

We removed the house phone from service when moved to TV. Problem solved. Now the way we tackled the cell phone nutjobs who call all day was we were lucky enough to see a post on this forum and someone suggested installing Mr Number from the Play Store on our Android phones. It worked great for a month or so, the phone would ring once and then Mr. Number would snag the call it was great but it has been letting calls leak through lately. The Do Not Call Registry is a waste of time. Good Luck.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

My wife still insists we have a land line....so of course we still do....When this occurs, we press the quiet button. This allows me to put the phone in quiet mode from anywhere between 1 and 12 hours. A great feature you probably have on your phone but perhaps have not yet used. My favorite feature.

Of course, my cell phone is my business phone.....that NEVER gets turned off.....lol.

Frank
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Gold member

I do not want to get rid of landline as I prefer using that to talk on phone and should not have too. Don't believe we have a silent feature but if u put on silent could then miss very important calls. Anyone else having this problem and found a solution?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

Check out nomorerobo.

Stop robocalls and telemarketers with Nomorobo
Old 05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

If you don't have, you should have, caller ID and voice mail. We also have a landline and if we don't recognize the number we don't answer. If they really want to talk to us or it's an important call (kids or grandkids or a tee time) they will leave a message and we will call back. The caller ID also shows up on the TV. Your phone should also have a switch to turn off your ringer so if you need a nap turn it off. We do that occasionaly since the number shows up on the TV. I have my phone through Brighthouse/Spectrum and they have call block which allows me to block calls by number. nomorerobo I believe, is an app for mobile phones, not land lines.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Maybe get rid if your landline? I understand your frustation... haven't had a landline since 2000...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
If you don't have, you should have, caller ID and voice mail. We also have a landline and if we don't recognize the number we don't answer. If they really want to talk to us or it's an important call (kids or grandkids or a tee time) they will leave a message and we will call back. The caller ID also shows up on the TV. Your phone should also have a switch to turn off your ringer so if you need a nap turn it off. We do that occasionaly since the number shows up on the TV. I have my phone through Brighthouse/Spectrum and they have call block which allows me to block calls by number. nomorerobo I believe, is an app for mobile phones, not land lines.

nomorobo is for landlines and works extremely well. We installed it in conjunction with our Comcast provided service and one ring, bye bye.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Gold member

It's just a bunch of very lazy SOB's that won't get a real job. That's how I treat them when I answer the phone too.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Eternal Member

One more very satisfied user of nomorobo!

It is free for landlines. The set up takes less than 5 minutes.

When a robocall comes in, the phone rings one time and then disconnects.

Try it!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage

google reporting phone calls...you can report them to the FCC and also to the do not call link. We've had the annoying calls from one number who call and re-call several times in a day/evening...we screen ALL calls but I've reported these!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage

Unfortunately, with nomorobo you still get that one ring, so if you're trying to nap or not feeling well as the OP mentioned, you still get disturbed by that ring. I have nomorobo and it helps a lot, but we still tend to look at the phone to make sure.

Interestingly, we just got that scam IRS filing a lawsuit robo call that nomorobo didn't intercept.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Gold member
Smile

We don't have caller ID's. However we do have an answering machine. When we receive a call we listen to our answering machine to see if anyone leaves a message. If no message then it's probably a robocall or a sales call. This works great. If a message is left we decide to either return the call or erase it. It's amazing to us that there are so many calls that don't leave a message.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, call, calls, night, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.