Annoying phone calls day & night

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The jerks are leaving voice mails now!!
Old 05-19-2017, 12:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

i screamed at one guy last night as he with his thick accent was almost impossible to understand until I hear these words "want to check your computer. I let out a very loud do you think I just fell out of a tree. apparently he did because he has called me three more times since and so this AM I blocked his calls on y phone.

I answered in the first place because i was waiting for a call from COMCAST
Old 05-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Don't answer.

I haven't answered my landline in years. It takes messages and I review them at my convenience. This makes it easy to discard robocalls.

My message on the answering machine gives my cell phone number so if the call is by a real person, they can call me. But the robots are not set up for this.

In the past few weeks I have started to get nuisance calls on my cell phone. I can tell by the opening sentence whether or not it is something that interests me. If not, I hang up without even saying I am not interested.

I am no longer polite to people who intrude on my privacy.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:31 PM

To Clarify:

Nomorobo only works on internet based landlines. It will not work with old fashioned copper lines coming into the house.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Sage

I used to block every telemarketer on my cell but they call the next day with a new number. Blocking numbers are a waste of time.
The only satisfaction I get if I have the time, is stringing them along as long as possible to waste their time.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

When I get a telemarketer call on my cell phone, the screen lights bright red and shows a spam alert. It directs me to swipe down if I don't want to answer it. I have seen an increase in these calls on my cell phone in the last month. We have nomorobo on the landline and it works perfectly.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Gold member

Got six calls in 12 hours from Illinois. Fixing Microsoft software weaknesses. Do not call is a cruel joke. I answered first and last calls.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Gold member

OK not sure I'm getting answers I need. I do Not want to give up landline because I am entitled to have a home phone as I prefer it. We are all entitled to our privacy too! Of course I have caller ID but that doesn't stop the phone from Ringing, usually 3x. Also if I want to rest or nap one ring would wake me up as I'm a light sleeper. I don't want one ring or 3 rings. I want peace in my own home. I also don't want to put my phone on silent because if napping and Emergency call comes in, I want to hear that. I just want peace and quiet in my home, not to be bothered day and night by this invasion of privacy. Is this too much to ask?? Fed up why can't our representatives stop this, outlaw it?
Old 05-19-2017, 07:15 PM

if you have a landline and a cellphone, turn off the ringer for the lifeline. For or if you have a cell phone, ask your cell phone provider for a west coast area code. I don't have one, but some people feel comfy with landline. I have never had someone call me, ever.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

I can switch the number of rings down to two rings. If I should snooze, I close my bedroom door with the kitchen phone still able to get the calls. Isn't it a shame you need to do this in your own home?? I also have a line in the bathroom. If I'm "busy" I just look at the caller ID and don't have to hurry important business. Lol

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:50 AM

Here is what may work in the long run. Call your US Congressman (Daniel Webster, Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson). Tell them this problem needs to be fixed. It can be fixed because the technology is already out there -- nomorobo works on cells and voips. Adapt it to landlines.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
nomorobo is for landlines and works extremely well. We installed it in conjunction with our Comcast provided service and one ring, bye bye.
I also recommend nomorobo for your landline. I installed it a few months ago on my Comcast landline phone, and it has been working well for me.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by normka76 View Post
Here is what may work in the long run. Call your US Congressman (Daniel Webster, Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson). Tell them this problem needs to be fixed. It can be fixed because the technology is already out there -- nomorobo works on cells and voips. Adapt it to landlines.
Two simple rules would fix the problem. First, all phone providers should be required to modify their system so that all customer numbers show up on caller ID, with no way for the caller to block, conceal, or add fake calling numbers. Second, all customers should be able to permanently block future calls for free with a simple click on their phone. Why can't the Federal regulators implement these rules?
Old 05-20-2017, 07:44 AM

I just tried to sign up for nomorobo and was told that my landline is not available for the service do to the fact that it is CenturyLink. Shesh!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
I just tried to sign up for nomorobo and was told that my landline is not available for the service do to the fact that it is CenturyLink. Shesh!
Just a thought . . . can you call CenturyLink and ask why nomorobo is not available?

Tags
phone, call, calls, night, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.