Any Other Creative Ideas

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Any Other Creative Ideas

I was visiting with a friend who owned some Jeweler stores and we got into the discussion of customers who cheated on payment, (e.g. bad checks, had a account but did not make payments,etc.). The question was what is a fair way of recovering
your loss. His way was what ever ethnic group the cheater was in would be slowly over charged until the loss was paid up. It did not matter if you Italian, Irish, Afro-American you paid for your ethnic group cheater. The Jeweler said this was the only
fair way he could see to cover the loss. His logic was each ethnic group should take pride in their name and not stand for anyone disgracing it for any reason.
Now we have the riots. Could the police identify the ratio of ethnic groups arrested and home addresses and tax those in the districts they come from in ratio to the ones who rioted and were arrested. That may be a basis to start those populations to understand the cost of destruction, stealing, rioting, and get them to start controlling the the bad seeds. I know this will bring out the lot of do gooders, and a bunch of rationals why it is a stupid solution. Given this is coming a simple question is what is your alternatives to pay for the destructions and stealing and loss of business?

Last edited by PennBF; 06-07-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Payback

I think Hitler had similar beliefs. Your jeweler friend needs a good tax accountant to write off the losses.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

So ever ethnic group should pay for the sins of one, and how will that work besides the fact that the jeweler is also cheating. Fraud is wrong but it also is built into most business plans , and how would we know these different groups , should we have everyone wear a star with his ethnic group on it , How about the millions of peaceful demonstrators, should they all pay for the looters or should the looters who are responsible pay whatever price when legally arrested . The thought that I’m even answering this post means I have to much time on my hands now
Old 06-07-2020, 12:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
His way was what ever ethnic group the cheater was in would be slowly over charged until the loss was paid up. It did not matter if you Italian, Irish, Afro-American you paid for your ethnic group cheater. The Jeweler said this was the only fair way he could see to cover the loss.
Fair? Fair?

Please name names and let us know who this slimeball is so we won't go near his business.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

With almost everyone in America who has a job, has a credit card in his pocket. Why is he even taking checks? I owned two businesses for a total of 25 years and never accepted a check. I had only one chargeback on a credit card in all that time, and that even included the 1980's when had to call an '800' number to approval for a card. That chargeback was on a foreign purchase, so after that, no more international orders.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,938 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
I was visiting with a friend who owned some Jeweler stores and we got into the discussion of customers who cheated on payment, (e.g. bad checks, had a account but did not make payments,etc.). The question was what is a fair way of recovering
your loss. His way was what ever ethnic group the cheater was in would be slowly over charged until the loss was paid up. It did not matter if you Italian, Irish, Afro-American you paid for your ethnic group cheater. The Jeweler said this was the only
fair way he could see to cover the loss. His logic was each ethnic group should take pride in their name and not stand for anyone disgracing it for any reason.
Now we have the riots. Could the police identify the ratio of ethnic groups arrested and home addresses and tax those in the districts they come from in ratio to the ones who rioted and were arrested. That may be a basis to start those populations to understand the cost of destruction, stealing, rioting, and get them to start controlling the the bad seeds. I know this will bring out the lot of do gooders, and a bunch of rationals why it is a stupid solution. Given this is coming a simple question is what is your alternatives to pay for the destructions and stealing and loss of business?
So if I am a law abiding citizen I should pay for the acts of someone else who he thought was of same ethnicity as me as was crooked?

Sorry not the right way to do business.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Not the Place

This kinda proves the theory that you can find a critic on any corner but it is hard to find a positive person with new and creative idea. This was kinda thrown out to try to see if there were any new and fresh ideas to help the poor people who lost their business and in some cases their lives by a mass of rioting thugs. It was so deluded with bad logic, a known improper and impossible solution as to not really make any kind of reasonable sense. But unfortunately it did not stimulate the creative readers to offer up a solution to this awful unrest. It ended up as a pathway for the non creative to vent their anger. Guess this was not the place to look for creative new solutions and ideas!
Old 06-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
This kinda proves the theory that you can find a critic on any corner but it is hard to find a positive person with new and creative idea...
IMO, you can’t post an idea with such obvious racist and ethnic overtones and then find fault with the people who point them out.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
IMO, you can’t post an idea with such obvious racist and ethnic overtones and then find fault with the people who point them out.
So very true
Old 06-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Default Creative solutions

Quote:
This kinda proves the theory that you can find a critic on any corner but it is hard to find a positive person with new and creative idea. This was kinda thrown out to try to see if there were any new and fresh ideas to help the poor people who lost their business and in some cases their lives by a mass of rioting thugs. It was so deluded with bad logic, a known improper and impossible solution as to not really make any kind of reasonable sense. But unfortunately it did not stimulate the creative readers to offer up a solution to this awful unrest. It ended up as a pathway for the non creative to vent their anger. Guess this was not the place to look for creative new solutions and ideas!
or the final solution , that was tried in Germany somehow it didn’t work completely but not for lack of trying .
Old 06-08-2020, 09:52 AM
Sage

Anger because people don’t agree , I’m going to use a word I haven’t used since I was a kid so it might be spelled wrong , not anger but flabbergasted , is the only and last word I’ll say on this
Old 06-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Had to point out

I have to point out that the response to the meaningless illustration of an example of a suggestion that had little if any merit were absent of any creative ideas. It appears all read the proposal and then attacked it BUT ignored the request for an alternate creative solution? It's a sad thing when positive idea's take the back seat to the ease of attacking and being negative? Where are the creative ideas, the thinkers? We have a population of residents who have a wealth of experience and education and it is going to waste.It will be interesting to see how many have excuses for this behavior?
Old 06-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have to point out that the response to the meaningless illustration of an example of a suggestion that had little if any merit were absent of any creative ideas. It appears all read the proposal and then attacked it BUT ignored the request for an alternate creative solution? It's a sad thing when positive idea's take the back seat to the ease of attacking and being negative? Where are the creative ideas, the thinkers? We have a population of residents who have a wealth of experience and education and it is going to waste.It will be interesting to see how many have excuses for this behavior?
Didnt know we were being asked for other ideas.

Do not take checks only cash or credit card payments.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Ha, the OP 'baited' people with the BS unethical ethnic punishment story and then cries foul that folks react to that and didn't 'see' or respond to their 'one line' request for creative ideas at the very end of a large paragraph

next time lead with the question
Old 06-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Suggestions

PenBF:

If you wanted suggestions and not a hornet's nest of opinions, you didn't have to say much more than]:Given this is coming a simple question is what is your alternatives to pay for the destructions and stealing and loss of business?[/I]

Your lede graph disguised the intent of your question.
Closed Thread

Tags
loss, ethnic, stealing, ratio, group

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.