anyone have experience with Parkwood Village

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Default anyone have experience with Parkwood Village

Has anyone looked at the houses in Parkwood Village, and if so, what is your opinion. Seems like good prices, but found out that the pool that they advertise with the floor plans in the newspaper is not actually included in the cost.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Suggest you do some serious research. Parkwood which is off Rte 101 beyond Bison Valley is NOT part of the Villages. This place is a disaster and I would highly suggest you get some legal counsel, check with the BBB, crimes against seniors or any other org that you can think of before you persue ownership with this developer.

Again this is NOT The Villages!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 PM

I know it is not part of the Villages, but how do you know so much about it? I appreciate you advice on checking it out, and it sounds as if you have had a bad experience with them, or know of someone who has. Why do you suggest checking them out with the BBB?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 PM

Parkwood is not a part of the Villages as you know, so that means that you do not have access to any of the villages amenities. pools, golf, rec centers, etc.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Not interested in having access to village amenities, although the only thing I wouldn't have access to is Katie Belle's and community centers, but still can go to the squares which I enjoy. Also can use all of the country club restaurants.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
KittyKat
Smile Check out Lakeside Landings

If you're not interested in all the amenities I would check out Lakeside Landings off Rainey Trail to the west of TV. My Mom & I wish they had been open when we moved here in 2007. We thought we would join all these clubs but turns out we didn't join clubs in Ohio because we are not very social so, guess what? We didn't join any down here. We are limited, physically, in what we can do so we play Bingo & go to the pool. Our ranch house is cheaply built. We were swayed by all the hype of "The Villages!" We went to Lakeside Landing for a tour just to see what it was like. We found the house to be well-built, all driveways come with pavers and the pool was big and beautiful--has a waterfall! They have planned activities and a FREE gym. And you have your own mailbox at the end of your driveway. If we didn't have to pack we would move there. I would get a street-legal cart or an LSV. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Veteran member
Default Parkwood WHAT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie123 View Post
Has anyone looked at the houses in Parkwood Village, and if so, what is your opinion. Seems like good prices, but found out that the pool that they advertise with the floor plans in the newspaper is not actually included in the cost.
Which community????? "Parkwood Village" is an older Mobile-Home Community @ 517 Magnolia Lane in Wildwood,Fl. It is Southwest of "The Villages" .... BUT .... "The Villages of Parkwood" is a VERY NICE community of new HOMES ( not Manufactured/mobile ) in Oxford, Fl. on the West side of(-but not in-) "The Villages"..located North off CR 466 AND East of Hwy 301. I assume you meant "The Villages of Parkwood". In case you are "looking" for a place in this area-----and are a large distance away----be very careful deciphering the "names" of the developments. Always, "google map" the places... And ask any questions here on this (TOTV) forum. Good luck in your quest.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Do a TOTV search on Parkwood and see some of the previous posts.... Dont be surprised if your closing does not go as you planned and cost you more $$.. Drive through the developement and ask people who live there, Are people using the new pool/club house area or is it just there for show. Moreso check with crimes against seniors , BBB, or your local legal counsel...and I highly suggest if you do proceed with buying there you have legal counsel review everything before you sign anything. Another site to check
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oxfo...1NJ9KDGRIUO3KI
Old 06-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
If you're not interested in all the amenities I would check out Lakeside Landings off Rainey Trail to the west of TV. My Mom & I wish they had been open when we moved here in 2007. We thought we would join all these clubs but turns out we didn't join clubs in Ohio because we are not very social so, guess what? We didn't join any down here. We are limited, physically, in what we can do so we play Bingo & go to the pool. Our ranch house is cheaply built. We were swayed by all the hype of "The Villages!" We went to Lakeside Landing for a tour just to see what it was like. We found the house to be well-built, all driveways come with pavers and the pool was big and beautiful--has a waterfall! They have planned activities and a FREE gym. And you have your own mailbox at the end of your driveway. If we didn't have to pack we would move there. I would get a street-legal cart or an LSV. Good luck!
Hi KittyKat,
Having to pack seems a small price to pay for being happy with where you live for the rest of your life.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM
KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi KittyKat,
Having to pack seems a small price to pay for being happy with where you live for the rest of your life.
Alas, that's the problem. My Mom will be 85 next month, not many years left. I have to sell the house after she passes to distribute the proceeds among 5 children so I can't afford to stay here then. Hate to move now and then have to sell again in a year or two or three or... I'm just saying, there are other options for someone who can't use all the amenities. Glad that TV is here for those who can.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Suggest you do some serious research. Parkwood which is off Rte 101 beyond Bison Valley is NOT part of the Villages. This place is a disaster and I would highly suggest you get some legal counsel, check with the BBB, crimes against seniors or any other org that you can think of before you persue ownership with this developer.

Again this is NOT The Villages!!
I agree. My in-laws were one of the first buyers in there. You'll know when that developer is lying.....when his mouth moves!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Lake Side Landing is very nice, but the single family homes are very expensive, at least $300 thousand. Way out of my range.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 PM

I was going to build in Parkwood and was told they would "work with me" but they wanted an arm and leg for deposits and every time you turned around there were hidden costs! They have fees for just about everything; also look very closely at the POA rules and regulations. You will get charged for having a brown spot on your lawn; this is FL we dont ALWAYS have beautiful green grass! I would really be careful when looking at buying.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Have heard problems from other people. Someone told me that the builder agreed to a price on a house and said once they go back up north, to see if they wanted anything else added or removed. Well, once they didn't hear from him for a month, they tried and tried to get in touch with him, but wouldn't answer their calls. It turned out he wanted more money than agreed upon, so they did however get their down payment back after about 6 months. I guess I really should look elsewhere, but not many choices for gated communites for families.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,003 Times in 1,202 Posts

Saw a resale in the paper for Village of Parkwood. Listed by Realty Executives. The Agents are Marge Ross and Karol Clark. Believe they have already sold one resale in Parkwood. Suggest calling them. They must have information on Parkwood. 352-255-7993 Check their website at WWW.FocusontheVillages.com.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.