Anyone have experience with the Soda Stream maker?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Anyone have experience with the Soda Stream maker?

I am thinking of buying a Soda Stream machine to make my own sparkling water. I have read the reviews, etc. and I was wondering if anyone here in TV uses one. I am particularly curious about the availability of replacement CO2 cartridges. I understand you must use their cartridges, and in some areas there is an exchange service. Do we have an exchange service here in TV or where do you get them? This appears to be an environmentally sensible product, and will stop the piles of bottles going in the landfill.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

We 've been using Soda Stream for two years. We get our supplies at Bed Bath and Beyond. Replacement Co2 cartridges are $15. They are available at the front registers.
B Bath and B has a good variety of flavors...for some reason they never have any tonic. Oh well...I might have to start drinking my gin straight!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Bought one the day they came out. Love it
Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Gold member

It was number one on our daughter's list for Christmas last year. She loves it. I'm not so sure but will be at the daughter's house in California in a few weeks so I will really get a chance to use one. My wife seems to think it is a good idea for the motorhome (less weight than cans of soda). In fact she bought one on sale but we took it back - figured we would get to test one for free first! (Well, not really free, we bought it.)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Thank you all so much, this is excellent feedback. It will be easy to just go to Bed Bath andBeyond for cartridges! I am really happy. Wonder why they don't have tonic flavor? That does see likes no brainier.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Thank you all so much, this is excellent feedback. It will be easy to just go to Bed Bath andBeyond for cartridges! I am really happy. Wonder why they don't have tonic flavor? That does see likes no brainier.
Tonic in stock is either hit or miss. I've served it to friends who said it was the best they've ever had. Another nice thing about Soda Stream is that you regulate the amount of carbonization to your taste.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Veteran member

I noticed both regular and diet tonic on line at Bed Bath and Beyond. If they don't have it in the store, they will order it for you and I think there is no shipping charge if they order it in the store. It comes right to your house. I ordered a Soda Stream machine today on line. Thanks for your input, you sold me on it.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I noticed both regular and diet tonic on line at Bed Bath and Beyond. If they don't have it in the store, they will order it for you and I think there is no shipping charge if they order it in the store. It comes right to your house. I ordered a Soda Stream machine today on line. Thanks for your input, you sold me on it.
And thanks for your input about ordering my tonic from the store. You've made my gin and lime happy!
(since drinking gin and tonic with quinine I haven't contracted malaria even once!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.