Cycle Crusing

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Default Cycle Crusing

Any Motorcycle or (Large Scooter - 250cc) riders want to do some local crusing, (within 50 miles or so)???
Old 12-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Sage
Default Re: Cycle Crusing

I plan on getting a 150 cc scooter and doing the byways - no hurry when ur retired.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Sage

Chuck,

since I had very little to no response on my post about the :"mosey along" bike club,I was wondering about getting a small scooter. I know theres a scooter club in TV . I sat on a very cute 49cc scooter with pink flowers on it and felt like a Hells Angel!

I think I would love joining the scooter club, just not sure if I could keep up with the "big guys". Or if they would even let me in!!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Sage

Nonie:

A (nominal) 50 cc scooter will probably do about 50 MPH while a 150 cc will do about 65 MPH.

You don't want to get on the interstate on either one. A 50 cc is fine around city streets with a 35 MPH limit such as around TV. A 150 cc should be able to handle cruising the county highways. I would say that if you want to go beyond TV, look for a 125 - 200 cc and stick on some flowers.

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage

Not sure I could handle one that big, but thanks for the advice, I WILL take it very seriously. Still gonna try that bike club when I get there. Ha Ha!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

Nonie,

Many times it is not the size of the cycle that is important. It is how you feel on it and if the seat is not to high, so that when you stop you have a problem touching the ground and keeping the cycle under control. I have always found that a really small and light cycle is not as safe as something a little larger, they are less affected by bumps and things like that. Good luck on your decision.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.