Apartments Planned for Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Sage
Default Apartments Planned for Trailwinds Village

The project will be reviewed by the Wildwood Project Review Committee on April 16 at 10 a.m.

The applicant is seeking approval for the construction of a multi-family development within Trailwinds Village, consisting of four 39,498 sq. ft. three-story buildings, and related accessory structures and improvements, to be completed in two phases.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The Wilds, page 03.pdf (492.6 KB, 334 views)
File Type: pdf The Wilds, page 04.pdf (348.9 KB, 229 views)
Old 04-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

That's just great. I live less than a 1/2 mile from it as the crow flies; I just hope the rent is high enough to keep the nefarious trashy riff-raff out of it.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Maybe section 8 housing????
Old 04-13-2019, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Wasn’t the apartments in the original planning. Weird that it’s behind Lowe’s, there is green space in each section
Old 04-13-2019, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

There is a need around here to attract labor to fill the jobs for the businesses that will be part of the expanding communities plus existing businesses. Wildwood has (I think) approved a Tiny House Community, affordable housing along 44 on the other side of 301 and this addition could be part of that strategy.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-13-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Wasn’t the apartments in the original planning. Weird that it’s behind Lowe’s, there is green space in each section
Yes, these apartments were in the original plans. I am looking at my copy of the Barclay web page that was erroneously published over a year ago. It shows these apartments, pretty much as they are on the current request.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Default Trailwinds apartments

Kinda bytes...
The "Villages-Net" stated something to the effect of "Apartments LOOM over Tamarind Grove". In a way, they very well may. It would be nice for The Developer (ours - Mr. Morse) to go to bat for us and tell Wildwood - "Hey, after all we've done for your town and county, lay off a bit". 3 story apartments??? Right behind the pool. Really?
Old 05-29-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Kinda bytes...
The "Villages-Net" stated something to the effect of "Apartments LOOM over Tamarind Grove". In a way, they very well may. It would be nice for The Developer (ours - Mr. Morse) to go to bat for us and tell Wildwood - "Hey, after all we've done for your town and county, lay off a bit". 3 story apartments??? Right behind the pool. Really?
Not to worry, with a view like that, it may be hard to sell the apartments!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

When we were first looking for a home here we were shown a beautiful home overlooking acres of green space which looked very inviting. Thankfully, my other half was smart enough to realize that any green space left over close to TV would be built on eventually and you would never know what you would get.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-29-2019, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Kinda bytes...
The Developer had the opportunity to purchase the property but walked away from the conditions Wildwood placed on the property. The Developer had his chance, doubtful Wildwood would attempt to put additional conditions on the current developer that stepped up.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Kinda bytes...
Actually, had the developer succeeded in buying that property, they were going to cut a path right through that beautiful pool/park in Tamarind Grove and funnel ALL of the resulting golf cart traffic through it and onto Tamarind Grove Run. That is one of the most beautiful pool areas in TV--the trees and greenery are gorgeous, and you can't even see a rooftop from that pool--and they were set to ruin it.

As a resident of Tamarind Grove, I was extremely happy that the deal fell through. A three-story apartment building will probably be hid from view by the gorgeous trees in the Tamarind Grove pool/park.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The Developer had the opportunity to purchase the property but walked away from the conditions Wildwood placed on the property. The Developer had his chance, doubtful Wildwood would attempt to put additional conditions on the current developer that stepped up.
I hope this company will handle it like I think it would be handled if part of The Villages.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope this company will handle it like I think it would be handled if part of The Villages.
See my post. The developers' plans for the acquisition were published, and they were not going to handle it well.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
See my post. The developers' plans for the acquisition were published, and they were not going to handle it well.
A NIMBY response for you personally and local residents.
But for the majority of villagers golf cart access to that commercial area would have been a great bonus.
Plenty of areas have cart paths cutting through, and survive.
Any way, it's dead news, so lets hope you have nice neighbors who do not spoil the obvious tranquility of your area!
Old 05-30-2019, 07:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Kinda bytes...
Not behind the pool, they are behind the homes on Ansley path. Behind the pool will be 400+- homes by a different developer. Totally separate project.

Tags
project, trailwinds, village, development, three-story

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.