apple ios7

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Just a caution....

It's probably still "technically" possible to downgrade your phone back to iOS6, but why would you want to. In a month, you'll forget how you did things in iOS6 and be proficient with 7. Actually, there are some really good things in iOS7, like the new "quick" settings feature and the new photos app is amazing.

Since iOS7 is so different in look and feel, developers have started developing apps for iOS7. That means if your go back to [or stay with] iOS6, you will NOT be able to use the newest apps; nor will you be able to upgrade the apps you already have, if they are rewritten to take advantage of iOS7.

Finally, in the end, if you keep using an iPhone, you WILL upgrade the OS. Whether you keep your existing iPhone or upgrade to a newer phone sometime in the future. It's always best to keep current with the latest Apple OS and for me, Apple upgrades have always been the easiest and most stable upgrades of any technology platform I have used.

Just my two cents...
Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Sage

Dumb question -- I have the original iPad from 2010. Do I have to upgrade to ios7? I don't use my iPad a lot, and I am happy with the operating system it has. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Dumb question -- I have the original iPad from 2010. Do I have to upgrade to ios7? I don't use my iPad a lot, and I am happy with the operating system it has. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Hi Schaumburger.... How's that Chicago weather?

If you have the original iPad, you cannot upgrade to iOS7. In fact, you were not even able to upgrade to iOS6; you're still stuck on iOS5.

I have 2 iPads and the first one was the original...it's still on iOS5

On the plus side, Apple will be announcing new iPads next month...
Old 09-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Sage

Glad to see you here, Mike. So far, working with the new operating system hasn't been difficult, but the picture resize situation still needs to be resolved. I'm sure there will be an update to correct the problem. Installed iOS7 on my phone last night. You're right, it won't be long before iOS7 will be comfortable to use.

Don't wander away.....you are our mentor for anything Apple.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Can someone tell me how to change the time to EST. After the install, the time went 2 hours back! Not a fan OS7 yet. Also can't figure out how to email an article I happen across. Can anyone help with that. Thanks

Go to settings. Turn off automatic time zone, set time zone manually, turn on airplane mode, then turn off airplane mode.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

On a positive note I really like the apple radio that is in the music icon. The only problem I see with it is it does not offer a shuffle. Hopefully they will fix that. As it stands now it looks like it could put Pandora out of business. It's free with no stoppage and no ads.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
On a positive note I really like the apple radio that is in the music icon. The only problem I see with it is it does not offer a shuffle. Hopefully they will fix that. As it stands now it looks like it could put Pandora out of business. It's free with no stoppage and no ads.
Thanks for that info....haven't looked at that yet. You know what I'm going to do right after this post....
Old 09-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Updating your Apps

Did you know you can preform automatic updating of apps with iOS7? If you choose this option, you will no longer see that little red circle on the app store icon, telling you that you have 26 apps to update!

If, after the fact, you want to see what has been updated, when and what the update entailed, just go into the App Store ---> Updates and it will show you each app update, along with date and you can read about the updated features.

Cheers....
Old 09-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Gold member

This morning all of my calendar appointments are gone. But they are still in my iCloud calendar. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

I found the following site helpful in understanding more about what all ios 7 does/can do:

90 iOS 7 Tips and Tricks | Mac|Life

There is a little slider window with blue left and right direction arrows. Click on each set of pictures to work your way through the 90 tips.

btk
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Send a message via ICQ to gregntam

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
I had to pick a darker wallpaper from the ones offered, then the white lettering showed up better.
Good tip Buzzy, I changed to the black background and it works better for me.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
This morning all of my calendar appointments are gone. But they are still in my iCloud calendar. Anyone else have this problem?
Nevermind. Wife accidentally de-selected calendar while looking at the phone.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage

I entered in a security code just because the iPad asked me for one. (I don't have an iPhone if that matters).

Now when my iPad goes to sleep, each time it wakes up I need to enter the code. Can anyone tell me how I can delete the security code I entered?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I entered in a security code just because the iPad asked me for one. (I don't have an iPhone if that matters).

Now when my iPad goes to sleep, each time it wakes up I need to enter the code. Can anyone tell me how I can delete the security code I entered?
Go to settings, general, privacy. There you will see pass code or whatever it is called. Just slide the button to off.

I initially set up a code, too....pain in the backside.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

How do you like the radio Pooh.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.